Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Nah it's even better than that if they missiles are in our submarines they belong to us as soon as they are fired they belong to a private company so need their permission to fire
I know this is said a lot, but I find it mega hard to believe that theres any actual "permission" needs to be sought.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
8 minutes ago, 101 said:
Nah it's even better than that if they missiles are in our submarines they belong to us as soon as they are fired they belong to a private company so need their permission to fire

I know this is said a lot, but I find it mega hard to believe that theres any actual "permission" needs to be sought.

Depends if you want it to fly in the right direction or not

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2017/01/23/uk-leader-keeps-quiet-over-failed-nuclear-missile-test-off-florida-coast.html

13 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It’s really quite amazing that some people don’t seem to care about catching a deadly virus. 500 notices issued? Clearly people do need things spelt out to them.

It doesn’t really surprise me with a case like this. If people don’t see a danger or feel at risk there will be vast numbers not taking it seriously and on top of that a good number of people are incredibly stupid and incredibly selfish. 

I’m in favour of tougher enforcement laws at this time and it’s all because of a few morons ruining it for the rest of us.

1 minute ago, expatowner said:

New Zealand is now up to 4 deaths. For a population of 4.5 million.
Two seventy year olds, one eighty year old and a ninety year old. Three of them had underlying health issues.

Two from the same care home as well.

If only another island nation had done proactive lockdown measures instead of wasting weeks chasing some ridiculous herd immunity idea

Was speaking with a friend from New Zealand yesterday, even at this stage they still have police out doing road blocks to ensure people are staying close to home

If only another island nation had done proactive lockdown measures instead of wasting weeks chasing some ridiculous herd immunity idea

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, 101 said:

You've got to bear in mind that the UK nuclear response is built to be a guaranteed 2nd strike, not a flexible first strike system like the US. In the event that it is fired, it's because there will shortly be no one in the UK to ask permission, nor anyone in the US to grant it.

Practically, there is no means of the US stopping it firing, short of finding and sinking the submarine.

Edited by renton

57 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

You do know lockdown is Sturgeon’s call don’t you? It’s a stunning dereliction of duty from the Scottish Government if she felt that lockdown should have been earlier but bottled it and sheepishly followed Westminsters lead. An enquiry should be held.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You do know lockdown is Sturgeon’s call don’t you? It’s a stunning dereliction of duty from the Scottish Government if she felt that lockdown should have been earlier but bottled it and sheepishly followed Westminsters lead. An enquiry should be held.

1k deaths yesterday, media still bleating on about how good "boris'" spirits are. BBC also talking about the herculean effort going on to ensure enough PPE and the right types is available to whomever needs it. 

When Italy was going through the worst of it, it was all over our papers and TV news about how much of a tragedy it was. Its barely mentioned here, and the main focus is either Johnston or when we're coming out of lockdown. Really doing my fucking tits in being honest. 

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

1k deaths yesterday, media still bleating on about how good "boris'" spirits are. BBC also talking about the herculean effort going on to ensure enough PPE and the right types is available to whomever needs it. 

When Italy was going through the worst of it, it was all over our papers and TV news about how much of a tragedy it was. Its barely mentioned here, and the main focus is either Johnston or when we're coming out of lockdown. Really doing my fucking tits in being honest. 

yeah - but...

this thread down to fourth at the time of posting - never seen it so low - surely must mean something - can we have a graph ?

image.png.64489968cd72702977196d651d674b0e.png

5 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

epic fail GIF

epic fail GIF

epic fail GIF

1 minute ago, Herman Hessian said:

yeah - but...

this thread down to fourth at the time of posting - never seen it so low - surely must mean something - can we have a graph ?

image.png.64489968cd72702977196d651d674b0e.png

If we could get the virus in to the word association thread users I doubt we'd be losing a potential vaccine.

21 minutes ago, renton said:

You've got to bear in mind that the UK nuclear response is built to be a guaranteed 2nd strike, not a flexible first strike system like the US. In the event that it is fired, it's because there will shortly be no one in the UK to ask permission, nor anyone in the US to grant it.

Practically, there is no means of the US stopping it firing, short of finding and sinking the submarine.

Also I presume if we have contracted out this then some private company have to have a nuclear bunker and staff there to operate it.

How far are we off topic now btw 😁

10 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Yeah, folk have died and are still dying due to a mixture of years of austerity and ongoing government ineptitude but the MSM are still unwilling to do their job.

12 minutes ago, madwullie said:

The prime minister being in intensive care and Dominiv Raab running the country is obviously going to be newsworthy. 

Coming out of lockdown is again obviously important to people but it really does look like the government hasn't a clue and is winging it.

19 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Before long the Italian media will be full of stories of the horrors taking place in the UK. 

I suppose UK and Scottish government's might point to the fact the NHS hasn't been overwhelmed.