Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

In the radio (BBC Scotland) just now that there was an April deadline where govts had to decide if fans would be allowed. This has now been "drastically" moved forward, to the extent that Glasgow and Dublin's prospects for holding these are "bleak".

While I agree that the trends just now look like it shouldn't be an issue, there's something not right about uefa putting this pressure on - I'd like to know why this deadline *had* to be moved till now if April had previously been fine. 

Is that definitely the case or just speculation.  If an April decision was fine for an event in June a few months ago then why would they need an answer now for an event that is still taking place in June.  Nah, I think this is scaremongering from the BBC - the way the figures are moving I would be confident that by April we would be in a good place to announce that fans can attend Hampden in June.  I suspect it would be home fans only so why the rush to get a decision?

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

In the radio (BBC Scotland) just now that there was an April deadline where govts had to decide if fans would be allowed. This has now been "drastically" moved forward, to the extent that Glasgow and Dublin's prospects for holding these are "bleak".

While I agree that the trends just now look like it shouldn't be an issue, there's something not right about uefa putting this pressure on - I'd like to know why this deadline *had* to be moved till now if April had previously been fine. 

It was originally meant to be March. Maybe UEFA are sufficiently satisfied that 9 of the 12 venues are likely to have significant numbers of fans and are looking to get a commitment from the other 3 to give time to source 3 alternate venues if required.

They won't want 1 or 2 venues with significantly lower capacity limits than the rest.

Edited by Todd_is_God

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It was originally meant to be March. Maybe UEFA are sufficiently satisfied that 9 of the 12 venues are likely to have significant numbers of fans and are looking to get a commitment from the other 3 to give time to source 3 alternate venues if required.

They won't want 1 or 2 venues with significantly lower capacity limits than the rest.

it's exactly this.  they want to ensure games are played at venues where fans are allowed so they can bring in more revenue.

5 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Is that definitely the case or just speculation.  If an April decision was fine for an event in June a few months ago then why would they need an answer now for an event that is still taking place in June.  Nah, I think this is scaremongering from the BBC - the way the figures are moving I would be confident that by April we would be in a good place to announce that fans can attend Hampden in June.  I suspect it would be home fans only so why the rush to get a decision?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40237511.html

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

it's exactly this.  they want to ensure games are played at venues where fans are allowed so they can bring in more revenue.

Its their tournament tbf. Well within their rights to tell us to shit or get off the pot

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The SNP are well aware that committing to fans in stadiums right now goes against the cautious approach they're following, "data not dates", even if they do think it will be possible. They are also football hating weirdos though so it could be entirely possible they're standing their ground just to spite fans.  We must hope that sense prevails but Sturgeon will take a hell of a pounding if she's the reason these games get moved. 

I guess theres never going to be a grown up conversation in that case then, because they clearly do not have the stones to address the wailing wains with their " how come they're allowed to at the fitbaw but we cany dae whit we want"  with a very clear and concise " because one is low risk and the other is high, end of fuckin story"

1 minute ago, Left Back said:

Exactly. If 9 of the venues are saying "all being well we are aiming for 25% / 50%" already, and the SG are humming and hawing, talking about "maybe 2,000" then there is no point in UEFA waiting a month.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Exactly. If 9 of the venues are saying "all being well we are aiming for 25% / 50%" already, and the SG are humming and hawing, talking about "maybe 2,000" then there is no point in UEFA waiting a month.

England are only saying 10% before 21st June

Just looked at the article - so i says UEFA need a plan by 7th April - so plenty time for things to change and for fans (whatever number?) to be allowed into Hampden

If no one has posted regarding return to school for S1 to S3s.  This is what i got this morning from Madras College in St Andrews.   60% of their pupils as a sidenote are bussed into school.
A holding email still suggesting plans still not thought through and this was a last minute change.  The bold part is an interesting "climbdown".
You will be aware the First Minister announced earlier this week that there will be a planned, phased return to secondary school learning.  At present, a small number of senior pupils in priority practical subjects have been accessing in school, face to face learning from the 22nd February. This has been working well.   The First Minister announced that from the 15th March all learners in S1-S6 will have some face-to-face teaching in the two weeks running up to the Easter holidays (w/c 15th and 22nd March). She also stated that two metre physical distancing will be in place from the 15th March till Easter for all members of the school community. Face coverings should always be worn, unless exempt. This places considerable restrictions on the number of learners who can be accommodated in school during these weeks, as room capacity with 2 metre distancing is significantly reduced.  Yesterday evening, it was announced that physical distancing on buses will be one metre.   We await Scottish Government guidance to be published to plan for the phased return from 15th March. I am sure you will appreciate this is a challenging logistical and timetabling exercise across both buildings. I will be back in touch once our plans are in place.

Our School Manager and the DHT with timetabling responsibility are struggling with this because of 2m Social Distancing.

They say it is almost impossible with new build schools to implement

40 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

England are only saying 10% before 21st June

Just looked at the article - so i says UEFA need a plan by 7th April - so plenty time for things to change and for fans (whatever number?) to be allowed into Hampden

They've said 10,000 at Wembley no earlier than 17th May. I don't think there is a "no earlier than" date preventing them increasing this between 17th May and 21st June.

With the group games being 1 week before the earliest date for no restrictions whatsoever, there's no way they would stick rigidly to 10k for 2 games.

However, even if they did, they have 5 games at Wembley after 21st June.

It's quite conceivable that UK Gov could commit to working towards 25% / 50% for at least 5 of the 7 games at Wembley which, at this stage, would more than satisfy UEFA.

If the SG cannot / will not commit to working towards 13,000 at Hampden, and instead say 2k or even 5k, then it's quite obvious the Hampden games will get shifted down the M74/M6

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I don't know. That's exactly what they said on radio Scotland 

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

So no fans at games at Hampden for the Euro’s but England will have full capacity :lol: 

I'm not entirely sure that ANY country can give "assurances", name me a country in Europe which is currently allowing fans or that have any immediate plans to allow fans ?

Yes, we all know about Bojo's "irreversible" dates which are then followed by the caveat of "nothing is guaranteed", so Yes, while things are currently looking very good here in terms of the vaccine and the daily infections, I really don't see how any Government will be in a situation to provide "assurances" at this stage.

You could be forgiven for thinking this was political..........

I see India have granted approval for use of their covaxin jag which has 81% efficacy

Cigar usage spreading across the globe like.... well.... A pandemic.

Do we know when our vaccine numbers are expected to kick up again?

Amazed that UEFA aren't willing to accept 'data not dates!!!111!!!' as a credible answer from the SG in trying to organise their own tournament, if only the dentist could take a week off Off the Ball and jet out to Switzerland to persuade them.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

To be fair if England offer to host the games with say 50% capacities then its only reasonable to tell us and the other places to gtf with the mewling hand wringing. 
I wonder if outside the very partisan world on twitter where even the slightest criticism of the governments mutli-faceted failure fest response from this pandemic leads to abuse and labelling as ‘a tory yoon’ the SNP have any actual insight into just how unpopular they are becoming? 

If people seriously base their vote on whether they can personally attend a fitba match or not, then by God we've got problems......

It will be the ultimate minter for the SG if their mewling "we just don't know" approach sees Scotland games at a major finals moved a couple of hours down the road from Hampden and tens of thousands of fans are allowed in.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'd love to know where the BBC are getting this from, it's akin to their earlier regurgitation exercise this week. UEFA publicly stated the games would be played at the agreed venues regardless of crowds. If they have rowed back on that I'd like to see it. Not sure how England have given any "guarantee " given they have merely announced earliest possible dates, hardly a guarantee in anyone's eyes. Also 2 games at Wembley are before their restrictions end so simply cannot have full crowds as it stands. Most of the other cities hosting are way behind the UK vaccine wise so again assurances or guarantees would be baseless.

It "should" be feasible to have crowds come mid June but I simply cant see it being guaranteed by anyone. I suspect this is yet another BBC anti govt scare story.

My thoughts exactly and going by some of the reaction on here it would appear to be working.

Still, if people can't see through this, then there's not really much hope, is there ??