Queen of the South vs Dundee United

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:
This referee can’t!

If your players hadn't spent the whole half time-wasting it'd have been finished ages ago.

Dry yer fucking eyes.

1-0 United.

1 minute ago, ALOREBURNE said:

El Bakh and Pybus massive losses and having basically no bench to call on, was always going to be difficult. The time wasting was embarrassing and once again Shankland a no show. 

Out of interest, if your team were winning 1-0, had a number of injuries, were top of the table and trying to win the league, what would you want your players to do? Play free-flowing, attacking football in the later stages of an important and very difficult away trip? Or sit in, waste a bit of time and get involved with a bit of shitehousery?

Give me shitehousery every time.

We've managed to mix it up this year and pump teams but also grind it out when we've had to. It is needed at times if you want to get results.

Well that was annoying.

I think we had 2 chances to their 1, but we managed to lose.

United obviously have a good lead now, but they must be terribly worried about the injury crisis that apparently struck them this afternoon.  At times it looked freakish. Fingers crossed that these guys make full recoveries.  

Out of interest, if your team were winning 1-0, had a number of injuries, were top of the table and trying to win the league, what would you want your players to do? Play free-flowing, attacking football in the later stages of an important and very difficult away trip? Or sit in, waste a bit of time and get involved with a bit of shitehousery?
We've managed to mix it up this year and pump teams but also grind it out when we've had to. It is needed at times if you want to get results.
The points you're making are fair. "Later stages" is laughable though. It was shortly after your goal it began.

I'm glad Utd did it though because we were absolutely toothless throughout and a hit and hope was the only way we would have got something today. Apart from Hamilton's chance we offered nothing. Frustratingly, Utd were the same. The goal was the only test McCrorie faced and to make it worse it was a mistake by Kilday to give away a needless corner. I'll give him a break because he was carrying the extra weight of Shankland in his back pocket.

Defensively we did well today but going forward it was pitiful. Murray and Dobbie well below their usual standard. Pybus and El Bak were massive misses, as were our subs. Absolutely nothing to shake things up today.

We got what we deserved today regardless of Utd's shithousery.

11 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I'm not one to fixate on time wasting - genuinely I'm not.  There was some moaning on here after our Cup debacle against Queen 's Park, but I saw it as fair enough and certainly no worse than we're often guilty of.

That today however, was quite something.  Given Neilson's touchline antics, it's clear where it comes from, but it's pretty unimpressive.

16 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Out of interest, if your team were winning 1-0, had a number of injuries

A number of injuries? Haha that’s cute, at least you were able to fill a bench. 

We had to put a centre back up front at the end. The picture below shows both the teams available subs.

0E58B6F1-0DF8-42D8-A617-70C8DBA93CFF.jpeg

Edited by ALOREBURNE