Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
1 hour ago, Michael W said:
Invited some girls back to their room, seemingly. 

Outrageous behaviour.....erect the gallows.

Granted I don't really see this as out of the ordinary behaviour (though in the case of Foden I take a dim view given his circumstances), they have broken the law in Iceland in doing so and have also breached the Covid protocols. 

A stupid thing to do given the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As a ticking the box exercise. Hopefully the following week all stadiums will have some fans in them but I won’t hold my breath 

Ah I see. Talking shite then 👍 

Edited by madwullie

I don't think there's a chance that we'll be in phase 4 anytime soon and even though I feel that some of the government's decision making has been questionable (namely certain rules contradicting others) I can't say I blame them.

Case numbers over the last week or 2 have been slightly concerning but nothing for people to lose their head over IMO. I do understand we're doing more targeted testing & tracing and I'm very much of the opinion that hospital admissions / deaths should hold more weight than simply the number of positive tests. However it does stand to reason that there is a likelihood that more positive tests will result in an increase in hospital admissions and, in turn, deaths.

Phase 3, or some iteration of it, is most likely going to be in place the foreseeable. The only thing I can see potentially forcing the SG's hand is the end of the job retention scheme which would leave them with pretty much no option but to fall in line with WM who seem to want to push ahead with things as soon as possible. I think that if the SG had full control and infection trends continued along the same lines as they are currently then the phase 3 restrictions would be in place through the winter and we'd see where we're at after that.

26 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I don't think anyone did make the crazy claims you seem to have got hold of here. Its well known for many years that vitamin D helps the immune system, you fail to acknowledge this in your dismissive post and this a stronger immune system is the case in point here. Stronger immune system means you are better able to fight of illnesses. Its not difficult to understand.

You seem to be annoyed at the question I put across. :lol:

On your last sentence, If true then there are very few of us around who know what we are talking about when discussing COVID-19 like on here on this thread, if so then its best leave it up to the scientific experts and our governments who always know what's best for us.

Yeah.

Your entire post seemed to infer that vitamin D was being overlooked as Covid treatment / prevention because there’s no money to be made from it. Which is absolute drivel. 

And there’s a difference between not being a scientific expert and posting quackery about vitamins. 

55 minutes ago, Snafu said:

My entire post was made up of a paragraph about my experience of vitamin D during the start of the year which was recommended to me by a physio for an entirely different reason. Then I asked two questions on vitamin D based on what was mentioned in the video.

I take it you didn't even watch the video then?

You are very dismissive for someone who has still not given any evidence against vitamin D being used to help support the immune system. Plus COVID-19 at least officially wasn't around in this country for another two months when I started taking vitamin D, so how you seem to think my entire post is made up of inferring that vitamin D is a treatment/prevention when it barely even made the news back then is f**king hilarious.

Noone is saying vit D isn't good for you and doesn't support the immune system. In fact it's pretty well known. You did suggest though that a reason it hasn't been properly explored as a potential treatment for covid is because noone can make money out of it. 

The steroids that have recently been found to help treat those who are most severely ill with covid cost f**k all as well btw. As does hydroxy iirc

Edited by madwullie

Any alcohol based kitchen wipe will take that off or almost anything with alcohol in it.

Mind you hand stamps are a good measure of spotting coronavirus ridden manky b*****ds the next day to avoid.

Yes I was being sarcastic. Absolutely no way to enforce something like that without resorting to illegal measures (branding springs to mind). Got to think the crowd return trials are under threat after today's turn of events.

10 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

1 pub per night limit , hand stamp manufacturer's rejoice. No chance of that being enforceable.

Nearly all the rules are unenforceable, enough people taking some notice of them to limit transmission is the aim.