Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Three weeks today for my dose 2 appointment, which will be eight weeks to the day after the first.

The website will let me reschedule and looks like I could bring it forward from that. If I did that would they let me have it early or tell me to bolt?

52 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Statically there isn’t a problem.   if it wasn’t for sensationalist ‘news’ articles we’d have barely noticed.

That and the  rest of your post can comfortably chucked in the bin of conspiracy nonsense.

Just a coincence then, that after the trashing it's taken, the government money spent on funding it and Pfizer the more expensive and in short supply, the government lackies come out with this shit?

So if offered the choice you choose AZ right. 

Away and bile yer heed. 

1 hour ago, BlueBear said:

The red tops really pushing the Oxford AZ vaccine, with the government scientist rhetoric of how wonderful it is, without mentioning the blood clot problem. 

They state 3 jabs of it are better than two and works better against all variants, but best of all, is that you can mix it with the Pfizer vax and get a better response than AZ alone, but eluding to state that 2 jabs of Pfizer are still  better and with less risk. 

The AZ deal had been trashed and quite justifiably imo. People just don't have the confidence in it and no fucking wonder.

However it was government sponsored and Oxford AZ have to turn a buck, so let's put every c**t at risk and takes yer chances. 

Government are c***s and give not one f**k for public health, so they can take their AZ and ram it. No doubt it has helped many, but just too many risks with it. Think if it were one of your own who succumbed to it ffs. 

Better it was binned for all concerned. 

What an utter fucking roaster you are. 

28 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Maybe I missed this on here if its already been said but anti vaxxers claiming that the vaccine contains magnetic metal components.

It's true mate. Looked in the fridge earlier, saw a Layers of Joy chocolate trifle. Moments later, as if by magic, a metal spoon was going towards my mouth. 

An absolute minter for Ireland, who chose today to chuck under 40s under a bus by adding a two-tier vaccine passport system for indoor hospitality, to add to the existing one for those who could afford to pay top dollar for a hotel break, as Covid apparently differentiates between creamy pints in hotel bars and other establisments.

I'm sure that the younger unvaccinated generation - who just so happen not to vote for the governing coalition - will respond by following the rest of their advice and not filing it in the bin until they turf the boomer parties out of office. 

49 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Maybe I missed this on here if its already been said but anti vaxxers claiming that the vaccine contains magnetic metal components.

Shit just went up a level.

It's funny how she used keys to demonstrate her point. Most modern keys are made of non-magnetic metals. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

An absolute minter for Ireland, who chose today to chuck under 40s under a bus by adding a two-tier vaccine passport system for indoor hospitality, to add to the existing one for those who could afford to pay top dollar for a hotel break, as Covid apparently differentiates between creamy pints in hotel bars and other establisments.

I'm sure that the younger unvaccinated generation - who just so happen not to vote for the governing coalition - will respond by following the rest of their advice and not filing it in the bin until they turf the boomer parties out of office. 

Yip...I am over there quite a bit and was in Co Donegal last month where I could eat & drink all night in the hotel as a resident (key worker!!) yet my contractor customer who lived literally a 5 mins walk away wasn’t allowed in for a coffee! And today the follow up is this nonsense yet I’m sitting in (London)Derry and the hotel said tonight I can sit as long as I fancy at the bar.
Staunch here in Loyal/Free Derry where Guinness and Tennent's flow freely.

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

Ireland also have a lot of utter psycho advisers and their own equivalent of 'independent SAGE' freaks.

The lad at Avis in Belfast was saying this afternoon he and a few mates spent the weekend over in Sligo and as residents could sup and eat indoors yet locals had to sit outside.

They are having an utter shambles with this stage and are about as clueless as Holyrood in trying to be seen to do something different, whilst creating needless and incomprehensible regulations.

47 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I see the SG call what we are going through just now 'Operation Keep the Heid'.

Covid Scotland: Edinburgh City Council tells locals to get tested even if they have no symptoms

Council Leader Adam McVey said: "I would urge everyone to make use of community test centres and order your free home testing kits to check if you could have Covid even if you don’t have symptoms."

Edinburgh City Council are urging locals to carry out regular Covid testing even if they don’t have any symptoms.

It comes as The First Minister warned that Scotland must have “renewed care and vigilance” and "Keep the Heid" in order to keep the current Covid cases from running out of control.

In response to Edinburgh and the Lothians recording the highest number of Covid cases in Scotland this week, Edinburgh City Council have opened a number of community test centres.

Now they are urging even those who don’t have any symptoms to come forward for a free test so that they can ‘break the chain of transmission by catching asymptomatic cases which could still be infectious.’

For anyone who  wants a sneaky wee test and not tell anyone on P&B.

Community test centres are open for people with no COVID-19 symptoms:

• Walk-up mobile testing unit, Heart of Midlothian Football Club, Wheatfield stand accessed via Wheatfield Street/Place, until Sunday, July 11.
  • Drive through mobile testing unit at Hibernian Football Club, in the car park behind the east stand accessed off Albion Place/Hawkhill Place until Sunday,
  • McDonald Road Library until Saturday, July 3 - test pick-up available
  • Wester Hailes Library until Saturday, July 3 - test pick-up available
  • Fountainbridge Library from Monday, July 5 to Saturday, July 10 - test pick-up available
  • Drumbrae Library Hub from Monday, July 5 to Saturday, July 10 - test pick-up available

Will anyone listen to this idiot of a council leader. 

9 hours ago, ulysses said:

Jab number 2 for me tomorrow. Can’t wait to be fully Pfizered.

Anyone had any side effects from the second dose of P?

Had mine on Monday and, once again, the only side effect was a 'heavy' arm akin to the kind you get after the gym...or more likely in my case..... from carrying a heavy bag of messages home from the shop. 

7 hours ago, deegee said:

Staunch here in Loyal/Free Derry where Guinness and Tennent's flow freely.

(London) Derry is a cracking place to visit. We took the kids over a few years ago and it was genuinely one of the friendliest places we've been. 

Recovering from a c*nt of a cold and due for my second vaccine tomorrow. CDC says it shouldn’t be dangerous but will likely have me feeling like absolute shite. The local health mob told me to email the Covid people, who just replied telling me to call the health mob. Anyone had either of the vaccines while recovering from another virus and would they recommend it?..