Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, the overarching and nagging question for me is, would ruthless regimes cripple or destroy their economies for a "few cases of the flu" ??

I think not and that worries me.

Trump won't give a f**k about the weak in his society snuffing it. America will work on economy protection first. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Is there any answer as to why the death rate in Italy is higher than the global rate?

Think Iran has a higher death rate there was some images leaked onto internet the other day and hospitals overflowing with bodies

41 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51807781

The Government wants even mildly sick people to stay at home to stop the spread.

Not right now though. Give it 10-14 days to let the virus spread around a bit more.

Cool. They gonna pay folks' wages?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Is there any answer as to why the death rate in Italy is higher than the global rate?

One person under 60 died. All old biddies an reason?

11 minutes ago, Matador said:

I am meant to be starting a new job in Switzerland; first week in April. Zero communication about the situation from the company despite repeated emails from me.

Dignitas?

They've all fucked off to the pub, no-one's there to answer your e-mails.

46 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Dignitas?

They've all fucked off to the pub, no-one's there to answer your e-mails.

Good thinking:  Go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

giphy.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

54 minutes ago, Matador said:

I am meant to be starting a new job in Switzerland; first week in April. Zero communication about the situation from the company despite repeated emails from me.

I thought they only did bullfighting in certain parts of Spain nowadays.

5 hours ago, JMDP said:

Spreading rapidly here in Spain. Yer boi here has just been told he has 15 days off from Wednesday as the schools in Madrid are closing. 

I work in childcare so I’m patiently waiting for my two weeks off. We were paid when the jannies went on strike a couple of years ago so I’m assuming I would be on full pay. 

Guest JTS98
7 hours ago, virginton said:

Two weeks later; the terribly led government of China is recording just 40 new cases per day with 1/6th of the world's entire population.

I'm not sure if you're deliberately missing the point, but surely the fact that China has massively reduced the spread of this by doing something rather than - as they did at the beginning - doing nothing, is exactly what I was talking about?

The Chinese hand was forced on this after it got out of control. And it got out of control because of the Chinese government.

They've cleaned up their own mess, yes. However, it's now everybody else's mess as well. Great bunch of lads, indeed.

4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

The Chinese hand was forced on this after it got out of control. And it got out of control because of the Chinese government.

So facing a new, unidentified virus, China should have quickly got it under control. But Europe, knowing what might be coming and having test kits available, is unable to do so?