Coronavirus (COVID-19)

If they choose to keep Perth in level 3 because of Dundee’s numbers then I’m burning stuff to the ground.
Surely neither are moving up to 3? Staying at level 2, yes - but are they talking about going back to 3?

Sounds like they are wed to this tinkering for a while yet. 

Given the relatively small difference in restrictions between those levels it will probably make f**k all difference to the virus spread in an L2 area compared to an L1, but they need to be seen to be doing something no matter how stupid and illogical it is. 

Looking bleak for decent numbers if fans in the stadiums at the start of the season. 

Surely neither are moving up to 3? Staying at level 2, yes - but are they talking about going back to 3?

Dundee has rising cases.
Last year before it all went to shit with the Kent variant they punted Perth and Kinross into tier 3 because Ninewells was struggling and PRI has been an underfunded mess since the early 2000’s.

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

They're going to chuck Edinburgh back into Level / Tier 3 aren't they? :(

By the sounds of Yousaf this morning it sounded more like Glasgow would go down to level 2 and a few would stay there too rather than any areas going back up a level.

1 minute ago, Pie Of The Month said:

By the sounds of Yousaf this morning it sounded more like Glasgow would go down to level 2 and a few would stay there too rather than any areas going back up a level.

Fingers crossed then.

Vaccination 1 for me tomorrow. Anyone had to go out to Ingilston recently? What have the queues been like?

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Sounds like they are wed to this tinkering for a while yet. 

Given the relatively small difference in restrictions between those levels it will probably make f**k all difference to the virus spread in an L2 area compared to an L1, but they need to be seen to be doing something no matter how stupid and illogical it is. 

Looking bleak for decent numbers if fans in the stadiums at the start of the season. 

Made this point several weeks ago and was lampooned in some quarters.

The three Hampden games are our wee treat, and thereafter back to bhd / minimal numbers

Edited by Steven W

Appreciate it's not likely to be as representative a sample as one person's Facebook feed but it's almost 50-50 on whether people want to reopen everything in three weeks
20210531_095702.thumb.jpg.fad2d2a29638c95feee3ad625bb11799.jpg

I’m leaning towards we should be opening it all. If you don’t want to go into a crowded bar/restaurant then don’t feel you need too but we need to start looking at normality.

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

Probably not a massive shock to see a place dealing in "alternative medicine" signing up to crackpot ideals on vaccines. 

Maybe just rub some sage and lavender on your chest if you get a cough, that'll sort it. 

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, Michael W said:

Probably not a massive shock to see a place dealing in "alternative medicine" signing up to crackpot ideals on vaccines. 

Maybe just rub some sage and lavender on your chest if you get a cough, that'll sort it. 

Only if it's independent sage though.

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

Fingers crossed then.

Vaccination 1 for me tomorrow. Anyone had to go out to Ingilston recently? What have the queues been like?

I was there on Saturday - was fairly steady.  Was probably in and out in less than 30 mins.  

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
6 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:
They never want this to end
Screenshot_20210531-103201_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30054edd7c773d85db99061107579c9d.jpg

A wave of "cases" maybe. But if folk aren't ending up in hospital or dying then who gives two fucks?

I agree with the premise.

However, hospitalisations have increased by 50% in the last fortnight.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Good news but there have been multiple vaccine passports false denials from Gove and Zahawi previously.

I've already said if it is launched I think it will be sold as a way to mitigate a further lockdown this winter. 

There's always something 'just around the corner' with you total fucking goons when your deranged, fantasist worldview is exposed. Get back in your box.

4bUV7Ls.gif