Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest bernardblack
No they're not because there are plenty of actual supermarkets with an online order and delivery. The majority of people under quarantine also have family and friends who can drop off supplies - I've even seen local butchers etc. expanding their delivery service to cover milk etc. to cover those exact groups. Anyone who thinks that Amazon can supply a similar range of grocery needs in the UK is going to be sorely disappointed.
Thanks for playing anyway you permaraging melt.

Have you tried ordering online? Most supermarkets are looking at April dates.

Assuming most people have someone to drop off supplies is a wild exaggeration too.

Guest Moomintroll

Assuming most people have someone to drop off supplies is a wild exaggeration too.
Ocado have banned new registrations to protect their existing customer base. Morrisons scrambling to recruit 2500 extra drivers although god knows where they will find the vans for them to drive.

32 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Don't take this the wrong way Moony, but that's given me the best laugh of the day.  Chapeau, sir......😷

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it begins with smaller football clubs. Will the Premier League help them out ?..............

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/17/barnet-lay-off-all-non-playing-staff-coronavirus-national-league

Ooooh, that's a toughie...

8 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

It's at Raigmore. I usually get my bloods done at my local health centre a couple days before but with all this going on an appointment for that never came and I didn't bother chasing it up. 

Have you got Doctor Soh? Supposed to meet him Wednesday week at Raigmore following bloods at local clinic, possible appointment on Thursday with the nurses, and chemo on Friday. Hoping they cut down the appointments or do them by phone where possible.

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I see all care homes in Scotland are now under lock down with only essential visits allowed until further notice, I was unaware of this.

Brutal but necessary. My grandad is in the late stages of dementia and nearly died at the beginning of the year. Corona would be the end of him for sure. Just wish I could pop in and give him a hug which could so easily be the last. Can't even begin to imagine what my old man is going through.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

Brutal but necessary

Agree. Can only imagine the distress of the residents. Hats off to the staff. This will be be adding even more pressure on to the work they do. When things get back to "normal" I think I'll be taking cakes in for the staff where my mum is, as a thank you.

33 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
Supermarkets have the power to limit the number of items people can buy, they haven't bothered their arse. Why would anyone listen to a flimsy wee letter from Mr Tesco when their checkout staff are happy to wring through 82 bog rolls for them?

It's a good question but there a few reasons, a proportion of selfish arseholes will become violent so staff need protecting, selfish arseholes will pay no attention to any signs which will cause even more holdups & flashpoints at the tills, then other selfish arseholes will plunder their trollies, wahey more violence! Unfortunately some if it also comes down to good old competition, if we don't sell them it then Mr Asda down the road will & there is no way you will get every Supermarket to agree limits on the affected products especially when there are so many being panic bought.

It's a terrible question. 

Check out workers can't screen people for the size of their household. And the issue isn't the very few big buyers it's everyone buying a wee bit more.

12 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Maybe if people like you weren't in them panic buying all the time then they'd be better equipped right now; when the general idiocy wears off then stocks will be replenished soon enough. There are still plenty of local stores that would welcome the custom of people who can't get out the door right now.

It really isn't. Most people within the highly vulnerable groups being advised to stay indoors right now have got next of kin. They also have other family members and friends. It's really not a big ask for supplies to be dropped off to them by those contacts. The rest of the community and local businesses certainly need to do their bit in looking out for ones who don't have those forms of aid but there's nothing to suggest that this isn't already happening.

The idea that its people in quarantine who are firing up the laptop instead and causing Amazon to demand overtime right now is ridiculous. It's quite simply the physical panic buying of morons at the weekend moving to online suppliers as well.

Edited by vikingTON

20 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Friend in the army says they're getting told they might get sent in ones and twos to mind supermarkets which isn't at all chilling.

They'll never get their tank through the front door.

Guest bernardblack
'We will do whatever it takes..............'
'We understand..............'
'A potential support package for airlines........'
c**t.

I didn’t hate his speech until he mentioned the airlines

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I wish c***s like Sunak would get shot for using phrases like 'I know that..............' 

They know f**k all.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

'We will do whatever it takes..............'

'We understand..............'

'A potential support package for airlines........'

c**t.

I hear your criticism, and I'm taking that on board.