Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Just had to do my first LFT, and in fact any kind of Covid test.

How are we 16 months in and still tickling our tonsils for a result?

I don’t pretend to know how the tests work, but if the virus is as transmissible as we’re told then why isn’t it enough just to spit into a tube?

11 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

We had a Teams meeting at work earlier this week. A few folk on it are double jagged and doing two LFTs a week. What's the fucking point in that? I mentioned I'd never done a test at any point in this whole clusterfuck and a couple of folk were genuinely stunned. Mental.

The adverts tell them to do it.

3 minutes ago, The Master said:

I don’t pretend to know how the tests work, but if the virus is as transmissible as we’re told then why isn’t it enough just to spit into a tube?

Much less accurate, tried to do it that way on holiday and the Scot Gov won't accept it.

16 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

We had a Teams meeting at work earlier this week. A few folk on it are double jagged and doing two LFTs a week. What's the fucking point in that? I mentioned I'd never done a test at any point in this whole clusterfuck and a couple of folk were genuinely stunned. Mental.

Same here.  Never had symptoms so never been tested.

54 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I've never done a test or had any of the apps. Ordered a box of LFTs as my work was on about them but unless its enforced I wont be bothering 

There's more chance of John Bercow being the next Labour leader than Burnham IMO.  And Bercow isn't even an MP.

*Me absolutely scything through replies so I can hit out with the pure pedantry*

EH I THINK YOU’LL FIND NEITHER IS ANDY

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter what Burnham says he’s massively popular in Manchester but it’s already apparent that people won’t listen to this I put a mask on out of habit but nobody is actually policing mask wearing here anymore as it’s like 50/50 if folk are complying down here. Everyone’s ready for it to be over and are gearing up for Parklife and the WHP.

Feel like I need to start a mhak esque disclaimer for “I live in Manchester” every time I post atm.

i've got to do some work down in england can take either a plane or train.

take it trains would have a bit more distance between people?? or are folk jammed together the same as on flights?

44 minutes ago, red23 said:

i've got to do some work down in england can take either a plane or train.

take it trains would have a bit more distance between people?? or are folk jammed together the same as on flights?

No idea about planes but trains are at 70% capacity to keep 1m distancing.

Has anyone in the younger generation who signed up for their vaccine online (i.e., no blue letter shenanigans) been able to get a record of their coronavirus vaccine status?

I'm trying to sign up on the website but keep getting told the details I've entered are incorrect. Which they are not. 

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

Edited by Alex_14

14 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

Has anyone in the younger generation who signed up for their vaccine online (i.e., no blue letter shenanigans) been able to get a record of their coronavirus vaccine status?

I'm trying to sign up on the website but keep getting told the details I've entered are incorrect. Which they are not. 

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

I just checked and I had no problem

1 minute ago, Turkmenbashi said:

I just checked and I had no problem

Yeah, figured it out. It's my postcode from 3 flats ago that's registered with the NHS for some reason, even though I registered for the appointment with my current address. GP has my new address. Whole thing is a shambles - no wonder appointments have been getting missed!

Was down at the Caird Hall getting my second dose of that sweet AZ goodness. Looking at the number of ticks next to names on the receptionists lists I’d say about 20% attendance rate for appointments. 

No one in the queue for walk ins either - probably because everyone in Dundee either has Covid or is isolating right now.

Just had to do my first LFT, and in fact any kind of Covid test.

How are we 16 months in and still tickling our tonsils for a result?

I got a PCR today at Aberdeen airport to fly out to Switzerland on Sunday. Swab up the nose only, no tonsils.

Test in Switzerland 2+ weeks ago to come home, spit into a test tube.

My day 2 & 8 tests here, nose & tonsil swab.

I asked today why nose only and was told they had a new fancy machine that could detect from nostrils only. So in conclusion. Nae idea [emoji2369]

No idea about planes but trains are at 70% capacity to keep 1m distancing.
Not on the Ayrshire line with the weather this week. Absolutely fucking rammed with police stationed at Irvine Ayr and Troon in a (failed) attempt to control the crowds. Last Tuesday heading up to Glasgow it was like Sardines, literally standing right down the carriage like the old days.