Coronavirus (COVID-19)

47 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Having mayonnaise with chips shows you are open to ideas and not set in your ways, unlike these ketchup only types. Don't have chips that often but when I do I use a rotational process in choosing which condiment I use, Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Jerk BBQ sauce is a top choice.

Mods  "please"

48 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Having mayonnaise with chips shows you are open to ideas and not set in your ways, unlike these ketchup only types. Don't have chips that often but when I do I use a rotational process in choosing which condiment I use, Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Jerk BBQ sauce is a top choice.

I find ketchup about the worst option. I tend to go for a mix of encona chilli and bbq, with a side of garlic mayo for dipping 

32 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The family of chav-vermin-got-lucky that live next door to me are the same. Letting their 3 boys out with their pals everyday, and they (the parents) been having their pals over in the back garden sat on chairs right next to each other. 

I’ve been itching to go fishing. That’s a fucking stupid rule, especially if you were to have somewhere to fish 5 minutes from home.

We've got a neighbour like that too, the past week or so folk have been coming round, in the garden with their kids & theirs.

Dafty sister driving around every day hooting the car horn & throwing sweets at their kids :1eye

They simply cannot sit on their arses for 5 minutes. Reading a fucking book or home schooling their kids is beyond these minters.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Good shout auld yin, open the pubs for this weekend only also.

I could do my job as a football secretary on Saturday, go to the pub at night, maybe travel up North on Sunday then go back to work Monday.

Weekend sorted.

Chuck in 9 holes at the pitch and putt and you've described The Pozbaird Lockdown Routine.

59 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fishing is currently not on the government's list of things you can do, they don't want people travelling to fish. 

We'll just have wait it out.

The lochs around me have quite a few out fishing but they are out the way of one another.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

The lochs around me have quite a few out fishing but they are out the way of one another.

I've only seen one person fishing since this kicked off and that was at the ballast bank at Troon, the clubs and fisheries aren't open.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Theres quite a number of folks going about coughing on people saying ‘ive got corona’ and causing people worry, hearing about it happening to members of the public and to police officers.

Some people are just scum I guess. I do despair sometimes :( 

53 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Agree with this.  At this stage, the slightest hint of a specific date for lockdown ending will see it flouted all over the place. For now, it's about managing expectations and keeping as many people indoors for the immediate future.

They should announce the lockdown is going to continue for another 6 weeks, then start easing off in 4.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Are we over reacting with a lockdown, social distancing etc when this sort of thing really happened? -

I was at Old Traford in 1975, When it was announced that a telephone warning had been received from the IRA.
A bomb had been planted in the Stretford End.
The announcer told us that anyone wishing to leave could do so, The gates were open, Nobody moved and the game carried on to a huge chant of ‘We’re gonna get our fuckin’ heads blown off’.

Sterner stuff or stupid?

Depends what stand they were in.

Edited by welshbairn

As if Thursdays couldn’t get cringe enough, tonight we have the “Big night in” on BBC with so called comedians and what I imagine to be a lot of patronising and lovvie behaviour. Then any 8 we have the clap. I also saw people want folk to clap and sing Happy Birthday to the old guy at 8.05. Just naw 

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Are we over reacting with a lockdown, social distancing etc when this sort of thing really happened? -

I was at Old Traford in 1975, When it was announced that a telephone warning had been received from the IRA.
A bomb had been planted in the Stretford End.
The announcer told us that anyone wishing to leave could do so, The gates were open, Nobody moved and the game carried on to a huge chant of ‘We’re gonna get our fuckin’ heads blown off’.

Sterner stuff or stupid?

EVtd_FZXsAUmd2p.jpeg.jpg.082b43ffdf82d932e0fce032af07f646.jpg