Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, renton said:

I guess it's probably to do with not having an up to date GP. Last time I used one was in 2003 which was still in Kirkcaldy just after I moved out to Edinburgh for Uni.

Guy in my work hadn't registered with a GP since 1998. It amazes me that folk can go 20 odd years without the need for seeing a doctor. 

Am I right in thinking that ~half the folk in hospital are in the Glasgow area? If so then there should be no need to much about with the other council areas. They will, of course, as they can't help themselves. But they shouldn't.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Guy in my work hadn't registered with a GP since 1998. It amazes me that folk can go 20 odd years without the need for seeing a doctor. 

I've had a couple of broken bones and a couple of tendon injuries in that time, but that is all straight to the Minor Injuries clinic. Never seemed to have picked up anything I needed pills or antibiotics for.

22 minutes ago, renton said:

Regarding getting a vaccination, did anyone use that website to check for the appointment, not be found on the system and then subsequently get an appointment made?

I'm 37, and have no appointment- my wife gets her's on Thursday and a number of my friends are getting theirs in the next few days. I used the site to check for an appointment and got a text saying it couldn't find one and a team would investigate, and the outcome of that would be a letter. Not heard anything as yet.

I guess it's probably to do with not having an up to date GP. Last time I used one was in 2003 which was still in Kirkcaldy just after I moved out to Edinburgh for Uni.

I'm a few years younger, had no appointment and got one back within a couple of minutes of using the website.

Eventually got my jab a mere 2 hours and 50 minutes after the stated appointment time.

Asked the nurse who jagged me what was the issue and apparently there had been a 'couple of call offs' and 'it went so much quicker when the army were here'

Will never disrespect are brave boys ever again.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Eventually got my jab a mere 2 hours and 50 minutes after the stated appointment time.

Asked the nurse who jagged me what was the issue and apparently there had been a 'couple of call offs' and 'it went so much quicker when the army were here'

Not sure I'd call the army in to execute the call offs, but whatever works I guess. 

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That is a shocker. Everyone I know has been in and out in minutes. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Anyone else struggling to reschedule an appointment? I can't make mine but nowhere in Tayside has appointments despite me checking all of May, June and July.

Wife is in same boat and has been checking every day for 2 weeks for slots to open up.

Thinking about just heading down at 5pm one day and begging for leftovers 

Wife was the same when she needed to change hers.  Couldn't make the Friday PM appointment and went on to change it, only Elgin was showing as available.  Spoke to a friend that works at the microchip implant centre who told her just to go along whenever she could on the Friday.  Friday morning she checked the website again and there were plenty of appointments for that day.

27 minutes ago, renton said:

Regarding getting a vaccination, did anyone use that website to check for the appointment, not be found on the system and then subsequently get an appointment made?

I'm 37, and have no appointment- my wife gets her's on Thursday and a number of my friends are getting theirs in the next few days. I used the site to check for an appointment and got a text saying it couldn't find one and a team would investigate, and the outcome of that would be a letter. Not heard anything as yet.

I'm the same age as you - did the missing appointments form a few times and just got told I'd get a letter.

I don't generally trust systems like that not to miss people out en masse (especially as younger friends and family have been done) and so I phoned them up today. After a half hour wait the lassie I spoke to is going to escalate it with my health board, and I should hear back in the next day or two.

Does sound like it'll be your GP though.

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

That is a shocker. Everyone I know has been in and out in minutes. 

It was a proper shambles, got to the registration bit after waiting for 2 hours to find only 3 of the 11 booths were manned.

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If we vaccinate 40K a day then we'll have the remaining 1.4m adults first jabbed in the next 35 days. No idea what numbers we're vaccinating just now but it shouldn't be too much longer than 4-6 weeks before every adult has some form of protection. 

Significantly less than 20k first doses per day. 

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

The hospital numbers thing, for now at least shouldn't be read too deeply into.
There have been a couple of jumps of 8-13 folk in the last few weeks which have corrected themselves within a day or two. This might be the same thing again.

Looking on Travelling Tabby, the hospital and ICU number is actually down on yesterday which was 99 and 6.

49 minutes ago, renton said:

Yes. I got a message saying something like "no record exists for you" and then a few days later the blue envelope appeared. I am registered with a GP in Edinburgh and have been for a number of years. Maybe just a coincidence. Who knows.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Hospitalisations still nowhere near crisis point but still a fair rise recently. Test positivity up a good chunk as well. 

Are we doing more testing per head than the rest of the UK or what? England have less restrictions on the go, especially at big events and still have half the case numbers per 100k and falling. Very strange. 

England will have higher levels of immunity from natural infection than Scotland has.

37 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

I'm the same age as you - did the missing appointments form a few times and just got told I'd get a letter.

I don't generally trust systems like that not to miss people out en masse (especially as younger friends and family have been done) and so I phoned them up today. After a half hour wait the lassie I spoke to is going to escalate it with my health board, and I should hear back in the next day or two.

Does sound like it'll be your GP though.

Also 37 and my appointment seems to have fallen into a black hole despite being in a south of Glasgow postcode.

Basically just been told to wait for my letter. The steaming postie that does our street probably dropped it down a drain