Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

The difference is the sport, end of.   Intense snobbery and dislike of the working man's favourite sport.

Yet again decisions made  on a whim for when it suits.  Pathetic.

It should be made clear that this will have repercussions at the ballot box.

But it won't and it won't

27 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

This is one of the most farcical decisions yet. They couldn’t have made it any more blatant that it’s one rule for some and another for the rest. I’m genuinely stunned by that.

It’s dreadful news for all football fans as it surely is lining us up for limited crowds for start of the season.

Hearts are only allowed (or are allowing) 500 fans in for their League Cup group games at Tynecastle :lol:

Edited by RiG

Good to see the SG standing by the August 9 date.  I think limited restrictions (masks in shops and on public transport) will be widely accepted and adhered to, though this should be for as short a time as is practically possible.  I reckon booster jabs could happen every six months for the foreseeable future.

It will be good to get back to near normality, then to complete normality.

Good to see the SG standing by the August 9 date.  I think limited restrictions (masks in shops and on public transport) will be widely accepted and adhered to, though this should be for as short a time as is practically possible.  I reckon booster jabs could happen every six months for the foreseeable future.
A lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

Are there percentage capacity or distancing constraints on crowds in stadiums in level 0?

I'm assuming Dumbarton can't have 2,000 in their 2,000 capacity single stand while Celtic are limited to 2,000 in a 60,000+ seater stadium?

Sadiq Khan saying he is looking at options to retain legally mandated mask wearing on TFL services. How the hell does a mayor have powers to do that ???

No doubt Burnham to try similar. This could get farcical
It's an Assembly is not. No idea if he's quite got the powers, but more likely than the Mayor of Peterborough to have them.

Still, f**k him.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Are there percentage capacity or distancing constraints on crowds in stadiums in level 0?

I'm assuming Dumbarton can't have 2,000 in their 2,000 capacity single stand while Celtic are limited to 2,000 in a 60,000+ seater stadium?

IKEA capacity at the moment is 1625 (at the one time ) in a tin shed. 

It's flat numbers not % of capacity as mental as that sounds. 2000 seated stadiums regardless of capacity and 1000 standing. Should only be for 3 weeks hopefully with full capacity from 9 August specifically mentioned by Forbes today.

43 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

A lot of words to say absolutely nothing.

Oh the irony.,,

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

Thought this was interesting

ICTChris said it earlier in the thread, but the biggest disappointment of the past month has been a fairly sluggish vaccine programme. Whether there are famed "supply issues" I'm not sure, but it's the way out of this. 

Weird seeing Scotland taking a kicking in some of these online Twitter threads ("another Scktkand"being shorthand for bad). Very high case numbers against population I'll grant, but hospitals are not collapsing and neither are we seeing huge numbers of deaths. Especially with the Delta variant causing panic as well - the benefit of a highly vaccinated population is showing up very well. 

Err, didn't you hear that Israel have a few hundred cases now? I think you'll find the vaccines dinny work!!!11

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Yeah but football fans are scum and spread COVID. We should be thankful we are allowed to go to the shops TBH.

And rugby fans are scrum. smug.gif

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not just the last few months but the past year.

Anyone daring to disagree with their world view is either pounced upon, red-dotted or both.

Everything is black or white and not the shades of grey that's the reality.

As if to prove the point the Sage of Inverclyde and his wee poodle red-dotted within minutes of me posting.

🤣

Screenshot_20210706-195459_Chrome.jpg

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

42 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

500 at Tynecastle is tragic. If it's a club descion then they should be ashamed 

I'm sure they've said they were given two different numbers by the Government.

Got a number for fans in the actual stands, then a lower number for fans in the "concourse", and absolutely no guidance on what you're meant to do about it all, so they just went with the lower figure.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

It should be made clear that this will have repercussions at the ballot box.

But it won't and it won't

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The SG could keep restrictions in place until the next election and still win by a landslide

It’s worth noting that this is Edinburgh City Council’s decision. 

2,000 is the default (without needing to pick up the phone to Jason Leitch, you’ll recall), but councils have been given the authority to allow more.