Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was on a small boat trip yesterday. 12 people with no social distancing and the option to wear a mask (nobody did). Later on the owner of the boat posted on a local FB page about the trips and someone was outraged “what about the social distancing?!?!?!?!”. Not sure what the stance on it is legally but we were outdoors and the option of masks was given

Enjoy the jail.

@Nicola

Less cases today but another increase in positive % . Englands cases rocketing too but no hint of lockdown 2. Looks like testing on arrival and quarantine till results is going to replace 2 weeks isolation- which seems to be working elsewhere. Other European governments aren’t going back into lockdown. Only Australia & newzealand have a elimination & lock out policy
To me it looks like were very much like we’re well into the “ get oan wea it” phase of the plan.
The Scottish government aren’t really in a position to deviate from that

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Looks like testing on arrival and quarantine till results is going to replace 2 weeks isolation- which seems to be working elsewhere.

Where did you see that? Would make things a lot simpler for me and a visiting relative.

P.S. Hancock I suppose? I'll take it with a large pinch of salt, in the short term anyway.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-quarantine-could-be-cut-under-ministers-airport-testing-plan-12065760

Edited by welshbairn

Less cases today but another increase in positive % . Englands cases rocketing too but no hint of lockdown 2. Looks like testing on arrival and quarantine till results is going to replace 2 weeks isolation- which seems to be working elsewhere. Other European governments aren’t going back into lockdown. Only Australia & newzealand have a elimination & lock out policy
To me it looks like were very much like we’re well into the “ get oan wea it” phase of the plan.
Didn't several Gov ministers rule that out over the weekend, has something changed today ?

Didn't several Gov ministers rule that out over the weekend, has something changed today ?

U turns are pretty standard now, and tbh when you’re learning on the go it doesn’t warrant the slagging it would normally get.
Life must go on, for a million different reasons
The health service and the vulnerable must be looked after more than usual
That’s pretty much it now

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
21 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

The only certainty with the Johnson Government, is that when several ministers say something, the U-turn is never far away. 

Scottish govt getting twitchy about cases is largely irrelevant. The end of furlough is the end of being able to take meaningful action over and above SD and tracing. Not sure what they can do to arrest the case numbers in young adults who seem to be carrying the blame, but no danger are we shutting down again or closing the schools.

Guess that's what happens when you arent in control of your own country, and not politically aligned with those who are.

Scottish govt getting twitchy about cases is largely irrelevant. The end of furlough is the end of being able to take meaningful action over and above SD and tracing. Not sure what they can do to arrest the case numbers in young adults who seem to be carrying the blame, but no danger are we shutting down again or closing the schools.

Guess that's what happens when you arent in control of your own country, and not politically aligned with those who are.

I’m looking at it quite simple.
We have 2 months to drive cases as low as possible before furlough ends, because it’s not getting extended so let’s not f**k this up.

Just now, Snafu said:

Why pay any attention to that?

Of course they have an agenda they are a politically motivated media group which supports the UK Government at a level not far off The Daily Mail.

Its all rather distracting.

Because people just read headlines and accept the measures and restrictions blindly 

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m looking at it quite simple.
We have 2 months to drive cases as low as possible before furlough ends, because it’s not getting extended so let’s not f**k this up.

I dont know how you get greater adherence with the rules though? As time goes on folk get more lax not more vigilant. 

I dont know how you get greater adherence with the rules though? As time goes on folk get more lax not more vigilant. 

There’s a few rumours going about Perth today that someone who’s been in close company of a covid patient has refused to self isolate and have a test.

I’ve heard it from 2 people now, so I’m a bit concerned we may become a hotspot.

Just now, Snafu said:

So us here as people on this forum read headlines and follow measures and restrictions blindly?

Well yes as we were told lockdown was only to prevent the NHS being “overwhelmed” and “to flatten the curve”. All that was done months ago and we still can’t go out to watch sports or shows, or listen to music in pubs and there’s no end date for those in sight 🙄

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No surprise but NS announced that lockdown phase 4 won’t be happening on the next review date. 

Phase 4 is the removal of all restrictions, so that really is no surprise.

There is still plenty room to relax within Phase 3

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

To the people who still don’t believe the media have an agenda, compare and contrast this from yesterday

BBC News headline - UK sees highest number of new coronavirus virus cases since 22nd May. 

The headline really should have been this - UK sees 2 covid deaths, the lowest for 6 months

I don't often stick up for the media, but they couldn't say that as it isn't true.

There have been multiple 2s, 1s and even a 0 in recent weeks.

I don't think the media fixation purely on cases is healthy, however.

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

There’s a few rumours going about Perth today that someone who’s been in close company of a covid patient has refused to self isolate and have a test.

I’ve heard it from 2 people now, so I’m a bit concerned we may become a hotspot.

Seen that also on Facebook from one of those lassies that sell bottles of Echo Falls with glitter glued onto it for Christmas.

Hope it's not true.