Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I know folk who have got it and got it badly despite being fit and healthy.

Quick question also guys. What sorta number are allowed at funerals now? 

Were they at serious risk of being admitted to hospital/ICU/dying?

Remember guys, there's nothing racist at all about wanting to keep out foreigners, brown people vectors of disease.

Rhetoric the BNP could only have dreamt would become commonplace/acceptable. Guess all it took was the worst global health crisis in a century. Still, no doubt all those #FPBE types will pivot back to pretending to be welcoming to immigrants when this all blows over, and pretend like they didn't want the borders shut to the third world indefinitely.

On the Indian variant - Sky News published this story late last week. 

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-indian-coronavirus-variant-now-being-transmitted-within-uk-after-cases-not-linked-to-travel-detected-12284744

Clearly bad news. However then there's the actual figures in the article: 

And a new report from Public Health England (PHE) revealed that of the 132 cases now recorded in the UK, three were among people who were not believed to have contracted it while travelling.

3 cases not linked to travel! 3 out of 132 identified. I get that we want to watch it, but that isn't screaming emergency to me at the moment and the headline is over the top. Also "not believed to have contracted it while tavelling" isn't really good enough. Was it a random in the community that got it, or a friend/family member of someone who came back with it? One of those is much more of a concern than the other. 

It still hasn't been declared a variant of concern either... 

Edited by Michael W

10 minutes ago, stuart87 said:

Even those who are in their 30s and 40s who are at risk from this virus due to underlying health conditions have been vaccinated. emoji23.png She is an absolute walloper.

And we are about 50% through folk in their 40s. Time for the media companies to stop booking her and move towards economists talking about how to get the economy rebuilt in a sustainable model.

5 minutes ago, 101 said:

And we are about 50% through folk in their 40s. Time for the media companies to stop booking her and move towards economists talking about how to get the economy rebuilt in a sustainable model.

She suits the media's agenda perfectly as Scaremongerer-in-Chief.  We're going to be seeing a lot more of her yet.

Took a drive through Dundee city centre there and it was driving through a Mediterranean city with all the folk sitting outside guzzling pints.  

Apart from they were all wearing anoraks and its fucking freezing.

Still, great to see.  Would like to see more of these city centre outdoor areas kept for the summer #scenes tbh.

Took a drive through Dundee city centre there and it was driving through a Mediterranean city with all the folk sitting outside guzzling pints.  
Still, great to see.  Would like to see more of these city centre outdoor areas kept for the summer #scenes tbh.
If the city centre office really is dead, lets see our city streets turn into Magaluf* style strips. Its what the people want.

*But with fucking loads of patio heaters

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

If the city centre office really is dead, lets see our city streets turn into Magaluf* style strips. Its what the people want.

*But with fucking loads of patio heaters

All for that. Imagine outside Primark at 5pm on a Saturday.

Spoiler

my 2 mates in Magaluf 3 years ago ! - Imgur

20 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just walked through Merchant City in Glesga there and I thought the same - I hope the outdoor spots are kept because whilst the weather here is pretty pish, I much prefer an outdoor seat with a lager. 

Hospital number 93     (93 on Friday).

ICU number 12      (12 on Friday).

142 new cases of COVID-19 reported

9,816 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

1.7% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

2,773,770 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,068,704 have received their second dose

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Were they at serious risk of being admitted to hospital/ICU/dying?

A guy i used to work with and occasionally played 5s with who was a total gym nut was in ICU when it first hit last year. Mid Forties, nothing underlying. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

A guy i used to work with and occasionally played 5s with who was a total gym nut was in ICU when it first hit last year. Mid Forties, nothing underlying. 

There should be hundreds, if not thousands of cases like this all over Scotland according to the SG and their advisers. Why are they not making the news?

10 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Hospital number 93     (93 on Friday).

ICU number 12      (12 on Friday).

142 new cases of COVID-19 reported

9,816 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

1.7% of these were positive

0 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive (noting that Register Offices are now generally closed at weekends)

2,773,770 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 1,068,704 have received their second dose

f**k sake!

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

There should be hundreds, if not thousands of cases like this all over Scotland according to the SG and their advisers. Why are they not making the news?

I guess the rare cases like that are why they don't want to declare victory. 

Bad PR for a picture of them popping a large champagne bottle to share the front page with one of a mum of four on a ventilator. 

Pictures of unemployed caterers don't have the same emotional impact.