Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If people seriously base their vote on whether they can personally attend a fitba match or not, then by God we've got problems......

It’s quite clearly not that simple though, more a sign of an overall ridiculous approach affecting people’s lives.

If people seriously base their vote on whether they can personally attend a fitba match or not, then by God we've got problems......

Shocked that the SNPs hatred of all things football is causing them to be viewed less favourably on *checks url* a Scottish football forum tbh.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My thoughts exactly and going by some of the reaction on here it would appear to be working.

Unless the BBC also write articles for the Irish Examiner, then this is a classic example of automatically dismissing anything and everything which doesn't blow smoke up the arse of the SG as anti SG propaganda.

Edited by Todd_is_God

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm not entirely sure that ANY country can give "assurances", name me a country in Europe which is currently allowing fans or that have any immediate plans to allow fans ?

Yes, we all know about Bojo's "irreversible" dates which are then followed by the caveat of "nothing is guaranteed", so Yes, while things are currently looking very good here in terms of the vaccine and the daily infections, I really don't see how any Government will be in a situation to provide "assurances" at this stage.

You could be forgiven for thinking this was political..........

Aye, UEFA are doing this to discredit the SNP government.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

It’s quite clearly not that simple though, more a sign of an overall ridiculous approach affecting people’s lives.

This same "ridiculous approach" is being taken by ALL Governments though and would also be by Ross or Sarwar were they ever likely to gain power.

You can roll out the "Devi" talk or the "clownshoes" as you all put it as often as you like, however it doesn't change the fact that they're just following the same advice / route as everyone else.

If you think this is outrageous, then I guess the question you should be asking is Why the global conspiracy ???

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It will be the ultimate minter for the SG if their mewling "we just don't know" approach sees Scotland games at a major finals moved a couple of hours down the road from Hampden and tens of thousands of fans are allowed in.

It will be a bigger minter if we allow it to be played up here against advice. 

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You know quite blatantly well that trivialising people’s concerns about massive restrictions upon their lives which will at that point be absolutely unnecessary is just an snp fan boy tactic. Look mate if you think they’re doing just a swell job and love making your own sunshine etc then fine, batter in. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Aye, UEFA are doing this to discredit the SNP government.

So, has every other country given these "assurances" then ???

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

This same "ridiculous approach" is being taken by ALL Governments though and would also be by Ross or Sarwar were they ever likely to gain power.

Clearly not, though. Else they wouldn't have picked out three of the twelve venues as being at risk.

UEFA are obviously hearing positive vibes from 9 Governments, and are ready to cut ties with those they see as mucking them about in favour of selling tickets elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

Amazed that UEFA aren't willing to accept 'data not dates!!!111!!!' as a credible answer from the SG in trying to organise their own tournament, if only the dentist could take a week off Off the Ball and jet out to Switzerland to persuade them.

Unless someone was winding me up, I believe he said on Off the Ball last weekend that it was "possible" that games could be moved to eg Pittodrie if case numbers were too high in Glasgow come the summer.

(This seems so mental that it must be a wind up now I think on it)

Edited by Marshmallo

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You know quite blatantly well that trivialising people’s concerns about massive restrictions upon their lives which will at that point be absolutely unnecessary is just an snp fan boy tactic. Look mate if you think they’re doing just a swell job and love making your own sunshine etc then fine, batter in. 

Having no football fans at an international tournament is really shit - it doesn't really qualify as massive restrictions on people's lives though 

6 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You can roll out the "Devi" talk or the "clownshoes" as you all put it as often as you like, however it doesn't change the fact that they're just following the same advice / route as everyone else.

If you think this is outrageous, then I guess the question you should be asking is Why the global conspiracy ???

Umm they’re not falling the same approach, given everyone else has been able to suggest they will be able to accommodate crowds for the Euro’s. 

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

So, has every other country given these "assurances" then ???

Yes, they must have done, which is why Dublin, Glasgow and Bilbao have been singled out. A simple bit of background reading would have cleared that up.

I'm not on twitter or facebook and was only going by the tweet posted here. 

There was nothing in that tweet or this discussion which mentioned either Dublin or Bilbao until now, so again it's not just us obviously.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Umm they’re not falling the same approach, given everyone else has been able to suggest they will be able to accommodate crowds for the Euro’s. 

You know EXACTLY what I'm getting at.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

There was nothing in that tweet or this discussion which mentioned either Dublin or Bilbao until now, so again it's not just us obviously.

I have only heard about it from here, and Dublin and Bilbao have been mentioned multiple times. I am not going to bother going back to find it though.

So you're basically saying that you were happy to chuck about baseless criticism of the BBC despite having done exactly zero research or factchecking. I think that says more about you than it does about them.