Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The only figure of fun around here is the Parent of the Year nominee who wanted to chuck their weans into a school during a global pandemic and nationwide lockdown just because you couldn't be arsed looking after them anymore. 
Thanks for playing anyway. 
ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif
The English cases have been rising at the same rate and their schools haven't been back long enough to make a difference yet but you keep up your pathetic anti school, anti parent, anti teacher baseless soapbox agenda.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You haven't had a good day at all m9. Hope things pick up tomorrow. 

Weren’t most or all of the “actual school outbreaks” deemed to be caused by teenage minks ignoring instructions and hingin aboot with each other outside of school? 

Weren’t most or all of the “actual school outbreaks” deemed to be caused by teenage minks ignoring instructions and hingin aboot with each other outside of school? 
Hence why instead of producing evidence to back it up, which he doesnt have, he went on some completely irrelevant tangent about me "Wanting to send my kids to school in the middle of a pandemic" despite the fact that he desperately wants to go to the football in the middle of..... well you know

5 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

If only the facts that teenagers form a major part of the school population and that children of all age groups do not actually stick to interacting with their class sets once they exit the school gates could have been known before the government fired several hundred of them at a time into the same building all week, every week.

It's astonishing that even someone as thick as you thought that was an effective counter-point. 

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't think anyone up here has been saying they're safe. 

I don't recall Nicola Sturgeon issuing stern lectures telling old people to BE AWARE of children returning from school and to make sure that distancing and hygiene measures are kept in place, so they are in fact signalling that they are safe as opposed to the disease-riddled restaurants and pubs. 

I get that the timing of schools opening up here seem to fit well with the rise in cases. However, every local authority has schools, and every school is probably acting in a more or less homogeneous way, open at the same time. So infection rates due to school should act as a multiplier across all authorities.

For cases to be increasing in, for example, Glasgow City Council area in a way it isn't in Edinburgh City Council area suggests, surely that there are other errant behaviours happening in the west acting as an additional multiplier above hospitality and schools that are pushing the cases up?

Edited by renton

I get that the timing of schools opening up here seem to fit well with the rise in cases. However, every local authority has schools, and every school is probably acting in a more or less homogeneous way, open at the same time. So infection rates due to school should act as a multiplier across all authorities.
For cases to be increasing in, for example, Glasgow City Council area in a way it isn't in Edinburgh City Council area suggests, surely that there are other errant behaviours happening in the west acting as an additional multiplier above hospitality and schools that are pushing the cases up?

Jakey pubs

10 minutes ago, renton said:

If there is little to no latent Covid in a community then the chance of any individual school or a workplace or wherever acting as an amplifier is very low. If there is some Covid circulating in the community then it is more likely to have that effect and when you have hundreds of such spaces opening up then the prospect of one or two of them kicking things off is only a matter of when, not if. It's probable that in areas with lower background circulation that they just haven't reached that random point yet: whereas for some contained island community that hasn't had a case since June you wouldn't expect it to change at all. 

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

If there is little to no latent Covid in a community then the chance of any individual school or a workplace or wherever acting as an amplifier is very low. If there is some Covid circulating in the community then it is more likely to have that effect and when you have hundreds of such spaces opening up then the prospect of one or two of them kicking things off is only a matter of when, not if. It's probable that in areas with lower background circulation that they just haven't reached that random point yet: whereas for some contained island community that hasn't had a case since June you wouldn't expect it to change at all. 

I could imagine that in some authorities like the Highlands and Islands, but I don't think (and am happy to be corrected) that ECC was running at an order magnitude lower of community infection than GLC to explain why it hasn't started there yet, and if it were starting from a magnitude lower rate, then surely that suggests that GLC already had differing behaviours/Vectors that had kept it's infection rate higher.

So, are we looking at either a new multiplier that is missing in other aurhorities, or an old multiplier that was already in the system driving higher infection rates prior to the schools opening.

10 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd be astounded. Tank an already tanking economy based on low deaths with a furlough scheme ending next month. Good luck with that.

Agreed.

The vast vast majority of local authorities in England reported <15 new cases today.

Table_20200908.png

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Be extremely difficult gaining folks buy in this time around

I don't know about that, the fact we're heading towards winter and "stay at home" weather coupled with the fact that nobody I know has enjoyed the "pub experience" recently, leads me to believe that people may be more willing to comply than you'd think.

Of course, much depends on how it's sold to the general public by our various media channels.

I don't know about that, the fact we're heading towards winter and "stay at home" weather coupled with the fact that nobody I know has enjoyed the "pub experience" recently, leads me to believe that people may be more willing to comply than you'd think.
Of course, much depends on how it's sold to the general public by our various media channels.
The pub experience is going to be considerably shitter with the "1 pub per night" patter. Basically it's your local and if you dont have one, you probably arent going to bother. Pubs are fucked.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

If only the facts that teenagers form a major part of the school population and that children of all age groups do not actually stick to interacting with their class sets once they exit the school gates could have been known before the government fired several hundred of them at a time into the same building all week, every week.

It's astonishing that even someone as thick as you thought that was an effective counter-point. 

A counter-point? Pretty sure I replied to Bairnardo and asked him a question. Speaking of questions, I’m now starting to ask myself why any parent on here even entertains the ill-informed views of a childless virgin who is probably legally bound to retain that status forevermore.

Hilarious watching you call folk thick when you are running away with it in the thicko stakes on here. You appear to have as  much in the way of brains as you do teeth. Credit where it’s due though, you are doing ‘being wrong’ very well this week.

Anyway to entertain your latest dribble and to simplify things for you yet again - DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER OF TRANSMISSION TAKING PLACE IN SCHOOLS?

Edited by 8MileBU

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

I've not seen this mentioned yet but aren't the collages and universities going to be opened soon?

https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/universities-returning-likely-have-biggest-impact-covid-19-transmission-scotland-2965303

Universities returning likely to have 'biggest impact' on Covid-19 transmission in Scotland

This month, if not October.

Jakey pubs
The GBX

45 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

When the full squad is on point 👌👌

20200908_174046.jpg.9a6aed1780414ce5913dfedd07577be6.jpg

Ooooft 😂

Quite the lack of self-awareness from the runaway leader in the buckled mess category on P&B. A snivelling Pollock fan who’s green squared posts are normally a standard checklist or who’s-who list of the utter dregs of this forum.

Edited by 8MileBU