Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, AllSaint said:

Speaking from experience, none of the dozen or so who attend our group are to blame for their weight issues in my opinion. 

My word.

22 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Whatever you think about the best way to deal with the obesity crisis, I’m sure we can all agree that "stay at home, strictly only one piece of exercise allowed a day, going to the supermarket may  kill your granny, but here’s all the takeaway available at the tip of your fingers - happy lockdown!" might be some of the worst public health advice in recorded history.

As soon as we began to understand that outdoor transmission was very low risk, promoting exercise should’ve been the very first thing the UK + Scot gov did. Instead they put the fear of god into people and, to the surprise of absolutely fucking no c**t, they’ve stayed on their sofa and possibly widened the parameters of Britain’s obesity crisis.

It has been a year in and I am still amazed by the number of take away deliveries that are made during the day. 

A couple of years ago when the just eat thing was kicking off big style I remember being in a greasy spoon getting a roll and this cafe sending out breakfast rolls and cups of tea via delivery before 8am. 

4 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Good for them?...

Comments section will no doubt be very different than if "over-80s" was changed to "under-30s"

Distinct lack of "selfish" "covidiot" and "😡😡😡"

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:
13 minutes ago, HibsFan said:
Good for them?...

Good for them aye but hardly likely to keep younger folk on side considering the sacrifices and rules the majority have made and played by the last year.

To be honest god help any younger folk who are to still following this pile of lazy, hastily-written, rushed through shite that we call restrictions. If people aren’t bending/breaking them even a little bit then I worry about their critical thought facilities. 

Edited by HibsFan

Why do people think that poorer people and people who are black are more likely to be obese and overweight in the UK?

Less intelligence/knowledge on how to shop for a health lifestyle when it’s easier just to pick up a Lasagne ready meal and chocolate pudding.

Eating healthy ISN’T very expensive with a little effort.

31 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Good for them?...

Yup, only utter sociopaths wouldn't expect any normal human being to take this course of action.

18 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

To be honest god help any younger folk who are to still following this pile of lazy, hastily-written, rushed through shite that we call restrictions. If people aren’t bending/breaking them even a little bit then I worry about their critical thought facilities. 

Boy at my work has followed them to the letter throughout and is one of those 'you could be killing others by being asymptomatic if you break the rules' types.

A true lost cause for fitting into a rational, pragmatic society.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

As has been covered about a million times a narrative such as the one you harp on about is not conducive to people losing weight and should it be ever become a main stream opinion would contribute to enormous mental health pressure on the NHS and if their mental health is fucked they are hardly likely to be successful in tackling their weight.

You know what narrative has really failed to deal with the crisis? This 'it's not your fault, you've got a hidden addiction to doughnuts' claim, tied with the utterly moronic 'big is beautiful' drivel that haw abdicated all personal responsibility over the past twenty years. A society that not only accepts and encourages obese adults to do f**k all to change their habits, but also lets parents build up their children as mini-blimps without calling that out for what it is: child neglect. If the child was an anorexic waif then we wouldn't think twice about calling in social services, but giving them KFC daily and letting them waddle their way into a lifetime of chronic ill-health is given the green light by our permissive society.

RpaYRMeapf0X.gif.6862e537e2add589002e47006d6e3f2f.gif

Society needs to treat fatties like smokers: second class citizens who do not have the right to bring their disgusting habits wherever they please, and are subject to penalties. Either a fat tax on overall income (slapping it on products is regressive) or alternatively a health benefit/deduction for the non-obese. Social pressure is the only way out of this cul-de-sac though, so we can drop this 'mental health' objection. 

I would have expected some understanding from someone who didn't exactly take kindly to having your own looks put to public trial on here before you got them erased from the site.

Well no, the only person who got a picture of some random person erased from the site was a moderator for breaking the site rules. Cold hard reality seems to pressing on a nerve though. 

57 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Good for them?...

This further backs up my rage that we've locked down the entire country for a year to protect these old c***s and most of them don't give a f**k.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

As has been covered about a million times a narrative such as the one you harp on about is not conducive to people losing weight and should it be ever become a main stream opinion would contribute to enormous mental health pressure on the NHS and if their mental health is fucked they are hardly likely to be successful in tackling their weight.

I would have expected some understanding from someone who didn't exactly take kindly to having your own looks put to public trial on here before you got them erased from the site. 

Don't think many on here needed images to know what he's like on the inside or outside, heaven help those with a better veneer that need his input to get on in life. 

He's like the addiction counsellor that thinks all addicts are scumbags. 

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going to be class watching the Scotland games that should be at Hampden getting moved to London, then seeing thousands of people in the stadium watching it.

The entire country vaccinated, in summer, an outdoor event and with social distancing. 

The SG can get to absolute f**k if they even attempt this. There is literally no reason that 20 odd thousand local fans couldn’t go.