Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Should have just done UBI, the number of folk applying for UC because their employers can't/won't furlough is nuts.

I guess the idea was to try and avoid mass unemployment, and protect employees, by offering employers an alternative to emptying all their staff, before re-hiring them on no doubt less favourable terms later, including removing all years of service

I guess the idea was to try and avoid mass unemployment, and protect employees, by offering employers an alternative to emptying all their staff, before re-hiring them on no doubt less favourable terms later, including removing all years of service

It’s about the least conservative policy the Conservatives have ever enacted, to be fair. The number of unscrupulous employers has been quite an eye opener.

11 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The banks have been told to get their arse in gear for this eventuality. My experience is that the banks are doing a not bad job with this, to be fair.

I assume they're not expected to be suicidal though?  No lending to non-going concerns.

49 minutes ago, Gaz said:

What if the business hasn't got the cash reserves to pay up front?

Any business that doesn’t have sufficient cash to carry on for a month or two is probably in trouble anyway.

I'm sorry if you feel that way.

What a load of shit, a total non answer.
If anyone says that phrase you know they are not genuinely apologising. In fact she is basically saying you are wrong. Out of all the Tories in the current cabinet in my opinion Priti Patel is by far the worse and most dangerous one about. She is a smirking wee cow and has contempt for every person daring to ask her a difficult question.

As per YouTube video above she also wants capital punishment brought back and doesn't care if innocent people die. Much like her Governments handling of the Coronavirus which is being praised by most UK media outlets!!

I assume they're not expected to be suicidal though?  No lending to non-going concerns.

No idea exactly what is happening, but I assume there will be a serious loosening of the banks’ reserve requirements, meaning they will be able to take on the inevitable riskier loans without having to cover as much with actual ‘money in the bank’. That’s the thing that keeps them in check normally.

4 minutes ago, Shannon said:

If anyone says that phrase you know they are not genuinely apologising. In fact she is basically saying you are wrong. Out of all the Tories in the current cabinet in my opinion Priti Patel is by far the worse and most dangerous one about. She is a smirking wee cow and has contempt for every person daring to ask her a difficult question.

As per YouTube video above she also wants capital punishment brought back and doesn't care if innocent people die. Much like her Governments handling of the Coronavirus which is being praised by most UK media outlets!!

She should be in jail.

6 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

Here we go,  Torie's mask slipping . Out clapping NHS staff at night, next day cant wait to blame the lack of PPE on them for using too much or not properly. Absolute c***s

Who is Torie?

4 hours ago, SoapMactavish said:

Sadly its probably another 2 weeks till we hit the peak. Then its going to be a while up there until things start to come down hopefully.

Far too many fuckwits out in the sun today though 😒

This weekend's idiocy will push the peak back further.

4 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Steven Powers - If you have symptoms of a heart attack and are worried. 

Naw I'm naw worried, just a heart attack back to the afternoon matinee.

This guy is one of the lead scientific minds leading us through this shitshow.

AHM SICK OF EXPERTS!

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

What if the business hasn't got the cash reserves to pay up front?

I'm sure I read that the government will start paying out on the furlough scheme at the end of this month.