Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Empty care homes 
Open pubs 
This idea that it has to be either hospitality or everything else is a fucking horrid idea.

Hospitality/tourism employs a huge number of people in this country, not just directly but through supply chains etc. It's not as simple as saying that folk should just be able to 'go without a pint for a wee while'

Just now, 10menwent2mow said:

This idea that it has to be either hospitality or everything else is a fucking horrid idea.

Hospitality/tourism employs a huge number of people in this country, not just directly but through supply chains etc. It's not as simple as saying that folk should just be able to 'go without a pint for a wee while'

A lot of people on here only seem to see themselves as the consumer of these things rather than considering the people who work in these industries. Protagonist syndrome writ large.

The tier system, in my opinion, isn't working
A significant minority of people just ignoring the travel restrictions and are just moving from tier to tier to get around them.

My wife saw quite a few Glaswegians doing their shopping up in Dundee in the local Debenhams.

Just watch Angus shoot up again when those on the border with it (I'm thinking Monifieth and Birkhill) have visitors booking meals in local pubs.

A lot of people on here only seem to see themselves as the consumer of these things rather than considering the people who work in these industries. Protagonist syndrome writ large.
It's not just the people who directly work in the industry itself. It's breweries, delivery drivers, food producers that supply these places. Taxis that will pick up and drop people off from pubs/restaurants/hotels.

[mention=75884]MixuFruit[/mention] my paywall thingy isn't working

It's alright my man. Loads if I search for the article. Is Chris outing himself as a subscriber to the FT?

I don’t subscribe. Some of their articles are free, or maybe you get three a month.

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t subscribe. Some of their articles are free, or maybe you get three a month.

Whenever, someone posts a link to FT article on here the link normally has a paywall but when you google the actual article title it is possible to read for free

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

My aunt's son-in-law played the "they say that if you want to see what your wife will look like later then look at her mother..." card during his wedding speech.  Let's just say that he didn't get the reaction he was probably expecting when he added"... and I'm really looking forward to it, phooaaarrr".  

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Without trying to sidetrack the thread too much, and assuming that I'm correct in thinking "wid" translates into "would shag", is this Distant Doonhamer claiming on record that it's acceptable to shag one's aunt?  An interesting line in the sand there.

Cracking story re your aunt's son-in-law. 😂

Re your sidetracking. No it's not me advising crossing any  line just an attempt at humour. (Honest guv).  Apologies  if any offence caused.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

A significant minority of people just ignoring the travel restrictions and are just moving from tier to tier to get around them.

My wife saw quite a few Glaswegians doing their shopping up in Dundee in the local Debenhams.

Just watch Angus shoot up again when those on the border with it (I'm thinking Monifieth and Birkhill) have visitors booking meals in local pubs.
I'm interested to know, what gave it away that they were Glaswegians?

13 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They were trying to leave the shop without paying for the stuff, probably.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A friend of mine reported Fort Kinnaird was teeming with Geordie accents during the English lockdown.

6 hours ago, Aladdin said:

Post viral fatigue syndrome has been recognised for ages and you cant help but think they are including that within the numbers of "long covid".  I had glandular fever in my late 20s and was gubbed for weeks after the cold/flu like symptoms and the touch of hepatitis that accompanied them disappeared.

I had understood long covid to mean restricted lung capacity etc long after recovery should have been expected, not just feeling a bit knackered.

“Long covid” is just another wanky term that’s been coined from the pandemic. It’s a modern day post viral fatigue. I mentioned before that I took chickenpox as an adult and had PVF for about a year afterwards. I could barely walk up the stairs or have a shower without needing to lie down and nap. I imagine “long covid” to feel similar to that 

Nobody knows why the infection rate remains stubbornly high in certain areas...

• a party of 10 people found at a Glasgow address, where the householder had previously been issued with two fixed penalty notices (FPNs)
  • in the north east six people were warned after being found at two different parties in the same evening
  • officers attended a Glasgow address following a report of a noisy party. Fines were issued to five people - four of whom had previously received Covid-related fines
  • in Ayrshire people attempted to jump out of the windows of a property when police arrived. This was the second time officers had attended the address having previously issued a fine to the householder
  • and police went to a Renfrewshire address where they gave fines to two party-goers who had previously been issued with a warning

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jUdDoT1Lpao/WXJdjDTkh2I/AAAAAAAAaqk/rmdjOh11nK0xIGUjQRfUo4uWSexbtWjzQCLcBGAs/s1600/Bossman5.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55330909

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Tracksuits, drunk, stealing etc.