Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id rather spend 4 more weeks as is and get to the second stage of lock down a bit quicker

Tbh so would I, but if that is the plan then share it. I seriously doubt it is.

The constant unwavering message of "Stay at Home, Save Lives" is wearing thin.

People want to know what her plan is. The constant refusal to discuss any details whatsoever gives the impression that she doesn't have one.

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The WHO telling us to prepare for a Second wave. Did we prepare for a first wave? They told everyone at the beginning that the virus wasn't transmissible from person to person.

No they didn't, they said there was no evidence of it, before there was.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tbh so would I, but if that is the plan then share it.

The constant unwavering message of "Stay at Home, Save Lives" is wearing thin.

People want to know what her plan is. The constant refusal to discuss any details whatsoever gives the impression that she doesn't have one.

In a cunning reversal of the usual approach, Scotland is using its neighbour as a guinea pig. 

NS predictably backtracking on her commitment to consider easing restrictions following another fall in weekly death. No plan. No change. Stay at Home.

In no doubt she has our "continued understanding"

I'm afraid not. Deliver the adult conversation promised. Starting to lose patience with the SNP tbh

You must have been watching a different briefing to me. I clearly heard "we can't stay like this forever, we need to return to normality and she will announce a way to relaxing some measures early next week". Last week she said Sunday so we are near enough as she said (probably a day or two out). Will be 1 week behind BJ in reality. It will be as England minus the return to work and school and unlimited travel I expect. Golf, fishing, tennis, bowls maybe and recycling centres plus garden centres is my bet. Best not to announce any relaxing with a run in time nor on the eve of a weekend, just makes it harder work for the emergency services.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Best not to announce any relaxing with a run in time nor on the eve of a weekend, just makes it harder work for the emergency services.

That's a good point tbf. 

The WHO telling us to prepare for a Second wave. Did we prepare for a first wave? They told everyone at the beginning that the virus wasn't transmissible from person to person.

Did they not also tell us that they hope to die before they get old!
I for one won’t get fooled again.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

NS predictably backtracking on her commitment to consider easing restrictions following another fall in weekly death.

No plan. No change. Stay at Home.

In no doubt she has our "continued understanding"

I'm afraid not. Deliver the adult conversation promised. Starting to lose patience with the SNP tbh

The lockdown is the antithesis of testing and tracking of the virus. The lack of tracking has been a huge failure.

Having an adult conversation is giving people the facts and allowing them to make their own choice whether they want to go back to normality.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The Telegraph reporting that a worse strain of Covid will happen this winter.

This is just the new "hottest summer ever"/"coldest winter ever" bilge that they resort to when sales are falling.

9 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

So, it's being reported that R is on the rise but Hancock has just said R has been brought down and they're looking at moving to level 3? emoji2371.png

I might be wrong on this, but isn't R always given as an estimate between an upper and lower limit?

Its perfectly plausible that the upper limit could be above 1 and the actual R  value drop.

Newspapers will always quote the upper limit as it's dramatic

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52677194

This article says care homes are behind the current rise.

I’ve asked the question on here very recently about just how much care home infections are skewing the R number.  The couple of posters who replied, and who offered quite detailed workings, showed that it had quite a small impact.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Looks like easing the lockdown restrictions this week was a great idea then.

More of a general point as this has been going on across multiple threads now but the R rate doesn't immediately track policies from a few days ago, what with the incubation period and time needed to test and confirm diagnosis. There is absolutely no point then in doing a running commentary on daily R numbers like it's the scores coming in on Soccer Saturday: particularly when the current margin of error makes it pretty much meaningless anyway. 

12 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

So, it's being reported that R is on the rise but Hancock has just said R has been brought down and they're looking at moving to level 3? emoji2371.png

Hancock doesn’t know his Rs from his elbow.