Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Ok then we all be sitting in our gardens hoping our neighbours don't grass for having 8 people at a barbeque.

Cheers for being a tedious pendant. 

You mean hanging around like a bad smell?

They need to close all business apart from the ones that are genuinely essential.
I'm working and its nothing essential.
In our town off licenses, newsagents, florists, a homeware shop are all open plus half a dozen cafes doing "take away" to a public under a stay at home order. It's a joke we are playing at it.

25 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I am sorry but if they cannot vaccinate enough people to relax restrictions in the timeline they provide then surely heads need to roll. Obviously assuming the supply is there but surely they should have anticipated what they needed to meet their initial numbers and also anticipate any problems such as not enough people to do the vaccinations or whatever. They have had long enough to think about this and this is the end game so they have no excuse not to f**k it up (i know they will).

It is the same in business. You don’t go blindly into something new such as geographical area or product. You look at the different requirements and sort out any potential issues before you start.

They should have got the infrastructure in place based on the assumption that they would get their initially ordered supply and if that is in place then anything less should be easy.

We should already be on at least a second round of ministerial resignations on both sides of the border. So long as there's a sufficiently large and gormless section of the public ready to make endless excuses for their pet party though, then the UK will get the useless administration that it truly deserves.

We should already be on at least a second round of ministerial resignations on both sides of the border. So long as there's a sufficiently large and gormless section of the public ready to make endless excuses for their pet party though, then the UK will get the useless administration that it truly deserves.
All the snp had done has present a disaster well.

In our town off licenses, newsagents, florists, a homeware shop are all open plus half a dozen cafes doing "take away" to a public under a stay at home order. It's a joke we are playing at it.

I’m assuming you know this because you saw it when you were outside?
It’s a good job you don’t have to much authority otherwise the gestapo would be roaming the streets looking for folk doing non essentialy stuff
Stay home as much as possible but get exercise a takeaway or god forbid a paper and pint of milk to keep your morale up , should be more than adequate
Taking it to the next step, stay indoors at all times should only be used for an immediate and dire emergency, considering we’re looking at being under this for several months it sounds like you actually want the population to go stir crazy.
Set reasonable rules wnd there’s more chance of them being followed

27 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
34 minutes ago, hk blues said:
What's your thought process in that? 

It works

You're right. It's worked amazingly and helped avoid any tightening of restrictions...

Once we have worked our way down the priority list, we can dismantle the testing infrastructure IMO, and test and trace. Unless you are advocating mass testing, tracing, and mandatory isolation periods for any and all endemic viruses with low CFRs, in which case you are absolutely mental.

Edited by Todd_is_God

You're right. It's worked amazingly and helped avoid any tightening of restrictions...
Once we have worked our way down the priority list, we can dismantle the testing infrastructure IMO, and test and trace. Unless you are advocating mass testing, tracing, and mandatory isolation periods for any and all endemic viruses with low CFRs, in which case you are absolutely mental.
Chinese people living a normal life through testing. I guess I'm mental.

33 minutes ago, virginton said:

Freeman resigned months ago but trundles on regardless.

I’m assuming you know this because you saw it when you were outside?
It’s a good job you don’t have to much authority otherwise the gestapo would be roaming the streets looking for folk doing non essentialy stuff
Stay home as much as possible but get exercise a takeaway or god forbid a paper and pint of milk to keep your morale up , should be more than adequate
Taking it to the next step, stay indoors at all times should only be used for an immediate and dire emergency, considering we’re looking at being under this for several months it sounds like you actually want the population to go stir crazy.
Set reasonable rules wnd there’s more chance of them being followed
All well and good but WH Smith (the newsagent) doesn't sell milk and papers form a tiny part of their business. Absolutely no need to be open similar to the other businesses I listed. Corner shops are rightly open to enable you to get that pint of milk or a paper that keeps your morale up. As I said we are playing at lockdown and stay at home.

I've been watching the known infection numbers in China for a few days to see if there has been any increases there. It's is going up by only a dozen a day and still around 350 which in a country with the size of population it has is incredible. I still wonder if they have either played a blinder or are at super boss level bullshitting.

Test, truncheons to the face & concentration camp should do the trick
Or it’s a complete pack of lies.
Either is completely possible

17 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've been watching the known infection numbers in China for a few days to see if there has been any increases there. It's is going up by only a dozen a day and still around 350 which in a country with the size of population it has is incredible. I still wonder if they have either played a blinder or are at super boss level bullshitting.

I think that they've just accepted that it will only affect a small percentage of the population so are just getting on with it and aren't reporting any numbers.  Similar to what the UK did with bad flu seasons etc before we became knicker wetters.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

This lockdown is fucking shite. I am working from home again which is fine. Was fine the first time as the weather was decent and could chuck the kids outside. The weather is pish resulting in my son being an absolute arsehole because he is bored.

To quote my mum when I was younger:

"You're bored?  Oh well, the house needs a dust and hoover, the car needs a wash and we can also do with some more milk from the shop".

Never again was I 'bored'.

46 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
58 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Chinese people living a normal life through testing. I guess I'm mental.

The Chinese ignore anyone who tests positive but have no symptoms. Is that the game you want to play?

Edited by Todd_is_God

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

All well and good but WH Smith (the newsagent) doesn't sell milk and papers form a tiny part of their business. Absolutely no need to be open similar to the other businesses I listed. Corner shops are rightly open to enable you to get that pint of milk or a paper that keeps your morale up. As I said we are playing at lockdown and stay at home.

WH smith also sells stationery and other office related supplies which are essential items if you're working from home.

Given that China bullshitting is the reason that a large part of the world is currently in the shit, I'm going to go for that option.