Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, 101 said:

So you say but lots of pictures of random people are posted on this forum, to my limited knowledge very few are removed. People shouldn't have their image shared without their permission but I don't think posters can ask for images of random people to be taken off the site unless of course it's a NSFW picture outwith the relevant section but I believe this wasn't the case in this instance.

I have met VT (once, a long time ago) and would be 99% certain that the picture posted claiming to be him was in fact not him. However, anyone posting a picture claiming it was another poster would very quickly have it removed by the mods because it's absolute fucking oddball behaviour.

31 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Maybe educate the parents and child on the risks of this - ie far increased risk of heart disease and premature death

I don't believe the parents would be unaware of that. And the child isn't in a position to make a choice about which drive-thru they get their dinner from.

We opening the gyms again or what. My lifestyle has taken a bit of a dive since they shut. I was more inclined to cook, eat better and generally look after myself better before the gyms were forced to close. Since then I exercise a lot less, and generally suffer from a lethargy and can't be arsed cooking some nights at all. Entirely in my own gift to do all of these things but it is clear to me that gyms should be an absolute priority to open to the public asap.

47 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Maybe educate the parents and child on the risks of this - ie far increased risk of heart disease and premature death

I think people sometimes underestimate the workload social work has. If every child a few pounds too heavy was referred to social work, nothing would ever get done. 

In reality, in situations such as these - schools probably play the most important role, whether that’s referring on to an external organisation or themselves educating on lifestyle choices. I know council who authorities run healthy eating/exercise interventions etc. 

*Clears cigar smoke out the road*

24 deaths of people who had tested positive for Covid have been registered in Scotland since yesterday. 500 new cases (2.5% tests), 726 people in hospital (-24 ), 69 patients in ICU (-1)

5 minutes ago, GiGi said:

We opening the gyms again or what. My lifestyle has taken a bit of a dive since they shut. I was more inclined to cook, eat better and generally look after myself better before the gyms were forced to close. Since then I exercise a lot less, and generally suffer from a lethargy and can't be arsed cooking some nights at all. Entirely in my own gift to do all of these things but it is clear to me that gyms should be an absolute priority to open to the public asap.

There's been quite a few gym owners I know making this point. Undoubtedly they are concerned about their businesses, but I read an article from UK Active that reported a covid rate of 0.34 per 100,000 visits, and that's considering the gyms in England reopened 2 months before they did in Scotland.  They've made a fair point that they can be part of a positive change in attitudes towards health coming out of all of this but it seemed to fall on deaf ears up here.  

They do benefit mental health for many, but it also gives an opportunity for the SG to prove that they're serious about tackling obesity.  It's a societal attitude problem, and treating physical activity as a priority might help send the message that a healthy lifestyle is essential.  It's completely mental that obesity is not only responsible for 23% of deaths in Scotland but also the main underlying health issue in covid-deaths and yet you can't go to the gym but can get McDonald's straight to your door.  That's hardly going to promote a change in our attitude to healthy eating and exercise.    

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

This further backs up my rage that we've locked down the entire country for a year to protect these old c***s and most of them don't give a f**k.

You keep saying this but it wasn’t just “these old c***s” we locked down to protect. 

6 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So no fans at games at Hampden for the Euro’s but England will have full capacity :lol: 

Sounds like SG not wanting to have to make a commitment, which is pretty much what they've criticised the Tories down south for (in terms of putting dates on things, anyway).  Can't imagine this being too popular...

Edited by super_carson

So no fans at games at Hampden for the Euro’s but England will have full capacity [emoji38] 

"It doesn't look good."

Not sure what this "source" is looking at because it looks fucking great from where I'm sitting.

Cases down. Positivity rate down. R number down. Hospital numbers down. ICU numbers down. Vaccination numbers up.

BUT WE JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!!

Just now, super_carson said:

Sounds like SG not wanting to have to make a commitment, which is pretty much what they've criticised the Tories down south for (in terms of putting dates on things, anyway).  Can't imagine this being too popular...

This could lead to a bit of hand forcing.

And rightly so - its time to get sensible. Fans should be able to go to those games- and in meaningful numbers.

Personally I think its heading towards the Cup Final will have a meaningful number of fans, as will the Hampden games.

12 minutes ago, Rugster said:

You keep saying this but it wasn’t just “these old c***s” we locked down to protect. 

I know. I'm being slightly glib.