Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The reactions to every rumour, speculation, social media post and press article appears to get more extreme by the day.

Anything positive is lauded with cigars and anything negative gets the P&B equivalent of a pile on. All this whether the actual article generating the reaction is factually right, wrong or indifferent.

The recent pattern has been one of the pile on only for everyone to pick themselves up off said pile one at a time, dust themselves down and then light up a cigar as the initial story turns out to be just that, a story. It must be the light getting brighter and bigger at the end of the tunnel effect.

21 minutes ago, madwullie said:

He (the BBC reporter) literally said, and I'm  quoting, that the "date has been drastically brought forward". 

Why were UEFA happy to wait till April then are (according to the BBC) demanding the decision be made earlier? Are there other countries willing to guarantee now that will take our place - because if April was plenty of time before, I can't see why they still can't wait till April for the decision. 

Perhaps UEFA took another look at the logistics of reshuffling a pan-European international tournament at two months' notice and thought 'nope, we actually need a clearer idea of this sooner than we anticipated'. Which is entirely their right to demand, given that they're tasked with running the tournament.

Why you think that this is an inexplicable and scandalous imposition is beyond me, other than for your usual M.O. of white knighting the government's stance on anything and everything of course. 

Edited by vikingTON

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

They are not looking for a cast iron guarantee that you will let fans in. If a variant runs rampant in the month of May they would be well within their rights to pull back. To outright say no rather than give an indication that all going well they expect to be able to allow x number of fans is not acceptable. 

As a few have said though, the deadline is a month away so let’s actually judge it once we get there.

The point was that not saying now if thousands of fans won't be able to watch a football match in 3 months is a massive restriction of rights and freedoms. Given you're not allowed 5 miles out your own LA, can barely have 8 people at a funeral, and all but essential shops are closed and potentially going out of business, I think that's just a bit hysterical, and saying that isn't trivialising anything tbh

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye im that entrenched that I was a member of the snp and have voted for them all my adult life and praised openly NS’ performance yesterday on this very website and have on quite a few issues. Its not my fault you and a few others on here cannae take that your party is making a james hunt of the response to this pandemic. In the absence of a catastrophe there should be no reasonable argument against getting fans in to Hampden for June. 

You have let Devi and Leitch get so under your skin that you're completely entrenched the other way. You were on this non story like a dog at a bag of chips becusee it gave you the chance to put the boot in. Trivialising people's rights and freedoms. Calm down. 

Yes, astonishing that people are getting increasingly pissed off after three fucking months* of lockdown. 

Cases, hospitalisations, deaths all flying down. 30% of the UK's population has had at least one dose of the vaccine. Increasing evidence that the vaccines work being published. 

The good times are coming back soon. 

*three months minimum. Some have been living under harsher restrictions for longer. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Perhaps UEFA took another look at the logistics of reshuffling a pan-European international tournament at two months' notice and thought 'nope, we actually need a clearer idea of this sooner than we anticipated'. Which is entirely their right to demand, given that they're tasked with running the tournament.

Why you think that this is an inexplicable and scandalous imposition is beyond me, other than for your usual M.O. of white knighting the government's stance on anything and everything of course. 

Lone behold, its not like you to hysterically hyperbolise to make a non-point. I make that, erm, 0-0 after some trademark wild flailing from your good self. 

Just now, madwullie said:

Lone behold, its not like you to hysterically hyperbolise to make a non-point. I make that, erm, 0-0 after some trademark wild flailing from your good self. 

^^^ word salad

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

You have let Devi and Leitch get so under your skin that you're completely entrenched the other way. You were on this non story like a dog at a bag of chips becusee it gave you the chance to put the boot in. Trivialising people's rights and freedoms. Calm down. 

Yes, imagine letting the policy advisers who have been wheeled out by the government at every turn annoy you. Hahahahaha should totally grow up and learn to read between the lines eh

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The reactions to every rumour, speculation, social media post and press article appears to get more extreme by the day.

Anything positive is lauded with cigars and anything negative gets the P&B equivalent of a pile on. All this whether the actual article generating the reaction is factually right, wrong or indifferent.

The recent pattern has been one of the pile on only for everyone to pick themselves up off said pile one at a time, dust themselves down and then light up a cigar as the initial story turns out to be just that, a story. It must be the light getting brighter and bigger at the end of the tunnel effect.

Haha totally. 

"Aha, I knew this was the case all along." "They changed their minds because of us." 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes, imagine letting the policy advisers who have been wheeled out by the government at every turn annoy you. Hahahahaha should totally grow up and learn to read between the lines eh

No mate, just calm down a bit and see what actually happens rather than believing whatever click bait that comes along that tallies with your prejudices. 

Fucking hell - things are looking better than they've done for months, yet every day on here there's a new (non) crisis that people are getting genuinely spittle-flecked furious about, that turns out not to be a crisis. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Amazed that UEFA aren't willing to accept 'data not dates!!!111!!!' as a credible answer from the SG in trying to organise their own tournament, if only the dentist could take a week off Off the Ball and jet out to Switzerland to persuade them.

It's almost like businesses and events need to be able to plan. The clueless clowns in Government are probably expecting UEFA and others to know precisely when Mount Florida will be below five cases per 100,000 and that there's less than three auld biddies in Glasgow Royal Infirmary.

The decision was scheduled to be made around now, however UEFA themselves delayed it a month until April to allow more time, they done that a few weeks ago.

No update yet today people.  

Update - Tableau Engineers continue to investigating the issue preventing users from viewing and interacting with Tableau Public. Next update will be when new information becomes available.
Mar 4, 14:27 UTC

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

No mate, just calm down a bit and see what actually happens rather than believing whatever click bait that comes along that tallies with your prejudices. 

Fucking hell - things are looking better than they've done for months, yet every day on here there's a new (non) crisis that people are getting genuinely spittle-flecked furious about, that turns out not to be a crisis. 

Sorry m8, but this is patronising "I'm handling the pandemic better than you, let me now advise you what to think" nonsense