Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

oh yes roof on week before previous lockdown - windows frames in and hoping glass goes in this week

Can't see why it's so far behind, nothing must have been done for months.

Must have been a right pain in the arse for you, 26 months of having a building site attached to your house.

Edited by Jacksgranda

27 minutes ago, madwullie said:

For the tradesmen here, our carpet fitters are still intending to come to measure today and are still doing fittings. 

Extremely surprised about that. Can only assume they're using some kind of loophole. We desperately need a carpet but it's not life or death. Don't know how I feel about it. 

Have you thought about a rug?

Didn't see Gove on Sky but why the chat about March now? Not a word about that said earlier on when he was interviewed (which maybe i missed).

Is ScotGovs approach to see where we are near the end of Jan as they were hoping to stop this new spread from fully kicking off? I always expected the kids to be at home till the Feb half term but i'd have expected a tier 4 approach after that for a while as opposed to full closures across the whole country.

39 minutes ago, madwullie said:

For the tradesmen here, our carpet fitters are still intending to come to measure today and are still doing fittings. 

Extremely surprised about that. Can only assume they're using some kind of loophole. We desperately need a carpet but it's not life or death. Don't know how I feel about it. 

You could find a way to describe pretty well any kind of work as essential. Health and safety m8.

Tradespeople should only go into a house to carry out or deliver essential work or services, for example:

to carry out utility (electricity, gas, water, telephone, broadband) safety checks, repairs, maintenance and installations
to carry out repairs and maintenance that would otherwise threaten the household’s health and safety
to deliver goods or shopping, where essential
to deliver, install or repair key household furniture and appliances such as washing machines, fridges and cookers
to support a home move, for example furniture removal
Safety when working in someone else’s home
When carrying out essential work in someone’s house, tradespeople should stay 2 metres apart from the people who live there, wear a face covering and follow good hand and respiratory hygiene.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/

38 minutes ago, madwullie said:

What they are doing is simply flouting the regulations.

So it’s clear:

Q. I need to go into someone else’s home in order to do my job. Can I do that now?

Work carried out in  people’s homes can continue across all levels COVID-19 protection levels but should be strictly limited to the provision of essential or permitted goods and services at Level 4.  This is to help suppress the spread of the virus. 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-general-guidance-for-safer-workplaces/pages/work-in-other-peoples-homes-faq/

32 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Can't see why it's so far behind, nothing must have been done for months.

Must have been a right pain in the arse for you, 26 months of having a building site attached to your house.

However, October 19 (when I stated it started)  is not quite 26 months is it?

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

I would tell them not to come. You're just asking for the local busy body to grass you and them in and polis will be out to make a point early on in this new lockdown

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

My basic level of understanding is that you get the virus, your body recognises it, immune system produces antibodies to batter it and for a few months post-infection the antibodies are still there.  If you come into contact with the virus again a year later your immune system recognises it and suppresses it with antibodies as it already knows how to make them from the previous infection. 

I'm not a Biologist or a Physician but here's my understanding from one Medicinal Chemistry course about 12 years ago. The immune system basically has two parts - search and destroy. I think the antibodies are the 'searchers'. They stay in your blood stream and identify different threats. When they find one, they basically send a signal to the immune system to send out cells to come and kill the virus. If you have no antibodies, your immune system can't find the threat to destroy it.

Just now, Caledonian1 said:

About being Prime Minister?  Wouldn't be that great a shock to be honest.

Johnson is like Trump, wants the job but doesn’t want to do the job.  That said Johnson is not as psychotic as Trump.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

How do you hibernate

well going by the behaviour of my local, clinically obese squirrel, you steal entire fatballs, half coconuts, and literally everything and anything else anyone puts out for the local birdlife. I hope he finds somewhere nice and cosy, and a suitable size. Like an abandoned tin bath, disused skip or such. :angry: