Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Having spent a load more time in the house than normal and watching shit on TV, I’ve had my fill of so called “Celebrities” whoring themselves on every other programme, with some stupid dance or idea that has no amusement or entertainment value to it what so ever. They are all shit scared that if they aren’t seen to be active doing some shit or other, everyone will have forgotten about them in 6/9 months time. The presenters of the same programmes are just as bad, lapping up and encouraging them. 

20 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Having spent a load more time in the house than normal and watching shit on TV, I’ve had my fill of so called “Celebrities” whoring themselves on every other programme, with some stupid dance or idea that has no amusement or entertainment value to it what so ever. They are all shit scared that if they aren’t seen to be active doing some shit or other, everyone will have forgotten about them in 6/9 months time. The presenters of the same programmes are just as bad, lapping up and encouraging them. 

Personally I would like to see our screens filled with medical staff, supermarket workers, etc, once all this is over. You could have an X Factor style show with judges voting on who performed the best surgery live on stage or a game show with shelf stackers competing against each other to see who's the quickest at stock rotation. I think it's what the nation wants. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

As a member of the general public and not a healthcare worker in an ICU, I have absolutely no need for effective PPE. All I need is a face covering that comes with the added benefit of turning bog-standard polluted air into a fresh Alpine breeze.

Thanks for playing anyway though.

The added benefit, of course, is it will cover those heroin riddled teeth of yours. 

5 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

As well as the normal very loud fireworks, we had air horns tonight. It sounded like the Dukes of Hazzard out there. Dogs were going mental for ages afterwards. Not a fan of this Thursday 8pm thing at all, however well intentioned it may be.

Absolute minter. It became clear pretty early on that it was going to become a battle for who could make the most noise then post videos of themselves online caring most. Obviously the more noise you make, the more you care. 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Absolute minter. It became clear pretty early on that it was going to become a battle for who could make the most noise then post videos of themselves online caring most. Obviously the more noise you make, the more you care. 

I do think it has it's benefits, I'm not a heartless b*****d. It's good to see the kids out at least thinking they are contributing and getting involved. But the fireworks c***s just ruin it for the majority. As you say, they obviously care more than everyone else.

Just now, eez-eh said:

Surely after last week the emergency services shouldn’t be congregating for the clapping anyway? All it does is encourage the morons to join in.

One of the nurses I know from Ayr Hospital posted a video of the clap last week and got absolutely slaughtered for how social distancing was lacking! 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I watched the 10 o clock news on STV, is that Robert Peston always like that? Was he drunk? Is he a bit mentally handicapped? It was annoying to watch and listen to him 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

4 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The ultimate level of caring is an ex-army guy saluting the NHS with a Union Jack flying behind him, wearing a poppy and a single tear running down his face.

No one will ever beat that level of caring.

Did this actually happen or are you saying this would be the ultimate level of caring? Either way, if he also rattled pots and pans while firing a rocket firework out of his arse then that would be unbeatable IMO.

Edited by Dee Man