Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest bernardblack

“four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.

Assuming that will be in your tier/level which we will find out early March?

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

Aye the new tier 3 will be so much better than the old one, once they get round to scribbling the details on the back of a fag packet first. 

You are beyond gullible. 

Having a socially distanced day out is subject to fines by the police swarming around two of the three forms of transport you mention (though not the disease-riddled buses that cause the problem).

The idea that we must stay at home by legal requirement until April the fucking fifth is utterly risible. 

846A2992-A497-4938-A910-214B02A72768.gif

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The "grassroot" sports have always been a shambles up here during these lockdowns/tiers. I know they dont class them as grassroot level but I'd imagine League 1 and 2 and the Womens league will be shelved. Kinda annoying when England leagues (including the women) are still playing 

The semi-professional leagues in England are not playing and even the National League has clubs refusing to play and bunging their squads on furlough because it's pointless to do so. 

The seaside leagues should be panned altogether, I don't see why they'll get a magical exemption from the stay at home order so that will be the middle of April before a game can be realistically held. 

Saying we are planning for Covid elimination when nobody else in Europe is is spectacularly fucking stupid. 

By the looks of it Sturgeon seems to think the summer reduction in virus levels is going to see her receive the same kind of fawning praise as last summer. And while there is no doubt her courtiers will blow smoke up her arse if we get to the middle of April and we are the only place in Europe you can't get a pint (again) there is going to be a lot of anger. 

Edited by Detournement

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I remember being on a train in early September heading out for dinner hearing that household visiting in my LA was to be banned.

By the start of the last week in April, it will be 34 weeks, with the exception of 1 day, since i've been allowed to enter my parents' house.

Same here, except I didn't have that 1 day exception (my fault) as I didnt really agree with it, and rather stupidly thought I could visit late jan/early Feb. Judging by the stream of visitors some in my street have, it's clear people are just thinking 'f**k it'.

“four people from two households allowed to meet outdoors from 15 March.
Assuming that will be in your tier/level which we will find out early March?
She said initially all in level 4 will go to level 3 on wc 26 April and all in level 3 go to 2.

My guess is that she'll maybe go further as surely cases etc will allow a quicker drop and get a nice wee pre election boost.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

She better no be! Few posters on here will accuse her of being a Tory. :lol: 

H_B already does that.

Disappointing that we're not lifting restrictions any faster but this is near enough the same thing Johnson announced yesterday, yet he's 'giving people hope' or some shite while Sturgeon is dashing it. Hypocrites everywhere.

4 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I'm angry because the Government of this country has seen a global pandemic as an opportunity for profit. 

I'm angry because the Prime Minister was responsible for tens of thousands of unnecessary deaths because one of his scriptwriters had come uo with a weak gag he wanted to see on the Mail front page. 

I'm angry because the Health Secretary has been found guilty in the high court of acting unlawfully, and says he won't resign. And the media shrug thir shoulders and move on to what Harry 'n' Megan are up to.

I'm angry because a massive court decision has handed some rights to Uber drivers (and by extension a shitload of other "gig economy" workers) and not one mainstream outlet  has attempted to open a debate about what this is going to mean for employment and the future of the economy. Mainly, I think, because the concept of workers getting some rights which should be undeniable may mean the companies relying on them can no longer make profits, therefore rendering them ex-workers is seen as a bit complex. 

I'm angry because the whole system is crashing about our ears, and the Government has no clue, idea or desire to anything about it. 

I'm angry because there's more concern about haircuts, football and schools than there is about the collapse of our entire society.

And finally, I'm angry because the majority of posters on here are more concerned with point-scoring than they are about the real-life catastrophe looming over the horizon. 

That's what will happen - rights, no job v no rights, job

6 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Mate, young kids round here have been going to organised football training all through this lockdown. And it's clear on today's announcement that even 12-17 can train I think from mid-March? Do you mean it's a league club or something so they're not operating atm? 

Yeah its a league club. The rules are that under 12s can play non contact sports. Football is allowed but has to be non-contact (so just passing drills and no more really) Football is ultimately a contact sport, and furthermore kids at that age are going to have contact with one another no matter what.  So the right thing (although you've had hand forced really) to do is to stop playing football. I know some clubs have continued on a non-contact basis, but I can't help but think that the 'non-contact' element goes out the window after five minutes

Likewise around here, there's a local facilty which seems to be very busy every day. Presumably with 'non contact football' (Neil Lennon air apostrophes there)

18 minutes ago, G51 said:

Scotland will ultimately follow England. There is no way in hell any political party is going to subject people to a lockdown when a) lockdowns are becoming incredibly unpopular, and b) the country right next door with almost identical data has taken the handbrake off.

You seem to have forgotten the pointless extended lockdown that the government of *checks notes* Nicola Sturgeon set up for Scotland in the early summer of 2020. Which has made all the difference in the world.

4 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

846A2992-A497-4938-A910-214B02A72768.gif

Enjoy losing to fucking Clyde again next season. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

She said initially all in level 4 will go to level 3 on wc 26 April and all in level 3 go to 2.

My guess is that she'll maybe go further as surely cases etc will allow a quicker drop and get a nice wee pre election boost.
Hopefully. Selfish AF but I've got 10 days' Hillwalking in shite weather in West Highlands to look forward to in mid May.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

H_B already does that.

Disappointing that we're not lifting restrictions any faster but this is near enough the same thing Johnson announced yesterday, yet he's 'giving people hope' or some shite while Sturgeon is dashing it. Hypocrites everywhere.

My problem with it isn't so much the content of what was said (though tiers coming back is a fucking stupid idea) it's that it was not nearly far reaching enough. 

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Saying we are planning for Covid elimination when nobody else in Europe is is spectacularly fucking stupid. 

By the looks of it Sturgeon seems to think the summer reduction in virus levels is going to see her receive the same kind of fawning praise as last summer. And while there is no doubt her courtiers will blow smoke up her arse if we get to the middle of April and we are the only place in Europe you can't get a pint (again) there is going to be a lot of anger. 

NS problem is shes listened to absolute fantatists like Leitch and the even more obnoxious Devi, rather than actual virologists. Her head has been filled with nonsense utopia and shes now blinded by it as well

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

The semi-professional leagues in England are not playing and even the National League has clubs refusing to play and bunging their squads on furlough because it's pointless to do so. 

The seaside leagues should be panned altogether, I don't see why they'll get a magical exemption from the stay at home order so that will be the middle of April before a game can be realistically held. 

The "seaside leagues" were already exempt when this lockdown began on Boxing day. The were only suspended as a result of the surge in cases within the 2 weeks that followed.