Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The window cleaner was out this morning and cleaned the windows. Hardly essential, I would have thought, although my wife would maybe disagree. (She doesn't, actually.)
Ours too. They worked right through all the lockdowns. Freezing work in this weather too. Bar coming round one night for the money there is zero interaction with our guy so no real problem.

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
30 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:
The window cleaner was out this morning and cleaned the windows. Hardly essential, I would have thought, although my wife would maybe disagree. (She doesn't, actually.)

Ours too. They worked right through all the lockdowns. Freezing work in this weather too. Bar coming round one night for the money there is zero interaction with our guy so no real problem.

Aye, ours has never stopped either.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They could join the Dubai league.

Is it a Catholic or Protestant Dubai league?

Most British people who go there are orange so I guess that could be a clue

45 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Lockdowns don't work, masks don't work, border closures don't work.

I know I've posted this before but it's quite amazing.

One thing that is interesting is that Jeremy Vine is clearly uneasy at anyone contradicting Dr Jarvis and says he doesn't want to have one person saying one thing and the expert on the other side, giving them equal weight.  If you fast forward about three months people would be saying this to shut off people saying what Sarah Jarvis was saying in this clip!

Jeremy Vine is a seasoned BBC broadcaster.

Remember, it's only over the past couple of years that the BBC stopped giving equal credence to all viewpoints. Prior to this they gave equal weight to Dr John McWeather, holder of two PHDs in climatology, and Bill from Hull, who says global warming is a myth because it was a bit cold last Thursday.

Amazing how for years we had the Brexit mob trumpeting taking back control of our borders but for the last 12 months, with a rampant virus spreading across the world, we've let anyone come into the country without the most basic of checks to try and stem the spread of COVID.

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Theryar! Victims already.

Sure are!Screenshot_20210105-134132.thumb.jpg.358f9f0bf65d91dae242a504f9eb0fe0.jpg

It is a bit of a joke that they are there in a global pandemic but for the a club that always seems to be on the attack of injustice it seems a bit odd to flock to a country where it's still illegal for everyone to kiss the person they love.

17 hours ago, 101 said:

Least likely to die, bearing in mind you have already taken every with underlying health conditions the chances of someone healthy under 30 being hospitalised or dying from Covid must be extremely small

It's extremely small for anyone under 80

Certainly under 70

Only if they let them leave first. Then in transfer window parlance, the door should be slammed shut.

Quite fuckin right! As much as devi gets a hard time on here for her zero covid stuff, it’s worth remembering that we did almost manage it last summer. There were days when we were getting under new 5 cases . Those itk were telling us that it had been eradicated outside of medical and care settings AND we done all that without masks
2 weeks after the opening of the travel and tourism sector cases started picking up again and haven’t really subsided since

5 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Quite fuckin right! As much as devi gets a hard time on here for her zero covid stuff, it’s worth remembering that we did almost manage it last summer. There were days when we were getting under new 5 cases . Those itk were telling us that it had been eradicated outside of medical and care settings AND we done all that without masks
2 weeks after the opening of the travel and tourism sector cases started picking up again and haven’t really subsided since

Was there anything else that opened towards the end of summer which might have played a part do you think?

Was there anything else that opened towards the end of summer which might have played a part do you think?

Well yes of course there was, but that was another 4 weeks down the line. In that time we went from 5 cases on july 15 to over 160 a month later. From what we’ve seen since it seems clear that schools multiply infectiions but it has to get in there in the first place.

53 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

And with imported strains that hadn't been seen in the UK before.

54 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Some random P&B'ers maw's legs?

(I'm no quite sure who is the fashionable punchline to 'yer maw' gags these days)