Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Wee Bully said:

Both. 

Fair. I acknowledged the mild hypocrisy of it already, but I think there's a bit of a difference between me cutting through a park while on a cycle and a household of five going to the park for a couple of hours, getting coffees/hot chocolates and sitting on benches where they just happen to 'bump into' other friends.

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

I had this thing in March and there still traces of it lingering on. I occasionally wheeze and my sense of smell is still not right. Don't get me wrong I am healthy but not exactly as before.

f**k knows what the long term effects of this thing are.

This is normal with viruses though, is it not?

I had a horrendous norovirus bug a few years ago and now every winter I have a random week where my guts are fucked.

Read this book yesterday.

A GP based in Edinburgh/Orkney writing about the impact of COVID on his work in period up to October.

He calls it contemporary history. Not quite an instant diary record, but allowed a little bit of time to reflect on some of the mistakes made, and some of the triumphs, whilst clearly leaving the story on the cusp of the second wave and aware of challenges to follow.

Really interesting read.

A long read article which was extended into the book can be found here: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/may/12/gp-doctor-on-how-the-coronavirus-pandemic-has-progressed-edinburghIMG_20210110_004518.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No where near enough police officers to fulfill that function in Scotland. There also isnt border control infrastructure on main routes let alone at Coldstream etc.

Imagine the meltdowns if they actually did it too. "Ur thur no real criminlas u cud bee arrestin?"

This is normal with viruses though, is it not?
I had a horrendous norovirus bug a few years ago and now every winter I have a random week where my guts are fucked.
Pleased to see you have somewhat downgraded our gloomy post viral prospects from bad AIDS to a yearly dose of the shits.....

31 minutes ago, virginton said:

Is there any evidence that this declaration was effectively enforced? There's clearly none to show that is has helped them contain the pandemic, as they've been absolutely riddled with it for months.

It gave me a brilliant excuse to stay out of the office. 

I think it was easier to enforce than the previous rule that stopped travel between Welsh counties. 

South Wales had numbers around 500/100k whereas Somerset and Gloucestershire had  less than 100 and Herefordshire even less. Not sure how it played out in mid or North Wales but i don't think it helped much, or had any noticable impact. 

Anecdotally, in the marches there were people crossing from (dry) Wales to get a pint in the same village. 

I know that some Kentish types got fined for dropping off Christmas presents to Cardiff. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Imagine the meltdowns if they actually did it too. "Ur thur no real criminlas u cud bee arrestin?"

Well we’ve already seen the outcry from people playing the victim on youtube/twitter when one lot of rules are enforced. It seems that plenty people ‘want’ the rules enforced, but believe they are special. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
10 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

They might get a random, no intelligence, stash being trafficked up the M74, presumably that's still happening

https://media.tenor.com/images/9b0688b69b0742e65962864e9ba24ec0/tenor.gif

42 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That was a rip roaring, soar away success. I wonder if it was just the same as SG advice without much practical implementation.

Nothing the Welsh Government has been great. Not advocating "closing" the borderat all, just saying i think it's probably legal. 

BBC News - Covid-19: Rapid tests for asymptomatic people to be rolled out
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55604677

Interesting that despite testing being useless that its now being rolled out on a large scale.

Its almost as if the experts on here are morons.
I'm almost certain you cant quote anyone on here saying testing is useless

16 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

BBC News - Covid-19: Rapid tests for asymptomatic people to be rolled out
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55604677

Interesting that despite testing being useless that its now being rolled out on a large scale.

Its almost as if the experts on here are morons.

The only moron I'm seeing here is the one using Matt Hancock as the gold standard of rational, evidence-led intervention, as opposed to 'tilting at windmills, PR gimmicks'. Can't decide which category this one might fall into!

Edited by vikingTON

The only moron I'm seeing here is the one using Matt Hancock as the gold standard of rational, evidence-led intervention, as opposed to 'tilting at windmills, PR gimmicks'. Can't decide which category this one might fall into!
People on here with zero medical, scientific or science based qualifications have been presenting googled information as if its their own learned knowledge since the start of the pandemic. Its part of their denial and refusal to accept the situation.
To wind up others and refuse to accept being held to account is just a continuation of it. For this reason its now a completely pointless thread. Thanks for that.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Going to try this FB maw stuff.

Takeaway coffee shops doing a roaring trade on Perth Rd in Dundee today including groups congregating at outdoor seating.

Get them shut !!@

Disgusting!

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

People on here with zero medical, scientific or science based qualifications have been presenting googled information as if its their own learned knowledge 

And if it was a plane crash we'd be aero-engineers, a terrorist incident and we all work for MI6. You name it, people will comment "authoritively". Maybe the internet isn't for you.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson