Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just saw that a woman who died in California on Feb 6th was confirmed to have coronavirus. The first “official” US death from it was Feb 29th. Not beyond the realms of possibility to accept it was in the UK and killing people way before the first official death. 

When you consider that the virus seemingly takes four weeks from catching it, to eventually killing someone, therefore it most probably was in USA in January, so every chance it's been prevalent in the UK since, maybe even early February

5 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I'd take data analysis over feelings any day of the week.

Care Homes don't specifically deal with terminal cases. That's more hospices or home palliative care.

My stats appear conflicting to yours, so who's are correct ?

Is it a Government conspiracy that Bupa are also in on ?

Do we honestly believe that everyone who's died over 75 (accounting for over 80% of the total deaths) would all have lived for at least another 10 years ?

I don't and no amount of facts and figures will convince me otherwise.

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just saw that a woman who died in California on Feb 6th was confirmed to have coronavirus. The first “official” US death from it was Feb 29th. Not beyond the realms of possibility to accept it was in the UK and killing people way before the first official death. 

We already know there were deaths here before March 5th,the ONS' own data carried 3 deaths onto the beginning of their tables, it's been mentioned in here on numerous occasions. 

Edited by ayrmad

2 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
18 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
120 covid deaths here in Ayrshire. 20 from one care home emoji51.png

Was that the one in Prestwick?

Yeah it is

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

When you consider that the virus seemingly takes four weeks from catching it, to eventually killing someone, therefore it most probably was in USA in January, so every chance it's been prevalent in the UK since, maybe even early February

Definitely. Especially when you factor in people travelling from China over Christmas and New Year and coming to/or back to the UK in Jan 

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My stats appear conflicting to yours, so who's are correct ?

Is it a Government conspiracy that Bupa are also in on ?

Do we honestly believe that everyone who's died over 75 (accounting for over 80% of the total deaths) would all have lived for at least another 10 years ?

I don't and no amount of facts and figures will convince me otherwise.

I've no idea how long folk would have lived but 93% having no serious comorbidity certainly doesn't fit with the narrative we've been spun over the last 5 or 6 weeks. 

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I read there was two deaths, both in Santa Clara, California well before the supposed first death. The one on the 6th and another on the 17th.

I'm not convinced people are any more stupid or selfish than they were in the past. I'm in my fifties and I remember how utterly shite a lot of people were when I was young.
They weren't any less stupid, f**k no. Arguably we're more intelligent, in a balanced sort of way - but we know less shit off by heart so old folk think young folk are stupid. But that's a whole other thing.

Technology and modern life has made us more reliant and less resilient, as a society.

Remember power cuts used to be a thing that happened regularly? Now they never do.

It's a natural thing.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Plural of anecdote not being data and all but most of the meltdowns at being told not to do unnecessary things in this thread have come from over 50s. It took a couple of weeks of daily phonecalls from me and my siblings to get my over 70s parents to take it seriously.

We had a breakdown call out last week.

76yo with breathing difficulties who drove from Scone to Perth so he could buy his paper and rolls from Tesco rather than the shop 5 minutes walk from him, because he fell out with the shop owner a few years ago...

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We had a breakdown call out last week.

76yo with breathing difficulties who drove from Scone to Perth so he could buy his paper and rolls from Tesco rather than the shop 5 minutes walk from him, because he fell out with the shop owner a few years ago...

At least he has some form of integrity and principle 😬

40 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Regardless of the utter disdain many zoomers hold for her, it's hard to deny Nicola Sturgeon is infinitely better at providing these updates than anyone on the front benches of the UK government. 

It's because you can't trust a word the UK govt puppets say because they're constantly changing their story and being vague as f**k / evasive about what they're asked. At least she seems to be pretty honest and up front and will (mostly) answer the questions she's asked. 

Dont expect c***s like philyerboots to agree with that mind you

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

They weren't any less stupid, f**k no. Arguably we're more intelligent, in a balanced sort of way - but we know less shit off by heart so old folk think young folk are stupid. But that's a whole other thing.

Technology and modern life has made us more reliant and less resilient, as a society.

Remember power cuts used to be a thing that happened regularly? Now they never do.

It's a natural thing.

No, I don't. Unless you mean during the early seventies in particular.  There was a reason for that.

Update on the old dear - She's been put down on the list for today's tests but they will come to her rather than her going to a drive through facility since she has no way of getting there on her own. (Didn't realise that this was even a possibility)