Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Forest_Fifer said:
3 hours ago, philpy said:
See all this "philpy" someone pish? Just fucking bin it please. Just because I grassed someone once it doesn't need highlighted at every fucking opportunity.

"You shag one sheep..."

Eh?

He kept that quiet. 

34 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

English kids must be sitting too close together on the bus to school

You'll have noticed the multiples aren't restricted to school children. It's not all about P&B obsessions, if true it's serious across the board.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'll have noticed the multiples aren't restricted to school children. It's not all about P&B obsessions, if true it's serious across the board.

Serious enough to consider..... Maybe deploying the actual cure in a way not restricted by GP numbers and opening hours?

Sorry if that sounds a bit snippy, but I feel quite snippy over this and repeatedly going over how serious this new strain may be when we are already in the highest tier of restrictions seems slightly pointless.....

Serious enough to consider..... Maybe deploying the actual cure in a way not restricted by GP numbers and opening hours?
Sorry if that sounds a bit snippy, but I feel quite snippy over this and repeatedly going over how serious this new strain may be when we are already in the highest tier of restrictions seems slightly pointless.....
You mean 24 hour dispensing of vaccines?

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not one for conspiracies but perhaps governments have tried to ignore schools for so long until they’ve realised it’s unavoidable then come out with this new strain bollocks to justify it?

The virus has mutated over 12,000 times.

How does France shutting the border to England fit in to this conspiracy?

What about other countries banning folk travelling from the UK?

What about countries reporting the mutated strain, and their concerns over it?

Most viruses mutate multiple times, and some of these mutations make a virus more deadly, some less deadly. Take a look at the history of various viruses.

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You mean 24 hour dispensing of vaccines?

I mean quite literally whatever it takes to drastically increase the numbers as fast as humanly possible, and to be stood ready for the AZ approval also, and at almost any price. Since only that would measure up to the sledgehammer approach of almost all of 2020.

Surprised in all honesty to read today that Edinburgh Zoo and the teuchter ski centres are operating 'for locals only' in the middle of a tier 4 nationwide lockdown. I really can't see how completely non-essential leisure/driving on some dodgy teuchter road up a hill when it's likely to hoor down with more snow any minute now fits alongside a supermutant emergency, emergency and a system in which leaving your local authority area justifies police action unless you're George Galloway.

Edited by vikingTON

34 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I dunno mate, in comparison to other age groups, it seems more likely that this strain does in fact transmit between and infect kids much more than previous ones. 

That's like saying that one bear is more likely to shit in the woods than another. 

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If you have an idea to get Pfizer and AZ to speed up their production and delivery, go ahead, I'm right behind you. Then we can get on to whatever's going wrong with the speed of injection delivery in Scotland, whatever it is.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If you have an idea to get Pfizer and AZ to speed up their production and delivery, go ahead, I'm right behind you. Then we can get on to whatever's going wrong with the speed of injection delivery in Scotland, whatever it is.

How about dropping the patent protection on the vaccines? That seems like it might speed things up. Pfizer, AZ, Moderna, J&J etc. are already going to make a huge profit anyway.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I get that you don't think there's an issue there. I just don't understand why you don't (even if its true that we are currently going as fast as we can, and I don't think we are) want them to have infrastructure in place and operational. It is absolutely inevitable the vaccine supply will outstrip our ability to vaccinate, so lets plan for that in advance no? Waiting till we are sat with fucking millions of them before pulling our finger out and trying to upscale is negligent. As negligent as it is predictable

The latest figures incidentally do not support the theory that the mutant variety is the simple cause of higher infection rates. Take Wales as the easiest example of this:

image.thumb.png.f1b65ad226f9013a43c0b309cad91653.png

There's very little evidence to suggest that the new variant is driving current rates of infection in Wales. The country is absolutely riddled with vanilla Covid now though, just as it has been for weeks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52380643

It's a safe bet that if the same mutations were being picked up in cases from Newport or Merthyr Tydfil then there'd be next to international reaction to it. What's going on is more complicated than the London-centric narrative suggests.

Edited by vikingTON

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

How does France shutting the border to England fit in to this conspiracy?

What about other countries banning folk travelling from the UK?

What about countries reporting the mutated strain, and their concerns over it?

Most viruses mutate multiple times, and some of these mutations make a virus more deadly, some less deadly. Take a look at the history of various viruses.

I don’t actually think it’s a conspiracy just that perhaps they’re playing on it to cover up past f**k ups. They kept the schools open when they were as or more responsible than anything else as if they were surrounded by a magic forcefield. They did it as part of the balancing act and I get why. People would lose jobs etc but they should have been honest about it. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I get that you don't think there's an issue there. I just don't understand why you don't (even if its true that we are currently going as fast as we can, and I don't think we are) want them to have infrastructure in place and operational. It is absolutely inevitable the vaccine supply will outstrip our ability to vaccinate, so lets plan for that in advance no? Waiting till we are sat with fucking millions of them before pulling our finger out and trying to upscale is negligent. As negligent as it is predictable

I just haven't seen any evidence that we aren't preparing for a reliable and plentiful delivery, whereas I have heard enough to think that we are. Which isn't a great deal, I'm not in the know. You seem to be assuming that we'll f**k it up before it's really started.