Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Tynierose said:

You realise the NHS Scotland rise comes from our government, not Westminster 

Scotland gets the same as well?

Wow, ffs

Don't buy the lucky to have a job they've been through hell and had to do it without proper protection and equipment. This seems naive but for once I thought the government would do the right thing. Not sure i want to vote snp now if this is what they've done. I want independence but this is messed up.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

Let's go further if we're playing that game.

It was announced against the agreement of partnership and against the wishes of Unions.   It was against the fundamental agreement that STAC is based upon.  It was not fucking negotiated it was imposed.

There was no discussion over the announcement.  It was imposed by the Scottish Government . We await discussions continuing regarding the multi year deal.

Mind clap though ...

But you should be getting a back dated pay deal at some point obviously not ideal but industrial action is open to the union, but if you say they are hopeless then sadly not much you can do but await the full multi year deal.

I'm still out with my sauce pan and wooden spoon mate

14 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Pro rata and less tax m9.  The consultant on 100k got same as front line worker in covid hub on 28k a year.  Seems fair.

Its devolved, nhs Scotland can give whatever they want pay wise its not controlled by England. 

If you look at AFC pay scales Scotland is slightly higher than England so they have options to do what they want

Doesn't help unions are shite and as a former national board member of Britain's largest nurse union I know they're shite.

SG are making nosies that they will look at it in the weeks ahead.

Are you saying there was a “baseline” of £500 and this increased the more you earned, so the £100k consultant got close to £2k?  I remember the £500 announcement but didn’t look at it beyond that.

I'd far rather we pumped as much as we can into making money than throw it into areas that make us nowt. 

Getting more cash off the tax avoiders wouldn't go wrong either. 

8 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Empty platitudes by Scottish and UK governments as usual on healthcare workers.   Pay them what they're worth.  Comments like open to industrial action from union are bull.

Healthcare workers are infamous for taking a shafting due to duty of care to patients. They would never strike, something governments are acutely aware of.

Hope you get a decent pay rise mate, genuinely, because it's going to take months and years to clear the backlog and get back to some kind of normality. @ayrmad is right the limitless cash that's on two just now should be getting pumped into the health care system.

BBC Radio Scotland giving massive attention to the Euros story this morning.  They've had Div and some Tartan Army bloke on and now it's Henry McLeish.

I find the nature of the story odd.  I'm not saying it's based on nothing at all, but it's absolutely characterised by an absence of official quotes.  The only real one that seems to have appeared, cropped up yesterday:  "Uefa told The Irish Times that it is 'committed to holding Euro 2020 across 12 European cities, according to the schedule agreed last summer. There are no other plans being pursued.'"

And yet, the story gets to dominate this morning.  It's a bit absurd.  I'm not buying into the idea that the BBC is attacking the SG.  I do wonder though if Chris McLaughlin has arrived at a sniff of a hint of something, and it's simply being escalated in pursuit of a story, even if it requires some manufacturing.

Now they're reading out texts hysterical enough to be posts on here.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I won't be holding my breath that's for sure.  In my twenty odd years doing the job what have I seen...

Retirement age rise twice,  Increased pension contributions for less actual return,  recurrent attack on terms and conditions,  a public sector pay freeze,  years of below inflation rises,  increased registration costs for a useless governing body, increased union costs for organistations interested in well themelves really.  

...Staffing levels continue to drop, the amount of people leaving or planning to change career is rising and its no surprise really.   Long hours, stressful job, increasing workloads, verbal abuse most days, there has to be easier things to do and I can honestly say I wouldn't recommend a career in healthcare to any young person considering it.

Most of that would apply across most public sector jobs.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

BBC Radio Scotland giving massive attention to the Euros story this morning.  They've had Div and some Tartan Army bloke on and now it's Henry McLeish.

I find the nature of the story odd.  I'm not saying it's based on nothing at all, but it's absolutely characterised by an absence of official quotes.  The only real one that seems to have appeared, cropped up yesterday:  "Uefa told The Irish Times that it is 'committed to holding Euro 2020 across 12 European cities, according to the schedule agreed last summer. There are no other plans being pursued.'"

And yet, the story gets to dominate this morning.  It's a bit absurd.  I'm not buying into the idea that the BBC is attacking the SG.  I do wonder though if Chris McLaughlin has arrived at a sniff of a hint of something, and it's simply being escalated in pursuit of a story, even if it requires some manufacturing.

Now they're reading out texts hysterical enough to be posts on here.

From what I can understand, UEFA's deadline of the start of April still stands.  The Scottish government have (apparently) said that at this moment in time (the start of March) they can't give any commitments, but nothing has been changed with regards to UEFA's April deadline?

RTE have't got it as a headline on their website either, you have to go back a bit to find it.  There the only thing that suggest any sort of change is this quote:

"However, UEFA has stated that there will be a requirement to have fans inside the stadium at all venues and has moved the deadline to submit such plans to early April."

Maybe we're all on edge a bit just now (myself included) and the media are just feeding off that as in generates content and clicks. 

10 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Pro rata and less tax m9.  The consultant on 100k got same as front line worker in covid hub on 28k a year.  Seems fair.

Its devolved, nhs Scotland can give whatever they want pay wise its not controlled by England. 

If you look at AFC pay scales Scotland is slightly higher than England so they have options to do what they want

Doesn't help unions are shite and as a former national board member of Britain's largest nurse union I know they're shite.

SG are making nosies that they will look at it in the weeks ahead.

Scottish Government weren't allowed to waive the tax on the Scottish bonus, that was England's decision. 

4 minutes ago, super_carson said:

From what I can understand, UEFA's deadline of the start of April still stands.  The Scottish government have (apparently) said that at this moment in time (the start of March) they can't give any commitments, but nothing has been changed with regards to UEFA's April deadline?

RTE have't got it as a headline on their website either, you have to go back a bit to find it.  There the only thing that suggest any sort of change is this quote:

"However, UEFA has stated that there will be a requirement to have fans inside the stadium at all venues and has moved the deadline to submit such plans to early April."

Maybe we're all on edge a bit just now (myself included) and the media are just feeding off that as in generates content and clicks. 

I suspect your last line is right. 

Manufacturing anxiety and division is hardly an admirable editorial stance in a public service broadcaster.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suspect your last line is right. 

Manufacturing anxiety and division is hardly an admirable editorial stance in a public service broadcaster.

McLaughlin was definitely tapping his nose on the lunchtime news yesterday, talking about conversations he'd had, and how he'd characterise things as bleak (his words). 

Not much happening in the world, so they've got to fill the time with something 

Edited by madwullie

The Scottish Government should really be able to commit to whatever UEFA want the crowd to be, and it concerns me that they won’t. We’ll be the joint-most vaccinated country in Europe at the time, personally I don’t see a full-house being a problem but for ‘safety’ we can categorically say 10-20k would be no hassle. We can impose any sort of criteria for attendance - fully-vaccinated, partially vaccinated, lateral flow tests, whatever we fancy.

They can also of course coat a commitment in all sorts of caveats, as every other host nation will be doing. It surely won’t be much of a surprise if some games end up behind closed doors at a late stage. But a vague commitment to 10,000 fans who live in Scotland shouldn’t be a problem at all at this stage. We could hand-pick 10,000 fully vaccinated people out the population right now for the qualifier against Austria this month, if we had the desire to.

I’m pretty sure it’ll all work out fine, but if there’s any truth to it, it does concern me a bit. Johnson’s public bullshit about the end coming was always undermined by extensions of furlough, and the public bullishness of ministers right now is undermined a touch by seemingly refusing to commit to small crowds in June.