Coronavirus (COVID-19)

You sometimes wonder who poses the most risk to you when you are out and about. Is it the folk who just blunder on regardless with little heed to social distancing etc, or the fuckwits who think they are doing all the right things but are doing them badly.

E.g. the clownboot I saw in Tesco this morning wearing a surgical mask, but the fact it was only covering his mouth and not his nose renders it practically useless.

Not much in terms of new information but Boris was looking and speaking well considering he’d been in intensive care.

A bitter moment for Melanius and his fellow extreme Nats who were hoping they’d be watching his funeral. Chin up. 

My pal who works in ICU in Paidley says the NHS is coping fine, some hospitals got to capacity a couple of weeks ago but there was capacity elsewhere, now it's not an issue unless a big second wave hits.

The Scottish Government seem to be doing a reasonable job in terms of support for the vulnerable throughout this, although the picture could be different in the front line.

Social distancing remains a joke though, they should put signs on lampposts and start fining people to make an example. Way too many people just not giving a shit about passing very close despite me being as far away as possible in a path/pavement. There's been a significant increase in bams on bikes on pavements as well, infuriating when the roads are practically empty.

Hey, we have  270 active cases.
We have been in the game since 13th Jan with only 52 deaths to note.
Booze has been banned since 10th April.
Schools have been cancelled until 1st July. 
Unemployment is at 28 million, who claimed a handout of ฿5000. (69m population). Only about 2 million have been granted so far.
Zero tolerance curfew between 10pm - 4am
Banning of all booze sales
Health budget last week was cut by ฿2.4 billion
New Year 'Songkhran' was cancelled
People giving out free food to the hungry are getting arrested
No inter province travel unless a must (road blocks everywhere)
and to top it off my province Singburi which has about 250,000 population has had ZERO cases.
Booze fucking ban!!!!

Quite a few places mostly in the developing world have put in night time curfews. How have they figured the virus only spreads at night and we haven’t?

43 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Not much in terms of new information but Boris was looking and speaking well considering he’d been in intensive care.

A bitter moment for Melanius and his fellow extreme Nats who were hoping they’d be watching his funeral. Chin up. 

How many dead now m8?

I only really ever go a 1 hr circular walk around the streets beside me so wouldn't really notice if people began congregating in parks, traffic massively increasing etc.

There does seem anecdotal and data from location services and the like that more people are out and about. I think the quicker the government set out a plan for what restrictions will be relaxed and in what order potentially with rough dates (like Italy and possibly Belgium?) then it gives people a target to aim for.  If you're all good, here's your reward. 

55 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

As long as he's looking well. After all, why would we expect leadership and information ? It's not as if we're in lockdown with a world pandemic on the go. Oh, wait.

Boris is more of a boost to the Indy movement alive, that way he can continue to speak his usual drivel!

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Fund our NHS

Hang the paedos.

The true centerism of British politics.

Hanging the paedos is a great idea.  The Tories would no longer have a majority at Westminster.