Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I know it's far from important really, but....

I skimmed through the Scottish Government document earlier, which did touch on pubs. Like everything else in it (understandably so at this particular juncture) it was a bit airy fairy and said very little, but does anyone think pubs could be open in, say, a few months? 

If the thinking is that schools can open with social distancing in mind (seemingly via pupils being part time), then I wonder if pubs / restaurants could open in the first instance in a similar fashion? ( i.e. by restricting numbers allowed in quite heavily)

(PS I'm not suggesting pubs should open when the schools open, not am I suggesting pubs are more important than schools)

Aye, what could possibly go wrong. People will queue in an orderly fashion for a one in one out system at a pub.

8 minutes ago, Steven W said:

I know it's far from important really, but....

I skimmed through the Scottish Government document earlier, which did touch on pubs. Like everything else in it (understandably so at this particular juncture) it was a bit airy fairy and said very little, but does anyone think pubs could be open in, say, a few months? 

If the thinking is that schools can open with social distancing in mind (seemingly via pupils being part time), then I wonder if pubs / restaurants could open in the first instance in a similar fashion? ( i.e. by restricting numbers allowed in quite heavily)

(PS I'm not suggesting pubs should open when the schools open, not am I suggesting pubs are more important than schools)

The obvious solution is to bring in drinking in schools.

8 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

The family of chav-vermin-got-lucky that live next door to me are the same. Letting their 3 boys out with their pals everyday, and they (the parents) been having their pals over in the back garden sat on chairs right next to each other. 

I’ve been itching to go fishing. That’s a fucking stupid rule, especially if you were to have somewhere to fish 5 minutes from home.

I've cleaned my lines a few times,  tied some flies and ordered some new materials today.

Had planned on going up to the Uists and benbecula for a few weeks in late may, not happening now.  Up there was just made for fishing. 

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

It’s quite evident to me they’re talking worst case scenario. 

Agree with this.  At this stage, the slightest hint of a specific date for lockdown ending will see it flouted all over the place. For now, it's about managing expectations and keeping as many people indoors for the immediate future.

48 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This thread is getting boring.

I suggest we lift the lockdown tomorrow and all just take our chances.

We could restart the football on Saturday.

Second last game of the season. Just in time!

30 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Having mayonnaise with chips shows you are open to ideas and not set in your ways, unlike these ketchup only types. Don't have chips that often but when I do I use a rotational process in choosing which condiment I use, Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Jerk BBQ sauce is a top choice.

The correct answer is 'no sauce'.

A dash of salt perhaps, but that's it.

Agree with this.  At this stage, the slightest hint of a specific date for lockdown ending will see it flouted all over the place. For now, it's about managing expectations and keeping as many people indoors for the immediate future.

If they also said they were reopening from 1st June and then had to delay it, there’d be massive scrutiny from the media. Not worth the trouble for them.

Got nothing to do with me addressing the fact Oaksoft is talking shite yet again. You can bet your boots if everyone on the dole was a net benefit to a Tory government that's exactly what they'd do.  
Sent from my Moto G (4) using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I thought oaksoft's post was fairly balanced. The chancellor had other options and didn't pick the worst, in terms of impact on ordinary folk.

Madwullie is off course right, in that they are working on self interest.

But let's not pretend politicians of other colours do any different. Politicians do things that are going to be popular with voters. Some more than others, granted, but still.

I despise tory ideology but some folk let their hated colour everything they post about politics.

Guest JTS98

That's Malaysia added another two weeks to the lockdown.

In the hoose until at least May 12th now. That'll be us at 8 weeks at that point.

42 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Idiots everywhere.

That was the first time I've done a big shop in lockdown, judging by the folk stoating round the shops people there ought to be a hell of a lot more people unable to vote

47 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

You’ve heard the saying the ‘good die young’?  I’m working on the basis that it’s true and I’ll be OK.

Sounds reasonable