Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Honest_Man#1 said:

Nope, you’re allowed up to 15 I think it is.

Ah that's good!  Me and my pals were putting off a round of footgolf until the April easements but that's good news.

15 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Tbilisi is within the globe. Given our vaccination progress I assume you have more than that cliché to support your piss-saturated underwear stance?

Ok, sorry I was rather grumpy yesterday as I had my jag on Saturday night - felt completely fine until around 10am yesterday - then it hit me.  Raging sore head and every muscle aching.....no energy whatsoever....despite others feeling bad after the vaccine I was still a little shocked to feel so bad.  Woke at 1.30am this morning and could not get back to sleep so sent my boss a teams message at 5.17am to say I would be taking the day off (or the morning at least) However, at 7am my builder started up his cement mixer and started moving some scaffolding......so here I am at my home desk after all.

Oh, you were right about the piss-saturated underwear though (is there anything Todd doesn't know about?) - they have now been changed....it just wasn't a good day yesterday.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Outdoor non contact sports have to follow the other rules though don't they so it's a maximum of 2 adults from 2 households (i.e 2 ball only in golf)

So 2 people on the pitch that can't come within 2m of each other I'm not really seeing the point :lol:

Fourballs have been allowed in golf in Scotland for a couple of weeks now - I see Welsh and English courses open today

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Outdoor non contact sports have to follow the other rules though don't they so it's a maximum of 2 adults from 2 households (i.e 2 ball only in golf)

So 2 people on the pitch that can't come within 2m of each other I'm not really seeing the point :lol:

Have you never heard of “long-shooty”?

22 hours ago, mizfit said:

My work announced its plans to allow more flexible working going forward.

I was in a meeting 2 weeks ago about how it would work. The language has definitely became more pessimistic and has moved from you getting to decide to “management and staff agreement.”

Didn’t help one old c**t spent the meeting saying working from home is shite because he doesn’t like using teams.

The same program he’d have to use in the office.

Definitely seems to be a different approach in my department (although I now work in a team where I'm the only person based in our office). I expect to be in the office about once a fortnight at most once it's fully opened up again.

33 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Fourballs have been allowed in golf in Scotland for a couple of weeks now - I see Welsh and English courses open today

My local one still has a sign outside saying 2 balls only maybe it's an anti Hitler message.

I have no idea why England closed their proper non contact sports venues seemed nonsensical.

58 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol: no tackling and social distancing. Some game that will be.

Given that 90% of the fun of fives is booting lumps out of each other it sounds absolutely horrific

39 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Definitely seems to be a different approach in my department (although I now work in a team where I'm the only person based in our office). I expect to be in the office about once a fortnight at most once it's fully opened up again.

i'll be controversial here. I like interacting with others at work. I'm currently part time WFH and in the office . when I am in the office others are on their WFH days so it's only about 20% full. I find this & full time WFH both to be very isolating . and absolutely shite for learning and experience gaining, when your all sat together you can look over to someone to see what they're doing before you ask them a question, you just can't call someone on teams multiple times a day without becoming a pest. .  we never really went for pints as a team but we did do such basic every day shit as getting rolls for breakfast and sitting together to eat them.  The people here are not my "mates" as such but it's better than sitting yourself all day - either at home or in the office

Just now, 101 said:

My local one still has a sign outside saying 2 balls only maybe it's an anti Hitler message.

Some clubs have decided to stick to two-balls if they have a relatively high proportion of members living in different Local Authorities, while others have assessed that the majority of their members live same Local Authority as the course so fourballs are fine. Also, most Pros and starters will be on furlough, so there's no way to actually police the tee, so restricting bookings to two-balls at least allows Scottish Golf to demonstrate to the SG that they've played the game, which they've been pretty good at hence golf being the last sport to get shut down and the first to open.

On 27/03/2021 at 20:34, Gaz said:

I assume of course that the collection plate won't be getting passed around?

We certainly did not yesterday or in the 2 months late last year when Kinnoull was open.

A box at the door which has to sit in a safe for a week before anyone can touch it with the preference as it has been for years for members to switch to a monthly standing order. 

Hardly anyone in the church pre pandemic was using cash anyway so this will have shifted things further.

On 27/03/2021 at 21:00, Shipa said:

No-one's got any change anymore, they'll have to pass the card machine!

We are looking at getting one, were you in the zoom call last week.

The church of Scotland however have had a system for the last 11 months where you can use their website and donate to your local church so the need for physical cash is very small.

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

i'll be controversial here. I like interacting with others at work. I'm currently part time WFH and in the office . when I am in the office others are on their WFH days so it's only about 20% full. I find this & full time WFH both to be very isolating . and absolutely shite for learning and experience gaining, when your all sat together you can look over to someone to see what they're doing before you ask them a question, you just can't call someone on teams multiple times a day without becoming a pest. .  we never really went for pints as a team but we did do such basic every day shit as getting rolls for breakfast and sitting together to eat them.  The people here are not my "mates" as such but it's better than sitting yourself all day - either at home or in the office

I don't think that it's particularly controversial, tbh. My preference before I moved to a different team would have been similar, but I'm now in a situation where the rest of my team as based elsewhere, so there is little value in being in the office other than from a social point of view. So I'll go in every couple of weeks to retain that a bit.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Given that 90% of the fun of fives is booting lumps out of each other it sounds absolutely horrific

I know this is digressing, but why is that your view? 5s is about skill, speed and touch, among other things. I certainly don't support the non-contact view, but there's nothing worse than some idiot charging about in studs either too stupid or clumsy to co-ordinate a tackle.

11 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I know this is digressing, but why is that your view? 5s is about skill, speed and touch, among other things. I certainly don't support the non-contact view, but there's nothing worse than some idiot charging about in studs either too stupid or clumsy to co-ordinate a tackle.

This is the classic old guy view, barely want any contact and raging when someone tackles them. That being said, I agree in principle that it’s annoying if someone is just a useless chopper who is constantly hacking at your legs without getting near the ball.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Another weirdo spouting fear and doom and gloom. 

3865851D-AE1B-4F9F-A690-AE1EA1F1CF8E.jpeg

I dont necessarily think its fair to suggest what’s quoted there makes him a ‘weirdo’ hes overly cautious because his focus is infectious diseases and I genuinely think there will be a need for testing etc for the next wee while, he’s not talking about shutting down travel etc there, its imo as close to a realist position as you are going to get from someone on the science side of things. I dont agree that domestic vaccine passports are necessary if we maintain 90% odd of the population taking up vaccine offers, from a purely economic standpoint is that even worthwhile (unless there’s a tory donor who can profit off this??). But internationally i think its reasonable so long as there is testing for people who medically cannot be vaccinated. Especially for travel to countries with a slower vaccination rate. 

7 minutes ago, D.V.T. said:

I’m guessing there'll be confirmation of schools going back full time today or tomorrow. Aren’t some meant to be going back on the 12th?

Nah, it's supposed to be confirmed next week, 6th I think. During the holidays :lol: 

It's a good thing that schools are a bit better organised than the government but if the goalposts are shifted again...