Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I thought it was so they could check everyone for any booze they might be trying to sneak in.

As we all know, Covid only bothers you if you have alcohol.

You don't think alcohol has a significant effect on inhibitional behaviour? 

Nobody is claiming that Covid "only bothers individuals consuming alcohol". 

I know ffs, I’m not very keen on so many of the rules but people who argue the toss about them with smart arsed remarks ie oh the virus can’t get you at a wedding or if you’re with 6or less , are missing the point
None of the rules will prevent someone catching covid, what they do is mitigate how much it can spread by putting limitations in place
Pished people get louder the more drunk they get, spit when they talk, lean into peoples personal space when they’re talking to them and don’t like taking a telling from others
You can see why the government are reluctant to allow folk just to go and get steamin right away

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

I thought it was so they could check everyone for any booze they might be trying to sneak in.

As we all know, Covid only bothers you if you have alcohol.

I seen the wardens ask what was in their bags as they were entering the park.

27 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I didn't say that.

Context is key. We are dealing with people who may not have seen friends or family face to face for about 5 months, who can now (legally) travel to meet friends outdoors. They perhaps don't have gardens so decide to go to a big wide open outdoor space for a few cans, as they have literally no other option.

What do the police or SG think is going to happen if they turn a small group of people away? That they say "aww ok, cheerio guys" and go home individually?

No one is saying advertise "bring yer carryout to the park" but a few cans in the park is better than a few cans in a house. A bit of common sense policing wouldn't go amiss.

Are they turning people away who turn up, or subsequently gather, in groups of more than 6? Or is it just alcohol that is being targetted as usual?

Edited by Todd_is_God

Scottish numbers: 23 April 2021

Summary

• 255 new cases of COVID-19 reported
  • 19,771 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results
    • 1.5% of these were positive
  • 1 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive
  • 12 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
  • 93 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19
Can only assume no change. Other than another death reported it is really positive viewing.
Am i right in saying the 93 figure is anyone in a hospital who has tested positive with covid or is it patients who have been brought into hospital because of covid?

There's a massive difference.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Am i right in saying the 93 figure is anyone in a hospital who has tested positive with covid or is it patients who have been brought into hospital because of covid?

There's a massive difference.

The former. The number of people who are currently in hospital who have tested positive for Covid in the last 28 (or it might be 21) days, no matter what they are currently being treated for.

They've been cracking down on Kelvingrove for a while, even pre-covid. There's been stabbings and trouble in the past, whatever reason loads of teenagers seem to travel from all over to that park.

It's the same on sunny days when there is a police presence for the trains to Ayr as part of 'safer shores' after teenagers used to go mental on the trains.  

39 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

They've been cracking down on Kelvingrove for a while, even pre-covid. There's been stabbings and trouble in the past, whatever reason loads of teenagers seem to travel from all over to that park.

It's the same on sunny days when there is a police presence for the trains to Ayr as part of 'safer shores' after teenagers used to go mental on the trains.  

So basically Kelvingrove is The Meadows of Glasgow?

49 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

To look at these stats knowing that on top of a workforce and economy crippled, nearly £60 billion has been spunked on furlough instead of using it to protect those who needed it most...🤬

D1844B35-3503-4E71-BF7F-6653F4065607.jpeg

It's a bit disingenuous presenting the data in a way like this tbh - it seems the purpose is more to minimise its effects than to draw any genuine conclusions. Fact is 150k+ people in the UK alone died because of Covid. That's a lot of people, no matter what age they were or which proportion of the population we're talking about. 

Yes, a lot of money has been wasted and a lot of decisions would probably have been taken differently had we the knowledge we have now, I totally agree, but we didn't have that knowledge, we didn't know that vaccines would save the day so quickly, and had we banked on them being so effective so quickly, most people would have been fucking raging at taking that gamble. 

NHS Lanarkshire are starting a one visitor per patient by appointment only system starting Monday for anyone with anyone in hospital 

As is NHS Tayside.

The odious Hugh Pennington bleating on about how we might eradicate Covid by Christmas 2022. Has this p***k been right about anything to do with this so far? Yet the media fall over backwards to ask his opinion 
If we manage to ERADICATE Covid in just over 18 months it will be a tremendous achievement. That's a bold / ambitious claim from him. No idea why that makes him Odious given he's making what would be accepted as an optimistic prediction.

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
The odious Hugh Pennington bleating on about how we might eradicate Covid by Christmas 2022. Has this p***k been right about anything to do with this so far? Yet the media fall over backwards to ask his opinion 

If we manage to ERADICATE Covid in just over 18 months it will be a tremendous achievement. That's a bold / ambitious claim from him. No idea why that makes him Odious given he's making what would be accepted as an optimistic prediction.

I should have added he says vaccines alone wont lead to the eradication. Dont know if he wants us to maintain SD and masks etc. In terms of this prediction its positive but he hardly has a track record of being right. Was it not him who predicted 30,000 deaths a day or something ridiculous. I just find him odious and have done for years