Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

As of 22/12
Daily cases in Uk : 36, 804 an increase of 18, 354 in a week.
If that rate of increase continues it’s not difficult to see where it will end.
Something drastic had to be done, especially over a holiday period where people are travelling so much.

Letting folk travel round the country to meet elderly family members and shoving all the weans back into school in the new year is doing something drastic to stop the spread of the virus is it?

If we'd actually done something drastic 9 months ago then we might not be required to carry out such drastic measures. As it is, we got a track and trace system that cost us fucking billions, it doesn't work and we haven't even made it mandatory for people to have the app. That led us to not knowing just how bad community spread actually was, coupled with a testing system that on numerous occasions couldn't deal with demand and routinely lost test results. We introduced restrictions and had the polis say "we won't really enforce them". We didn't bother quarantining ANYONE coming into the country, we didn't even bother testing the c***s. We didn't make mask wearing mandatory until months down the line. Now, as a reward for sitting in fucking house all year with my thumb up my arse, I get to do it all again just so people can eat a fucking turkey and send their weans out the house.

f**k the fucking lot of it.

^^^head gone btw.

All hands to the pump once there are sufficient quantities of vaccines to justify it.

I'm talking retired nurses, the army, veterinary staff...hell, even train us teachers do it. To be honest, I've got a few pupils who are good at stabbing each other with pencils so I'm sure we could put them to good use...

47 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, Wee Willie said:
Read my lips. It's '2 jags' Prescott

Of course it was, I was racking my brains trying to remember. That works equally well though

Pedantry alert: It was actually both. "Jags" for his abuse of the ministerial car provision, and, later, "jabs" for punching a local who had a pop at him while out campaigning in Wales.

As noted, mind, both versions work equally well.

ETA: OK, beaten to it, but I thought I'd better do a wee bit of work today..

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Well, there's a waiting room in our surgey which, visualising it at the moment, I reckon could hold thirty, perhaps forty (sociall distanced) for that period.

Here's how they've organised ours, normally it's tight rows but there's probably room for nearly as many using all the space.

Just now, super_carson said:

All hands to the pump once there are sufficient quantities of vaccines to justify it.

I'm talking retired nurses, the army, veterinary staff...hell, even train us teachers do it. To be honest, I've got a few pupils who are good at stabbing each other with pencils so I'm sure we could put them to good use...

Need to get the hands to the pump BEFORE the supply glut arrives though. Scale up now, don't chase it later. That's how emergency response works and that's how this should be treated.

Tynie has already said a piece on vaccinators and the issues that need to be overcome. I would add in portable blood buses going round workplaces, and also in large work settings, occupational health departments getting used.

Every life lost, every operation or treatment missed, every business bust from here on out can have some degree of grievance that the government, in the greatest time of desperation any of us have eber known, simply couldn't be fucked meeting a logistical challenge head on and instead fucked about with GP surgeries etc. I remain hopeful of being wrong here and the much vaunted plans for upscaling massively come to pass. Woudlnt mind seeing some evidence of it though.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Letting folk travel round the country to meet elderly family members and shoving all the weans back into school in the new year is doing something drastic to stop the spread of the virus is it?

If we'd actually done something drastic 9 months ago then we might not be required to carry out such drastic measures. As it is, we got a track and trace system that cost us fucking billions, it doesn't work and we haven't even made it mandatory for people to have the app. That led us to not knowing just how bad community spread actually was, coupled with a testing system that on numerous occasions couldn't deal with demand and routinely lost test results. We introduced restrictions and had the polis say "we won't really enforce them". We didn't bother quarantining ANYONE coming into the country, we didn't even bother testing the c***s. We didn't make mask wearing mandatory until months down the line. Now, as a reward for sitting in fucking house all year with my thumb up my arse, I get to do it all again just so people can eat a fucking turkey and send their weans out the house.

f**k the fucking lot of it.

^^^head gone btw.

It's not 9 months ago though is it?

To say it's been badly handled is an understatement of epic proportions, but you have to deal with the here and now.

Shutdown to the middle of January and see how it's going would seem to be the plan.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I genuinely cannot understand anyone with a "the way we currently do it is good enough" attitude. Lets make a bit of effort ffs. We have been waiting a long time and pinning a lot of hopes on a vaccine. Now we have one we are happy our lives to remain a fucking wreck indefinitely whilst we potter along waiting our turn. Despairing at the lack of interest in thinking outside the box here tbh

You'd think that some high head ones somewhere would have been tasked with creating a framework and system for efficient vaccine dispensing over the last 9 months, it beggars belief how badly prepared we've been at all stages of this shitshow.

Unfortunately none of the clowns In positions of power need to sweat for an instant about their jobs, cash or food, it's high time we all voted for people that are capable and motivated to change things for the better and kick the shit out into the real world. 

Edited by ayrmad

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

A politician would never say something is out of control im not saying they don't lie just that its not normal political speak.
They're spooked by this and its not a smokescreen.

They'll say anything which convinces the populace that:

a. There's a big scary threat out there, and

b. They are the only people who can protect you.

Absolute basic mass manipulation. Ask yourself - how much of an issue was Islamic terrorism to the average Amerian before the fall of Communism? 

35 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

In the name of suffering fūck, give it a rest.

For questioning yet another shambles of a rule? Maybe if more people did that instead of just accepting what ever bullshit we’re told then businesses and economy wouldn’t be in the mess they’re in, mental health wouldn’t be at all time low. Nah just continue to accept statements from the Govt(s) that’s handled things oh so brilliantly since March 🙄 

13 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Interesting route to get to Mexico- via Greenland.

Unless the pilot's navigator is the same guy who drew the UK's route map out of Covid

There is two planes N or NW fly over Scotland each evening to Mexico City around 22.00, it seems a strange route but quite a few planes that fly to the west coast of the US and Canada pass over our skies, just as an aside..

2 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

It's not 9 months ago though is it?

To say it's been badly handled is an understatement of epic proportions, but you have to deal with the here and now.

Shutdown to the middle of January and see how it's going would seem to be the plan.

Tell me how the easing of restrictions on Friday will assist in dealing with the here and now?

Tell me how throwing weans back into school in 2 weeks time will assist in dealing with the here and now?

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Tell me how the easing of restrictions on Friday will assist in dealing with the here and now?

Tell me how throwing weans back into school in 2 weeks time will assist in dealing with the here and now?

Apart from a small handful of pupils, it's almost 4 weeks at the earliest that pupils will be returning to school.

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well, they aren't being "thrown back" in two weeks. It'll be 18th January before they are even considered to be allowed back in.

13 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

There is two planes N or NW fly over Scotland each evening to Mexico City around 22.00, it seems a strange route but quite a few planes that fly to the west coast of the US and Canada pass over our skies, just as an aside..

It's to do with the curve of the earth.  It's a shorter route going over Scotland.  You regularly get flights from Europe flying over Inverness on their way to the West Coast of the US and A.

They'll say anything which convinces the populace that:
a. There's a big scary threat out there, and
b. They are the only people who can protect you.
Absolute basic mass manipulation. Ask yourself - how much of an issue was Islamic terrorism to the average Amerian before the fall of Communism? 
I dont disagree with that, the power of nightmares.
There is a big scary threat out there though this time but its their f**k ups thats making it worse.
Would concede that its to cover up the idiotic five days at Christmas idea.
SAGE told them wtf are you doing and they did a u-turn.
Same as the herd immunity idea.
Following the money. Once everyone had planned and spent for Xmas they cancelled it.

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Apart from a small handful of pupils, it's almost 4 weeks at the earliest that pupils will be returning to school.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Well, they aren't being "thrown back" in two weeks. It'll be 18th January before they are even considered to be allowed back in.

Irrelevant to my point really but fair enough. 

18 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

I can recall once flying from Amsterdam to Mexico city and marvelling at the fact I saw icebergs off Greenland on the same flight as I saw a game of football taking place as we flew over the Azteca stadium.......it is definitely the route.

Yes most planes we see high up in the sky are transatlantic from the main European hubs of Amsterdam, Paris and Frankfurt........certainly over the North East anyway

Another flight I took from Miami to London I saw The Empire State Building, The White House and Houses of Parliament all on same flight.....I love looking oot the windae