Coronavirus (COVID-19)

29 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Why?

Wearing a mask to, say, walk 10 feet to a table then remove it for 2 hours, only to put it back on to walk the 10 feet back out is "pure theatre"

What is the point? What risk is it reducing? They are Lovejoy appeasers. The data from the US etc shows this too.

Tell you what, if it's all too much 'theatre' for you, why don't you just stay in out of the road and stop whining, you insufferable c*nt?

You're all about what's convenient for you. But what if it's not convenient for other diners to put up with your shit?

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Am I missing something here?

112,563 people turned up to A&E in May?

Somewhere around 1 in 44 of our entire population couldn't go a single fucking month without doing something which required a visit to A&E?

This is surely the very definition of abusing and taking the NHS for granted?

This simply CANNOT be funded in a sustainable manner.

Or am I out of touch here?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-57762516

There are some people who make several A&E visits a week tbf. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Somewhere around 1 in 44 of our entire population couldn't go a single fucking month without doing something which required a visit to A&E?

Loads of people have treated A&E as an instant doctor's appointment for anything from mild sniffles or a boil, since long before Covid.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For many it's the only chance they get to be seen by a doctor. GPs in a lot of areas still only doing phone consultations

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Tell you what, if it's all too much 'theatre' for you, why don't you just stay in out of the road and stop whining, you insufferable c*nt?

You're all about what's convenient for you. But what if it's not convenient for other diners to put up with your shit?

Calm down. His point is completely valid.

What is the point? If it is important, then surely we should be required to wear a mask between mouthfuls and sips.

A little common sense would be really appreciated.

I personally don’t wear one unless told to by the waiter or manager. Invariably, nobody bothers.

I also don’t wear one to my local supermarket and, again, complete indifference.

5 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

For many it's the only chance they get to be seen by a doctor. GPs in a lot of areas still only doing phone consultations

Phone consultation with a GP is still being seen by a doctor, and is probably appropriate for the vast majority of cases. 

The idea that this is in any way mitigation for hypochondriacs and chancers rocking up to A and E with an insect bite or Kayden's high temperature is complete nonsense. They deserve a truncheon in the face for their stupidity, delivered at the entrance.

Edited by vikingTON

48 minutes ago, BlueBear said:

Nicola is spot on. 

Retain masks. Vaxxing to be mandatory for adults. Unless exempted on medical grounds and  sack every c**t in a job or stop their dole if they refuse.

Everything to open on August 9. Anyone not vaxxed unless exempted, refused entry to public spaces.. Football grounds, gyms, hairdressers, eateries etc. Also not allowed to vote. 

Indy ref2 pre Xmas. 

Time we stopped playing at it. 

The scientific literature on masks is very clear - I posted links before. Masks can play a part in conjunction with other lockdown measures. There is no literature to say that without social distancing, curfews, etc, that they make any difference. On their own they might make you feel safer but that's it. 

Whilst the masks in shops directive is still in place, it's supermarkets and online shopping for us. Town centres will have to wait. 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't know a thing about the NHS so this sort of thing is a real eye opener.

If this is in any way normal, then it shows the scale of the problem we are facing.

I have o doubt that, like any big organisation, there is no shortage of waste but if this is what is happening in addition then at first glance it looks unsolvable to me.

There are some people who will self harm on an almost daily basis or take overdoses to try and get in hospital, phone ambulance, ambulance phone the police because they have a knife in their kitchen or whatever leading question is asked to save an ambulance and then the police have to take them to A&E for 4/5 hours until a CPN speaks to them and 999/1000 times decides that they should go home. Some of these folks can be making 1-2 A&E visits a day. 

Then you get the hypochondriacs who go to A&E with a cold or sore throat that they’ve had and didnt like the advice the GP gave them. Then you get the ones who everytime their kid sneezes will go to A&E. 

Theres all sorts of folks who basically seem to gravitate towards A&E. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I'm the same, I don't vote SNP* but I'm pro-indy.  The SNP are too nanny state.

*Or Alba obviously.

As much as I like the Greens it's not like they're more hands-off. I don't know what your options are if you have a baseline of human decency and won't vote Conservative and yet disagree with the SNP's approach to this.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I agree that this is what they are doing but that is not an acceptable excuse by any stretch.

I know it’s not a popular solution, but I would suggest you pay a £20 fee for attending A&E unless you are brought in by ambulance or triaged through immediately to ICU.

I also think £10 for a GP visit would be appropriate. Not certain but I think quite a few of the Scandinavian countries do something like that and, possibly Ireland.

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Phone consultation with a GP is still being seen by a doctor, and is probably valid for the vast majority of cases.

The idea that this is in any way mitigation for hypochondriacs and chancers rocking up to A and E with an insect bite or Kayden's high temperature is complete nonsense. They deserve a truncheon in the face for their stupidity, delivered at the entrance.

A family member of mine has lost a lot of weight recently and developed a persistent cough. The adverts on TV tell him to see a GP. In the last few weeks despite asking, no doctor has so much as listened to his chest. They have sent him for a few tests here and there but this has taken ages (chest x Ray for example. 10 days for an appointment and 14 days later still not had results). 

He could have gone to A and E but hasn't. Many in his situation would have. 

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

There are some people who will self harm on an almost daily basis or take overdoses to try and get in hospital, phone ambulance, ambulance phone the police because they have a knife in their kitchen or whatever leading question is asked to save an ambulance and then the police have to take them to A&E for 4/5 hours until a CPN speaks to them and 999/1000 times decides that they should go home. Some of these folks can be making 1-2 A&E visits a day. 

Then you get the hypochondriacs who go to A&E with a cold or sore throat that they’ve had and didnt like the advice the GP gave them. Then you get the ones who everytime their kid sneezes will go to A&E. 

Theres all sorts of folks who basically seem to gravitate towards A&E. 

I've always known these sort of folk exist but i still find it hard to get my head round that sort of thinking,  perhaps this is their way of getting attention that they're not getting elsewhere in life?  btw im not being a self righteous know it all looking down my nose at anyone like that, there are many reasons why someone could fall in that catagory and most won't be aware that's what they're really doing

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wear one to protect the staff and out of consideration for them having to wear them all shift.

What are you protecting the staff (or anyone) from if you're in a bar/restaurant and have to take the mask off to eat?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

The benchmark capacity for football matches and other outdoor stadia is 2000 seated/1000 standing at Level 0, compared to 1000/500 remaining in Level 1. 

That makes a huge difference to the majority of SPFL clubs as well as many further down the pyramid.

But that hasn't been put in doubt by today, has it? The plan is still to go down to Level 0. The post I was replying to only related to masks and social distancing, and those were never meant to be fully ditched on that date anyway. The football capacities going up is probably the only meaningful change that any of us will notice when we go to Level 0, I don't see any other impact on my day-to-day life (the same is true of Level 2 to Level 1 as well really).

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The scientific literature on masks is very clear - I posted links before. Masks can play a part in conjunction with other lockdown measures. There is no literature to say that without social distancing, curfews, etc, that they make any difference. On their own they might make you feel safer but that's it. 

Whilst the masks in shops directive is still in place, it's supermarkets and online shopping for us. Town centres will have to wait. 

True. Seems to work a treat in the East though. When I first saw them when working over there, I wondered wtf they all about. 

I've not had as much as a sniffle all through Covid. First time in years. 

Also stops c***s coughing and spluttering all over you in close quarters in supermarkets and the like. 

Some baseline measures like distancing, masks, ventilation and hand hygeine may have to remian in pmace for some time according to Sturgeon.

Only a fucking psychopath considers the first two to be on the same planet as the second two.

Better hand hygeine and ventilation than pre pandemic would be great. Shove your distancing and masks up your arse.

I had to take my girlfriend to A&E a couple of years back after she fell. She couldn’t walk and we were concerned it was potentially fractured.

The doctor was absolutely fuming when he x-rayed if and had to say no breaks, just a very awkward fall that twisted the ligaments.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

What are you protecting the staff (or anyone) from if you're in a bar/restaurant and have to take the mask off to eat?

It's marginal but they might be brushing past hundreds of punters a day so they're at higher risk. It's mainly about not taking the pish when they have to keep theirs on all day to protect the punters, and it's not like a great burden when you're arriving, leaving and going for a pish.