Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Nothing puts the Great into Great Britain like a boomer drowning in their own body fluids, blocking someone else needing treatment because 'they won't be patronised or ordered about by the younger generation'

'Its just a bad cold. I'm not going to let some liberal, soft touch lefty scientist stop me going to the boozer'

EHPX-msX4AAa3R1.thumb.jpg.172689de707976acb47026b1e0af2a4b.jpg

16 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Depends on what happens over the next week or two. If folk don't think it's working, I believe they will just say 'f**k it' and go back to as normal as they can.

I don't think a few weeks, but if in 6 weeks or so there has been no noticeable benefit I imagine this may be the case.

Isolation over an extended period is completely unsustainable

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If they want to do that they need to shut stuff down.

Some people will still go out and about because the places are open and no bans have been put in place.

I ceasing don't blame them, and anyone doing so needs to have a word with themselves.

Do you have to be ordered to behave sensibly?  

Guest bernardblack
Is it different to deliberately infect people with AIDS virus and deliberately infect people with the Corona virus? Put someones life at risk because you don't give a fcuk.

I don’t think anyone has said they are visiting bars/restaurants etc whilst being ill

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:
What’s your dystopian/ pandemic movie of choice? I’m thinking Children of Men

The way Supermarkets are going, Soylent Green.

Could be away to fill the shelves if things go South rapidly...🤔😉

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't think a few weeks, but if in 6 weeks or so there has been no noticeable benefit I imagine this may be the case.

Isolation over an extended period is completely unsustainable

I think if they get to that situation were the public think its not working but the sincere says it is I  could see the police being given powers to enforce the curfew 

24 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

Don’t know whether this needs its own thread, but I can’t help trying to predict the longer term impact of the pandemic.

No more cinema

1/2 of pubs and eateries closed for good

You are more than likely correct that entertainment venues, pubs and food outlets will close.

However these are proven markets that people will still look for them to be around when everything calms down.

Effectively it will be a reset button, where those with the means to open new venues first will become highly successful, very quickly.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

I think if they get to that situation were the public think its not working but the sincere says it is I  could see the police being given powers to enforce the curfew 

My point was more aimed at a scenario where "the science" also shows no improvement

3 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I don’t think anyone has said they are visiting bars/restaurants etc whilst being ill

They won't necessarily know they are ill for 2 or 3 days but will be infectious.

Have you not been paying attention?  That's a serious question, not an attempt at an insult.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

My point was more aimed at a scenario where "the science" also shows no improvement

I doubt the gov would try to enforce things that have no scientific backing it would look awful in a public enquiry 

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If they want to do that they need to shut stuff down.

Some people will still go out and about because the places are open and no bans have been put in place.

I ceasing don't blame them, and anyone doing so needs to have a word with themselves.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has asked members of the public to start working from home "where they possibly can" and "avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues."

If you want to ignore the advice, go ahead, as you say there's no law against it. No law saying you should use a hanky when you cough either. The more people who follow the advice, the more likely the NHS are to be able to cope. I'm not going to slag someone off for it though, individually it doesn't matter much.

Edited by welshbairn

Guest bernardblack
They won't necessarily know they are ill for 2 or 3 days but will be infectious.

Have you not been paying attention?  That's a serious question, not an attempt at an insult.

Tbf I may have misread your comparison earlier, thought you were comparing people

spreading disease on purpose given you used the term deliberately. I doubt anyone is going to boozers with a cough and a temperature.