Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I wonder what it is that motivates VT to continually undermine any point he might have by insisting that the reason schools have been opened is because parents dont want to look after their children.

Almost reached the full blown parody levels of his other posting agendas with this child/parent shite.
It's not about not wanting to look after their children but because they need looked after while they are working.

This is about the economy more than anything.

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

Then why does she continue to post that Scotland and Northern Ireland are adopting a 'Zero Covid approach' and bemoaning that England and Wales are undermining it by not doing so? 

It is either policy or she is wrong. 

The FM is on record as saying she wants to drive infection rates to as low a level as possible I don't think anyone really thinks it will be 0 especially with an open border.

I think you are representing the professor's opinion as a policy decision when I think it's the opinion she has come to after reviewing the policies implemented by the SG. I don't believe we are taking a Zero Covid Approach as the fastest way to do that is the have a harsh and strict lockdown, close the border, strict quarantine for migrants. We have taken cautious steps to easing lockdown which will help keep infection rates low and hopefully in decline but I don't think our current position will deliver 0 community transmission, especially with school operating fairly normally.

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:
There is 1 review date (after this Thursday) before redundancies will start kicking in if things aren't opened.
They have paralysed themselves bothering about a harmless casedemic and left it too late.

Wasn't 14 September the last indicative opening date ? It's all mapped out just chill.

Yes. But not for everything still closed

3 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

We all know deep down that this isnt going away and its highly unlikely anything will change until next year. Will be shocked if crowds are allowed back to football before next march tbh.

What will make things change in March? The vaccine? the usual cold and flu season ending? I see no reason why 300 hundred folk couldn’t “socially distance” at a Stranraer home game for example. Silverburn was busy when I went a few weeks back, I see no difference between being indoors with strangers to being outdoors with them, yet one is allowed amen one isnt...until March..at the earliest 

Edited by Thereisalight..

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What will make things change in March? The vaccine? the usual cold and flu season ending? I see no reason why 300 hundred folk couldn’t “socially distance” at a Stranraer home game for example. Silverburn was busy when I went a few weeks back, I see no difference between being indoors with strangers to being outdoors with them, yet one is allowed amen one isnt...until March..at the earliest 

They're not just going to let the clubs with shit crowds open though are they. It's not like they'll have a cut off of avg attendance 500, well that's fine. Is it even possible to just open certain leagues? I'd have thought at very minimum, the champ down would all open at once. So it's not really aboyt how many c***s turn up to see Peterhead. Could easily be wrong about this mind, but I reckon certain clubs would have something to say if it was picked and chosen who was OK to reopen. 

9 minutes ago, madwullie said:

They're not just going to let the clubs with shit crowds open though are they. It's not like they'll have a cut off of avg attendance 500, well that's fine. Is it even possible to just open certain leagues? I'd have thought at very minimum, the champ down would all open at once. So it's not really aboyt how many c***s turn up to see Peterhead. Could easily be wrong about this mind, but I reckon certain clubs would have something to say if it was picked and chosen who was OK to reopen. 

Would Hearts be one of them by any chance?

25 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cold and flu season ending. Having thousands of people mix together in crowded areas in stadiums will be a disaster and when that’s combined with the normal cough and cold season will have a result of a bigger spike than before.

The entire north Italy issue was apparently caused by one football match. It’s not happening other than like you say some junior clubs or socially distanced at a minimum which will be shite.

Sridhar playing a blinder as cheerleader tonight, misrepresenting a case in Germany, obviously in the hope people would be too lazy to read the article themselves. Blocked of course, for pointing out there is no mandatory quarantine period for returning from Italy to Germany, and that the man was told he'd be contacted within 24 hours if positive, and the party was 48 hours later...

When you need to misrepresent events to push your point, to me that lowers your credibility, and the credibility of those who act on your advice.

No doubt Sturgeon will use this to again mention how dangerous parties and hospitality is though, and as a reason for not allowing small wedding receptions on Thursday.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just saw this too.

So fans at games at that level in England. Meanwhile our teams aren't even training.....

That's basically amateur football probably equivalent of our lesser Junior leagues. Some conditions attached too including test and trace contact details for every spectator and a named responsibility scheme.....Fans will need to abide by social distancing rules, and spectator groups must be restricted to "discrete six-person gathering limits".

Meanwhile, organisers of events that are likely to attract a crowd will need to put forward a "named person or persons with responsibility for ensuring adherence with these guidelines and ensuring the facility is Covid-19 secure".

They would also need to publish a risk assessment limiting the number of spectators, and assist with the NHS Test and Trace scheme by collecting information from spectators.

Incidentally why would any club below elite league in this country be training a full 2 months before their season begins, that's the longest pre season in history !

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's basically amateur football probably equivalent of our lesser Junior leagues. Some conditions attached too including test and trace contact details for every spectator and a named responsibility scheme.....Fans will need to abide by social distancing rules, and spectator groups must be restricted to "discrete six-person gathering limits".

Meanwhile, organisers of events that are likely to attract a crowd will need to put forward a "named person or persons with responsibility for ensuring adherence with these guidelines and ensuring the facility is Covid-19 secure".

They would also need to publish a risk assessment limiting the number of spectators, and assist with the NHS Test and Trace scheme by collecting information from spectators.

Incidentally why would any club below elite league in this country be training a full 2 months before their season begins, that's the longest pre season in history !

Hopefully something along these lines could be in the pipeline. This is Estonia and they have a similar infection rate to ourselves at the moment.

Sports competitions

Hence July 15, sports competitions have allowed to be held with spectators, provided that the dispersion requirement is observed. The organisers must comply with the venue's max. 50% spectator capacity requirement, and no more than 1500 persons may take part of an indoor event. It is allowed to organise a sports competition outdoors with up to 2000 participants, if the same rules are followed. NB! The total number of participants includes athletes, spectators, organisers and other relevant staff.

The Italy tripadvisor forum thread on Coronavirus makes grim reading. Loads of know-it-all Todd type posters in late February/ early March giving it large, before disappearing into the ether as the virus wrecked havoc on the health service. 

24 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's basically amateur football probably equivalent of our lesser Junior leagues. 

No it isn't, if it includes all divisions below National  League North and South. Those divisions are a significantly higher standard than our non-league.