Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Posters: "I am concerned that the emergency powers used to suppress this virus are soon to be abused, by retaining damaging suppression measures way beyond their remit. My concern is that this retention of measures is way more damaging to society than the virus, given the further mitigation offered by multiple vaccines. The main reason for my concern is that they are repeatedly telling us this is what they are going to do, and I am unwilling to take as read peoples assumptions that they are simply being negative to encourage compliance, or that they somehow can't afford to offer any positivity or ideas about how normal life is to be returned"

D.A.F.C: "You's are all just spoiled entitled kids!!!!"!!"

If only posters were so eloquent.

Some of the stuff in the last few days has been bizarre even for this threads standard. These are trying times for everyone, it's good to see him row back but doubling down your criticism seems needlessly petty, imo.

G51 is making some reasonable points but Leitch effectively putting religion a par with education for prioritisation is mental.
Religion hasn't stopped during the pandemic, it's just adapted, like many other things.
Forget non-essential businesses for a second. Social interaction with friends/loved ones should come well before religion.
This.

The problem with this thread is that some are attacking religion when really they should be attacking it being potentially a priority ahead of more important things.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I wished I had your achievements of ... err ... what exactly?

'Not being a fully signed up member and candidate for the Scottish Labour Party' makes not only myself but 99.9% of the forum sitting comfortably above you in terms of achievements champ.

Better luck next time.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

'Not being a fully signed up member and candidate for the Scottish Labour Party' makes not only myself but 99.9% of the forum sitting comfortably above you in terms of achievements champ.

Better luck next time.

That’s what you’ve not achieved.  The question was what have you achieved.

I can understand if you want to avoid answering.

16 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I've noticed this pseudo hardman attitude that every Scottish man between the age of about 45 and 70 has regardless of their background or what they've done in their lives. Is this a hangover of not having fought in a war like the generations before them?

Every single man in that huge age bracket displays the same attitude?

Seriously, the vaulting idiocy on here today is almost impressive.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Some of the stuff in the last few days has been bizarre even for this threads standard. These are trying times for everyone, it's good to see him row back but doubling down your criticism seems needlessly petty, imo.

I don't get personal with D.A.F.C tbh, I've been pretty consistent in my criticism of those who relentlessly defend the government and try to tell folk that wanting restrictions eased as a matter of priority is somehow selfish or impatient.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

That’s what you’ve not achieved.  The question was what have you achieved.

I can understand if you want to avoid answering.

To compare achievements you must actually have some in the first place. 'Being a failed Labour councillor' is down there with 'being in Epstein's little black book' in the opposite category though. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't think you are directing that at me, but just to chime in, I think the message of constant negativity is incredibly stupid. It's either, being done to force compliance despite the fact that they don't believe it, which IMO is dangerous and damaging.

Or, its being done because they are hand wringing roasters who have little to no concept of risk mitigation and the term "reasonably practicable" and accordingly, have lost the fucking plot.

In both of these scenarios, it is my absolute belief that I am right and they are wrong.

Bairnardo,  I think there is a term called "Risk Adverse or Risk Aware"  Risk adverse- you do everything possible to avoid any possible come back even to the point of pissing everyone off! Risk aware- you know what the risk is and balance the risk against pissing everyone off. I'm a risk aware person and I think the governments are risk adverse.

Edited by budmiester1

Just now, virginton said:

To compare achievements you must actually have some in the first place. 'Being a failed Labour councillor' is down there with 'being in Epstein's little black book' in the opposite category though. 

So nothing then other than battering away at a key board, hating the world and crying yourself to sleep.  Fair enough.

17 minutes ago, 101 said:

This.

34 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It makes you accountable unlike no marks on the internet.  If there’s people on here that think they could do a better job why not step up and try to get elected?

I reckon it’s because it’s far easier to sit at a keyboard and criticise than it is do actually do something.

Unfortunately the people currently in the chair were sat there when the music stopped.  That in no way means they are the best people to handle the pandemic as you stated.

There are many intelligent people in the country that, given the information and advice the government have been given, potentially could have produced a better outcome.  There are also many that could have produced a worse outcome (although imo they’d have had to work a lot harder than the former given we, both Scotland and UK, are right up there with the worst outcomes in the world).

if you believe the current management have done a great job and no-one could possibly have done better then you need to open your eyes and start looking at the world around you.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So nothing then other than battering away at a key board, hating the world and crying yourself to sleep.  Fair enough.

Swing and a miss from the geriatric jakey, who lost election when Labour candidates could weigh their votes and challenges people to physical fights on the Internet after his second bottle of Grants every night.

Truly life's sad, pathetic loser in every single category. 

_90011794_tonyf.jpg.038af2a158d1664709649abe5d5b5327.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't get personal with D.A.F.C tbh, I've been pretty consistent in my criticism of those who relentlessly defend the government and try to tell folk that wanting restrictions eased as a matter of priority is somehow selfish or impatient.

You haven't got personal but what makes you think I like how the government is handling this?

Pretty sure I've said its an abomination bordering warranting investigation and criticism. The flip side of trying to open everything and criticise everything the government does is just as daft to me. The government response is so messed up its hard to take anything seriously and I can see why people arent listening now and just doing whatever. Its a total mess and tough for everyone.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know but as lockdown fucks everyone's mental health I can see why DAFC and others snap, sometimes it feels like folk can't wait to get stuck in.