Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Same here. Them piping up about vaccinations being dangerous for pregnant women when the medical literature says it isn't is dangerous itself, and needs stamping on.

For healthcare workers its a balance of the risks, the wife was reading up on it all as we’d maybe like to try for another kid this year, dont know what the guidance is for non healthcare workers, so few folks will be in the first wave of getting the vaccine who fall into that category. The US’ CDC suggested that the vaccine is safe for pregnant women. 

16 minutes ago, 101 said:

Could eventually get that way.

If an employee went in knowingly positive then of course they are likely to the the ones liable. However I'm sure employment lawyers would be queuing up to make sure Tesco are following the rules to the letter are they doing everything reasonable to ensure social distancing is adhered to, I would argue not since they chucked the one way system. Are they doing everything possible to keep hard surfaces clean, I would argue not, my sister was taken on just to clean the high touch areas for 8 hours a day, this job no longer exists and she does deliveries. But this isn't in Dundee who may do things differently.

I'm sure Tesco are doing everything reasonable however to have 3 deaths in one shop seems like something the Trade Unions and the Health and Safety Exec should be looking at.

That could be the case, but it's as likely one of them caught it, transmitted it before they knew and the consequences followed. If Tesco have procedures in place it will be difficult to establish liability. Employment lawyers won't take something on they don't think they have a balance of probability chance of winning and I doubt they have here.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That could be the case, but it's as likely one of them caught it, transmitted it before they knew and the consequences followed. If Tesco have procedures in place it will be difficult to establish liability. Employment lawyers won't take something on they don't think they have a balance of probability chance of winning and I doubt they have here.

Completely agree but hope someone has a proper look into it as the very least the families deserve. And hopefully will mean other families don't have to go through the same pain.

Think in general we need to be careful about letting covid turn into the next ambulance chasing flavour of the month.

If someone can be shown to have spread it about after being told officially they were positive then aye, throw the book. But in general terms, there is already no shortage of demonising of people catching a highly contagious and often asymptomatic virus.

Starting a trend of seeking to blame/claim if you catch covid is absolutely not conducive with what any right thinking person is going to have to accept.... Folk will continue catching covid for a good long while, and ultimately once decent vaccine coverage is achieved, it really doesnt matter.

This sort of liability talk feeds into the notion that this is some supernatural or even (tin foil hat klaxon) man made disease that humans didnt deserve and have a right not to catch.

I had this thing in March and there still traces of it lingering on. I occasionally wheeze and my sense of smell is still not right. Don't get me wrong I am healthy but not exactly as before.

f**k knows what the long term effects of this thing are.

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

They are potentially infectious to the 5-10% of people for who the vaccine is not effective.

Utter c***s 

Whilst this is true,  it’s not really that big of deal at this stage,  given that there isn’t enough vaccines currently,  a refusal just means that someone else will get the vaccine and they’ll be the one helping to reduce spread.  In fact in terms of stopping spread it’s probably slightly more beneficial that the vaccine is given to younger population as they will be having more contacts.

Obviously this is based on the assumption that those vaccinated can’t spread/have reduced spread which the pharmaceutical companies aren’t committed too yet.(and presumably can’t properly study until a large percentage of the population is vaccinated.)

28 minutes ago, 101 said:

colour me shocked that the UKg are playing politics with the roll out. 

1, I hope this isn't the case

2, hope it gives everyone involved in Scotland a kick up the arse

I know my wifes practice had prepared for an initial delivery on thursday but nothing came, had plans to vaccinate at the weekend but had to scrap that, still no clarity as to when they’ll receive anything. It is an absolute mess and heads absolutely need to start rolling. 

Same here. Them piping up about vaccinations being dangerous for pregnant women when the medical literature says it isn't is dangerous itself, and needs stamping on.

I’ve a work colleague now who’s peddling very dangerous lies about how the vaccine makes you sterile and lockdown is to scare you into accepting it.

She’s a peddler of juice plus. I’ve also noted everyone who’s agreeing with her are either customers or supporters in the pyramid scheme.

Absolutely not a coincidence in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’ve a work colleague now who’s peddling very dangerous lies about how the vaccine makes you sterile and lockdown is to scare you into accepting it.

She’s a peddler of juice plus. I’ve also noted everyone who’s agreeing with her are either customers or supporters in the pyramid scheme.

Maybe Juice plus has microchips for one of Bill Gates rivals? Jeff Bezos maybe? 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

This is a zoomer and a half. Hopefully phoning the brew in the morning.

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Is the work somewhere her opinion needs to be heard of has influence?