Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Because it's not progression, they have this at the rugby yet still plan to strangle domestic football when it restarts, it's a joke, one rule for the toffs egg tossing and another for the big bad football.
Much that I would be the first to have a go at class discrimination it's not one rule for the toffs here.

It's more a consequence that the football bodies in this country are fucking hopeless.

33 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:
Surely what we are seeing is a progression at time moves on?
Or are you advocating we stick with the current restrictions?

Because it's not progression, they have this at the rugby yet still plan to strangle domestic football when it restarts, it's a joke, one rule for the toffs egg tossing and another for the big bad football.

Do you think the restrictions for domestic rugby will be different from domestic football?

Why didn't they do 1 or both of the euro matches as test events instead of some fucking team gb rugby shite. 

It would have been a win win for the government and football fans and uefa would have loved another packed out game on the telly. 

40 minutes ago, Empty It said:
1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Call their bluff then.  Hearts announce their first home game at Murrayfield.  Use the same plan.

Analysis by the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours (SPI-B) has also identified travel to and from the venue as potentially a greater risk than behaviour at the venue itself, where activity can be more regulated, added John Drury, professor of social psychology at Sussex University.

“However, the other key point made is that risk behaviours – such as proximity and touching – are driven by psychological processes that are subject to change,” he said.

“As part of this, it’s really important that key information is provided to fans – such as the importance of not breathing others’ air.

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

Another psycho outing themselves from the science brigade.

Do you think the restrictions for domestic rugby will be different from domestic football?
Why wouldn't it be? The restrictions for international football and international rugby are different clearly.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
47 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Why wouldn't it be? The restrictions for international football and international rugby are different clearly.

Are they? What are the differences?

Well to start concession stands were allowed to open and didn't hear of anyone having to turn up 4 hours before KO with the rugby?

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Cheers. Got a swab up my nose as a welcome to Greece last night. Negative within 5 mins and then on to baggage reclaim.

1 person from each group was tested. Pretty quick and easy but it was just the one flight and it wasn't completely full. Maybe 4/5.

Maybe worth booking an antigen test locally for before flying home, there was a bit of a rush for them in Portugal when the rules changed just before I went out.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Well to start concession stands were allowed to open and didn't hear of anyone having to turn up 4 hours before KO with the rugby?

In terms of the concession stands, the location at Murrayfield being fully outside the stadium while still inside the gates (ie beyond the turnstyles), rather than inside the stadium bowl itself probably had an effect on this decision. As for having to turn up 4 hours in advance, from what I've seen and read, entry slots are standard across all the Euro 2020 venues, not just Hampden. Do you know of anyone who has been refused entry because they didn't turn up at their allocated slot? If you read the T&Cs on the back, match tickets in general have a suggested arrival time of something like 90 minutes before anyway, and no one ever pays attention to that anyway. And according to the SRU's T&Cs for yesterday, there was an arrival window for each ticket.

There were also no under-14s allowed at yesterday's game at Murrayfield. I may be wrong, but I don't think that is a restriction for Hampden?

FWIW, I agree that the concession stands not being open at Hampden was utterly ridiculous. I don't agree that football has been unfairly treated while rugby is the darling of the Scot Gov. If rugby is getting any semblance of better treatment, it's because the SRU have been better at lobbying for it.

The sporting governing bodies should be working together to provide a cohesive plan for a return for all fans at all levels. Instead, we have shite like "the eggchasers are allowed to do what they want, and fitba is being punished"

In terms of the concession stands, the location at Murrayfield being fully outside the stadium while still inside the gates (ie beyond the turnstyles), rather than inside the stadium bowl itself probably had an effect on this decision. As for having to turn up 4 hours in advance, from what I've seen and read, entry slots are standard across all the Euro 2020 venues, not just Hampden. Do you know of anyone who has been refused entry because they didn't turn up at their allocated slot? If you read the T&Cs on the back, match tickets in general have a suggested arrival time of something like 90 minutes before anyway, and no one ever pays attention to that anyway. And according to the SRU's T&Cs for yesterday, there was an arrival window for each ticket.
There were also no under-14s allowed at yesterday's game at Murrayfield. I may be wrong, but I don't think that is a restriction for Hampden?
FWIW, I agree that the concession stands not being open at Hampden was utterly ridiculous. I don't agree that football has been unfairly treated while rugby is the darling of the Scot Gov. If rugby is getting any semblance of better treatment, it's because the SRU have been better at lobbying for it.
The sporting governing bodies should be working together to provide a cohesive plan for a return for all fans at all levels. Instead, we have shite like "the eggchasers are allowed to do what they want, and fitba is being punished"
In all honesty it probably is mostly down to how unbelievably incompetent the SFA are compared to the SRU, still infuriating to see the two sports being treated differently.

3 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

It is progression, but only if the two sports are treated as equals, which they are not. There was numerous food and alcohol vans or tents at Murrayfield yesterday, yet at Hampden they only have lukewarm water to give you. A queue is a queue regardless of what sport it is. Also 12k at Hampden and 18k at Murrayfield yet it a few weeks similar sized stadiums like Ibrox or Celtic Park will have 2k. It's quite clear that had Scotland not qualified for the Euros NS would have punted the games from Hampden 

24 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Forgive the shite source but:

Clown shoes saying that we *should* have no crowd restrictions post August 9th

As welcome as this is (and it's very welcome), it's an incredible shame that the Euros are looking likely to have passed just 7 weeks prior with absolutely no mechanisms in place to allow capacity crowds at those games. We could easily have put in place a similar system to that in Copenhagen and Budapest for 4 special events, and the reason we didn't appears to be nothing more than an ongoing desire to reveal nothing about future easing of restrictions.

It's likely that we will never see another major tournament match played at Hampden park, and it would have been an incredible way to signal the beginning of the end of a dreadful 15 months.

Edited by Todd_is_God

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

As welcome as this is, it's an incredible shame that the Euros are looking likely to have passed just 7 weeks prior with absolutely no mechanisms in place to allow capacity crowds at those games. We could easily have put in place a similar system to that in Copenhagen and Budapest for 4 special events, and the reason we didn't appears to be nothing more than an ongoing desire to reveal nothing about future easing of restrictions.

It's likely that we will never see another major tournament match played at Hampden park, and it would have been an incredible way to signal the beginning of the end of a dreadful 15 months.

How come the wee man's sports day couldn't be a special event? 😡