Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What gets me about all these mock ups for the bar of the future where you drink your pint in splendid isolation, and then leave without touching any surface, is what the hell is the point of a suppression strategy based on TTI if not to allow for normal life to continue with the knowledge that any outbreak will be aggressively shut down.

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

If there ever was a picture that summed up British people more than this, then I definitely do not want to see that picture. 

image.png.056e2f89ee9731ade792ddfe5d0ca9e8.png

Like a beautiful painting': image of New Year's mayhem in ...

1 minute ago, renton said:

What gets me about all these mock ups for the bar of the future where you drink your pint in splendid isolation, and then leave without touching any surface, is what the hell is the point of a suppression strategy based on TTI if not to allow for normal life to continue with the knowledge that any outbreak will be aggressively shut down.

The mock bar of the future is just a bullshit info piece that will give king gammon the official paperwork to re-open spoons for the drunken hoards to totally ignore when  getting hammered

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The mock bar of the future is just a bullshit info piece that will give king gammon the official paperwork to re-open spoons for the drunken hoards to totally ignore when  getting hammered

I actually saw the picture myself, but it was in a piece about Brewdog.

I think tbf no one is really going to complain if that is what pubs look like in July. It's if they still look that way in September it's farcical.

What do bars look like in other countries that are open? If not like this, why do we need to try to reinvent the wheel?

Edited by Todd_is_God

32 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know. Who doesnt add more tomato sauce once you get nearer the bottom of the pile of chips?

Most over 8's.

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I actually saw the picture myself, but it was in a piece about Brewdog.

I think tbf no one is really going to complain if that is what pubs look like in July. It's if they still look that way in September it's farcical.

What do bars look like in other countries that are open? If not like this, why do we need to try to reinvent the wheel?

Remember the talk was no pubs would be open in the UK before Nov 🙄 

Now just to get a plan in place for the football to return 

17 minutes ago, renton said:

Screens to protect the bar staff from extreme viral loading would do it for me. And the beer gardens reserved for smokers and the shielded.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Any idea what time NS will be delivering the “route out of lockdown”?

She’s already done it.  She said not to tell you though.

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Good news if it turns out to be true.

'But on Monday, London recorded no new infections, compared to 19 the day before.

However, the new figure could be down to a temporary glitch in the Covid-19 patient notification system on May 16.'

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/20/london-records-no-new-coronavirus-cases-24-hours-12733386/

Not only is it good news, but flies in the face of everyone saying that people cramming in to tube trains are about to die and kick off the second wave.

First comment. Silly me. Forgot 2020 was cancelled.

Screenshot_20200520-202442_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God