Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This thread is getting boring.

I suggest we lift the lockdown tomorrow and all just take our chances.

We could restart the football on Saturday.

Brave suggestion from the high risk group

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I doubt there will be many complaints on here when I say anyone who spits at another should be continually tazed until they piss themselves then tazed again for good measure.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-52396748

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-52365151

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-52254259

Has anyone on here been spat on?

What the f**k is wrong with people? How do people end up like that? That's just vile :( 

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

We trialled the social distancing at Largs for the fortnight prior to the lockdown being announced and it worked perfectly.

1. Only people with a pre - booked time could play

2. Clubhouse was closed so change in the car park (away from people) or in your car.

3. Pins removed from the practice putting green and putt with pins left in on the big greens.

4. All ball washers removed from the course and hand sanitiser positioned strategically around the course.

5. pick the ball up using your gloved hand.

6. Social distancing to be adhered to at all times on the course (as it is under normal circumstances anyway, due to the nature of the game)

7. No scorecards

Basically all common sense and little to no risk of coming into contact with anyone else.

There's Golf courses lying empty all over the place and in Scotland most are open to all, so even those who wanted to take the game up, there would be ample opportunity and the clubs themselves would be overjoyed about this since Golf is a sport in serious decline.

Ultimately people are allowed to cycle, walk, fish etc so as far as I'm concerned there's no real rationale for having Golf courses remaining closed.

Aye, but it's golf!

48 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Wtaf 

20200423_161754.jpg

The same repetitive questions asked in faux aggression is exactly what politicians want. It's the unexpected they don't like. Fat chance of that at one of these.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Ultimately people are allowed to cycle, walk, fish etc so as far as I'm concerned there's no real rationale for having Golf courses remaining closed.

Fishing is currently not on the government's list of things you can do, they don't want people travelling to fish. 

We'll just have wait it out.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Fishing is currently not on the government's list of things you can do, they don't want people travelling to fish. 

We'll just have wait it out.

Fishing is the preserve of the lonely alcoholic, no offence. The fishers I see are a bit grubby and laden with cans and Buckfast, but never fish.

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Having mayonnaise with chips shows you are open to ideas and not set in your ways, unlike these ketchup only types. Don't have chips that often but when I do I use a rotational process in choosing which condiment I use, Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Jerk BBQ sauce is a top choice.

You really should be mixing your sauces/oil/vinegar and making your own flavours. 

I know it's far from important really, but....

I skimmed through the Scottish Government document earlier, which did touch on pubs. Like everything else in it (understandably so at this particular juncture) it was a bit airy fairy and said very little, but does anyone think pubs could be open in, say, a few months? 

If the thinking is that schools can open with social distancing in mind (seemingly via pupils being part time), then I wonder if pubs / restaurants could open in the first instance in a similar fashion? ( i.e. by restricting numbers allowed in quite heavily)

(PS I'm not suggesting pubs should open when the schools open, not am I suggesting pubs are more important than schools)

I skimmed through the Scottish Government document earlier, which did touch on pubs. Like everything else in it (understandably so at this particular juncture) it was a bit airy fairy and said very little, but does anyone think pubs could be open in, say, a few months? 
If the thinking is that schools can open with social distancing in mind (seemingly via pupils being part time), then I wonder if pubs / restaurants could open in the first instance in a similar fashion? ( i.e. by restricting numbers allowed in quite heavily)
(PS I'm not suggesting pubs should open when the schools open, not am I suggesting pubs are more important than schools)

It’s quite evident to me they’re talking worst case scenario. If festivals and football are cancelled until say August, I’d read that as when pubs will be allowed back. You simply can’t have 10,000 packed into a football ground then not allow 30 into a local pub at the same time.

Theres no way they should open pubs, recipe for disaster.