Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Fake SAGE weirdos: 'Hoaliday at hame this yearrr!!111'

Also Fake SAGE weirdos: Complaining about spikes in cases in 'staycation' destinations.

Edited by Elixir

I must admit, Devi's face turn has come as somewhat of a surprise.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to express that she is both dazzlingly intelligent AND stunningly beautiful...

Edited by djchapsticks

Does anyone know how this is monitored or strictly enforced? 
BEEAFA39-49E1-468F-A58F-E80C47FBE7CC.thumb.png.14a1a52d87d145f6aaa9bbd42b9b7eae.png

It is only a % of people that are followed up. I have travelled regularly for work this last year and I have only been contacted once say in about 15 occasions and that time I was leaving the country again the next day anyway so didn’t matter. I’m currently “in quarantine” after returning from an amber country with a population of 8.5m which has less cases per day than Dundee but I have had no contact at all since I returned last week. You do need to buy the tests as you need to put the order number on your locator form but you can get them much cheaper than that. I got Day 2 & 8 from Randox for £96. Don’t let this pish put you off travelling if you’re happy to fork out for tests. Chances of being contacted are remote in my experience. People I work with who travel back to the UK have similar experiences too.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd just like to take this opportunity to express that she is both dazzlingly intelligent AND stunningly beautiful...

Did she not pen an article very early on essentially about being afraid to go against the SG's party line in case she lost her funding?

Based on that, this particular U-turn is a great sign.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Did she not pen an article very early on essentially about being afraid to go against the SG's party line in case she lost her funding?

Based on that, this particular U-turn is a great sign.

I'm not sure about that but she has flip-flopped through the last year or so, from a zero-covid nutter to agreeing with Boris Johnson's plan to reopen in June and then sort of back the way to denying the AZ vaccine worked against the SA variant.

In layman's terms, she's a total mercenary. As you say, she'll parrot whatever keeps her financially secure and publicly relevant.

All these fucking idiots who have spent the last year bowing down and fawning over her for 'keeping us safe' and now are angry/devastated she's abandoning their viewpoint are finally seeing the wolf in sheep's clothing many of us already knew she was.

"Independent" SAGE :lol:

*Don't go abroad on holiday*

*Brits holiday in Britain*

*Why are covid cases rising in Cornwall???!! 😪"

Go on, you psychopaths, we know all know you want to tell us to holiday in our back gardens this year. Just say it. At least one of your mob got her little break to Scotland in. 

Zubaida Haque (who?) outing herself as a moron as well. We all know the Delta variant is dominant in the UK now, so why should we be wasting resources with fucking surge testing? 

23 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Shes gone from a c**t to a good c**t. Well done Devi. 
I love that Paget lecturing us about travelling and bringing new variants back has essentially just been on holiday in an area with a higher prevalence of the virus yet lectures others on doing the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Do people like Richard in the replies there think infection and illness didn’t exist in society pre March 2020🤣

I have no scientific basis for the following; with that disclaimer out of the way:

I’m pretty sure that the majority of cases we’re seeing are either asymptomatic, or so mild as to be nothing more than a minor annoyance.

I’m also pretty sure that if we routinely tested people showing no or only mild symptoms of anything for, well, anything, we would find all sorts of “infection running through society”. 

People have been infected with viruses without knowing it since forever. It’s how viruses survive.

9 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m equally not sure how many times the point needs to be made that every positive lateral flow test is followed up with a (most likely) positive PCR, therefore bumping up the numbers of positive cases and positivity rate, as the negatives are not followed up with negative PCRs. But just in case...

There you go.

Admittedly I know nothing about LFT seeing as I’ve yet to take one. What would be stopping people who got a positive LFT just not bothering to get a PCR? Surely there isn’t some tracker on the tests that automatically follows up a positive LFT  with a PCR