Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

I mean, we mostly had complete control of the game and didn't ever look in any danger of losing, but Kilmarnock were playing for the replay or to nick a goal from one chance - and that's absolutely fair enough. It's fine to note the conditions, which didn't help matters, but I don't have much faith from recent evidence that we would have suddenly become much more threatening otherwise. We barely asked a serious question of Branescu. 

Campbell and Ojo were neat and tidy, some nice passes and they dovetailed quite well. Main was more effective and intelligent when he came on than Cosgrove, whose last few performances have resembled the bulk of his first year. There is never any shortage of effort from Ferguson, and he has his strengths, but his limitations are exposed when opposition teams are happy to sit in and get bodies behind the ball. The decision not to prioritise the signing of a proper, genuinely creative number 10 in January becomes more baffling with every passing game. 

We have been a bit better than usual, but that's not saying much. Still not doing enough to ask any serious questions of the opposition goalkeeper, needing more poise and guile in the final third. Campbell is playing well. 

Why are our players scared to shoot. We can’t create chances so surely that’s an option FFS

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

I mean, we mostly had complete control of the game and didn't ever look in any danger of losing, but Kilmarnock were playing for the replay or to nick a goal from one chance - and that's absolutely fair enough. It's fine to note the conditions, which didn't help matters, but I don't have much faith from recent evidence that we would have suddenly become much more threatening otherwise. We barely asked a serious question of Branescu. 

Campbell and Ojo were neat and tidy, some nice passes and they dovetailed quite well. Main was more effective and intelligent when he came on than Cosgrove, whose last few performances have resembled the bulk of his first year. There is never any shortage of effort from Ferguson, and he has his strengths, but his limitations are exposed when opposition teams are happy to sit in and get bodies behind the ball. The decision not to prioritise the signing of a proper, genuinely creative number 10 in January becomes more baffling with every passing game. 

Campbell and Ojo the only real positives. Still in shock watching an Aberdeen full back look to keep the ball on the deck where possible.

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Kennedy pen shout must have been in the first half. Can't remember any pen shout for Kennedy at the RDS end?

The ref was pretty poor today.

I think he's referring to the Hamalainen one that was given as a free-kick on the edge of the box. My initial instinct was that the contact was just inside, but I haven't seen it back.