Coronavirus (COVID-19)

38 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Looking at the stats, and when you read about the 'Spanish' flu of 1918, which killed 50-100 million around the world, it's hard not to draw parallels.

The Flu that Killed 50 Million that is currently on iPlayer (released in 2018) has an interesting final 3 mins in which they say that a killer flu is our greatest risk and that "a worst case modern pandemic is estimated to be 1%".  

They also say some things about dealing with a (then) future event that make it rather difficult not to watch and go: 

tenor.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've seen this reported a few times by people who have had the virus. They get the symptoms, make a very quick recovery over a day or two then it seems to come back with a vengeance.

I wouldnt say it was gone this morning but I felt a bit more normal and now Inprobably feel worse than yesterday. Worst bit is the muscle aches. The bottom of my back making me constantly shift about trying to get comfy.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Why? There’s absolutely no reason to. There is a “rational, controlled behaviour” mode which sits somewhere in the middle, and which we are all being expected to practice now.

All that has happened in the last ten days is that certain leisure pursuits have been put on the back burner for a while.

Nobody should be “shitting bricks” at this point.

Tell that to folk in Italy

I wouldnt say it was gone this morning but I felt a bit more normal and now Inprobably feel worse than yesterday. Worst bit is the muscle aches. The bottom of my back making me constantly shift about trying to get comfy.
Hope you get better soon bud

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Mayhem at the tills: Tesco supermarket is forced to shut after dozens of panic-buyers ignore 'NHS hour' and strip shelves bare once more amid fears they will miss out

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8139509/Mothers-Day-mayhem-hundreds-panic-buyers-flock-supermarkets.html

People just are not taking a telling.

The government has to help here, and most likely they're already discussing this issue.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Old Man Danger will be along soon to tell us that means one post every 36 hours by Wednesday. 

One post every 36 hours by Wednesday.

ETA by my calculations.

Edited by Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Something like that means a substantial number of us wouldn't identify as being British

Sadly it's the phsyche of many, where the only thing that will get through to them is when they see a loved one on a ventilator.

Edited by Terry Singh

1 minute ago, MuckleMoo said:
3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
People just are not taking a telling.
The government has to help here, and most likely they're already discussing this issue.

Hope so. I fucking hate people

Yup. People are a horrendous disgraceful load of insects.

4 minutes ago, Terry Singh said:

Sadly it's the phsyche of many, where the only thing that will get through to them is when they see a loved on a ventilator.

Sadly, some will refuse to take this seriously until they themselves are on ventilators. Ventilators they deserve to be deprived of.