Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Brexiters will blame the eventual UK collapse on the virus.

ETA they might be right...

Edited by cyderspaceman

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Very little to do at work at the moment as my NHS department mainly deals with people with pre-existing conditions and we can see most of them as it puts them at risk.

When I get back from annual leave I may be "repurposed" get your guesses in now.

Mortuary technician

Just now, welshbairn said:

Should have asked four fat child portions.

I did try. Offered to stick a few quid in the charity tin next to the till, and they could avoid the ‘no button on the till for an adult eating those sausages that will be thrown out in about 56 minutes anyway’ problem. They weren’t for having any of it.

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Was out today, in the Bearsden area. Nipped into Waitrose for some lunch - their cafe was closed. Carried on with my business - hadn’t managed lunch by 3 o’ clock, then found myself passing the Dobbies Garden Centre near Milngavie. Diverted in, knowing there would be something available (if their cafe was even open). Walked in, and the place was dead. Hardly anyone around. The cafe was open (hurrah!), but there was a big chalked sign saying ‘cafe will close at 4pm until further notice’, and there were maybe only four or five folk in it at all. The shelves in the cafe, normally stocked with their wares, were sparsely stocked. A ragtag collection of treacle scones and traybakes. Walked past those, walked past the sandwich counter as nothing was on display, and the big metal bowls normally full of chicken mayo’ or prawns in a marie rose sauce were empty. It was depressing - the phrase ‘this shit is getting real’ immediately sprung to mind. Suddenly, ahead of me, at the ‘hot food’ counter, under a heat lamp, was a plate with maybe twenty or so cooked link sausages. Fcukin’ result - I thought. The lassie behind the counter pipes up ‘can I help you’... Yes, can you do me a roll on link sausage please’.... ‘Sorry, they’re on the kids menu’. Me: ‘Sorry? What? The place is empty, kids are just this minute coming out of school, and you’re shutting in an hour!, any chance of just shoving a couple of those links on a roll?’.... ‘Hold on I’ll ask the manager’.... ‘Sorry, manager says no, there’s no button on the till to put it through as an adult meal’.... Me: ‘You have to be kidding, there’s hardly anything on your shelves, there’s at least twenty cooked links there, you shut in an hour, they’ll be thrown out’..... ‘Sorry, nothing I can do’.

In the name of actual fcuk, the blitz spirit, that’ll get us through. Jesus fcuking Christ.

They mistook you for an adult?

£330 billion is certainly a big headline number but the specifics about how these policies will help workers - not just businesses - are as clear as mud. Doesn’t help when you have a bumbling, Wodehouse parody acting as messenger in chief.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

My parents are in their 70s and my dad has some health problems.  They are pretty sensible though and are also lucky enough to live in a big house with a big garden and to have my brother and his family nearby to help them with stuff.  My dad has arthritis in his ankle so can't really go anywhere on foot which helps, if that's the right way of putting it.

My wife's mother is in her mid 60s but her partner is 76 has had cancer treatment and has early stage dementia.  He lives in a one room flat in the centre of Edinburgh and self-isolating will be really challanging for him.  My mother-in-law's attitude is basically that he wont' do it and she seems to be quite breezy about it.  It's hard to impress on her that it's actually serious and not just a load of rubbish.  I think in her case she is also extremely contrary about anything her daughter says to her.  I think it'll be a real struggle if we have to self-isolate and tell her not to come and visit etc.

The elderly are just not getting it all, told my geriatric mother that she might have to stay in the house (she couldn't figure out how this could be enforced),  then just laughed and said she'd had the Asian flu when she was small, and that she was immune/not giving a f**k.

Image result for morrissey gif

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I did try. Offered to stick a few quid in the charity tin next to the till, and they could avoid the ‘no button on the till for an adult eating those sausages that will be thrown out in about 56 minutes anyway’ problem. They weren’t for having any of it.

This is basically Ricky Gervais in After Life...

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not when I started scweaming and scweaming until I was sick. 🙂

You could have waited till the kids came in, took one quietly aside , gave them a fiver and asked if they liked sausage and if not could they...no, wait a minute, I think I've taken a wrong turning here.

Guest Moomintroll
I tried 'google jargon buster' to no avail.
Sorry, Stock Keeping Units, basically a product you sell & Out of Stock, basically fucking everything right now.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
19 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:
I tried 'google jargon buster' to no avail.

Sorry, Stock Keeping Units, basically a product you sell & Out of Stock, basically fucking everything right now.

Ta.   (sorry, Thanks)

"Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today."

Edited by cyderspaceman