Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I wonder if the early-ish church reopening has anything to do with getting some religious groups vaccinated?

I remember at one of the briefings Johnson held, they said that they were working with religious leaders and other groups to get people in their communities vaccinated where there was some vaccine hesitancy. I think part of the plan was vaccinating at the place of worship. 

I would think that might be the case in some of the other faith groups in Scotland

But its clear they have picked Easter Sunday as the opening date , which will not be the group they are trying to target with that reasoning.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Anyone else thinks this look like hell on earth?

Also anyone going straight back into Wetherspoons deserves 12 months lockdown extension.

I'd be in favour of a phased return of hospitality, with Wetherspoons being the final stage some time in 2047. Everything else can open in 2021.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

I'd be in favour of a phased return of hospitality, with Wetherspoons being the final stage some time in 2047. Everything else can open in 2021.

2047 seems a bit too soon. I would also like to see the owners bank account drained and given to his staff.

7 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

The point about the date being 3 days after the Scotland game may be valid.

Its been pointed out that some of the restrictions at Easter in England with regard to holidays have been timed to be lifted the day the schools return so it looks like an early date but its actually a date no one can then use.

Posted at 14:03

Vaccine 'likely' to protect against all variants - Pfizer boss

The chief scientific officer of viral vaccines at Pfizer says it is likely the company's vaccine protects against all variants of Covid-19 seen to date.

Dr Philip Dormitzer tells the science and technology committee that in real world data from the UK and Israel "we are seeing protection against the UK variant that is equivalent to the protection we saw in controlled trials before that variant was circulating".

He says there is some "reduction in the level of neutralisation" for the South African variant in laboratory tests but says it is not as low as the level at which people were protected under lab conditions and says the data is "quite reassuring".

On the UK's decision to leave a gap between the first and second dose of the jab he says the data is only just starting to come in so there is not a robust picture.

As the manufacturer, Dormitzer says, Pfizer can only recommend using the vaccine as it is authorised but he says other groups have more latitude to make their own recommendations.

Variant mewling:

rubbish-bin-overflowing-with-of-trash-in

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Also anyone going straight back into Wetherspoons deserves 12 months lockdown extension.

I genuinely believe this shite is the reason why folk were so gloomy yesterday.

Boris Johnson - a man with a track record of lying to everyone, including the electorate, throughout his entire political career, has told folk this is what to expect. Or rather - sorry - has carefully cherry-picked his words to allow people to believe this is what to expect.

There's absolutely no way the reaction to Sturgeon was going to be even slightly positive unless she'd come out and announced the pubs and clubs were open this coming weekend and everyone had VIP passes.

12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Why would you want to get rid of the big, open rooms that harbour all the people you don't want in the actual pubs?

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I genuinely believe this shite is the reason why folk were so gloomy yesterday.

Boris Johnson - a man with a track record of lying to everyone, including the electorate, throughout his entire political career, has told folk this is what to expect. Or rather - sorry - has carefully cherry-picked his words to allow people to believe this is what to expect.

There's absolutely no way the reaction to Sturgeon was going to be even slightly positive unless she'd come out and announced the pubs and clubs were open this coming weekend and everyone had VIP passes.

I blame the press he was pretty clear but the press have ditched the "not before" bit and printed "get pushed on this day" of course his cabinet haven't exactly pished on the fires by telling everyone to calm down.

But you're right unless Nicola had an air horn screaming that pubs were open it was always going to be a bit of a "meh" statement she needs to provide clarity quickly but had positioned herself far better than Boris particularly by having the scope to move things forward I guess we all got a very public lesson on the professional differences between a Lawyer and a Journalist, one it is pertinent to add, was sacked for lying.

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

Tune IMO

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Why would a business demand a system that might exclude customers?
Why would they get sued if someone catches covid on their premises? A business isn’t held responsible for a customer catching a respiratory infection from another customer

Businesses will be disciplined to demand it by insurance companies and council licensing. 

Either 100% capacity with the Blair approved Serco Exclusion Infrastructure or 25% if operating a pre Covid entry system. 

Edited by Detournement