Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

300 reported cases out of 200m jabs.   Best pull the jabs and restart lockdown.

Good old bbc at their best.

I can see the maths.  I’m wondering how long until people start rubbishing mrna technology.  It’s another reason for lunatics to slate the vaccines.

44 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Hmmm.

Heart inflammation link to Pfizer and Moderna jabs https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57781637

The EMA analysis of cases found:

Pfizer-BioNTech - 145 cases of myocarditis and 138 cases of pericarditis out of 177m doses given

Moderna - 19 case of myocarditis and 19 cases of pericarditis out of 20 million doses given

Honest to God it's "journalism" of the very lowest order.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 hours ago, anotherchance said:

We’re getting nowhere near that (which I assume is our current ST sales) - this is 100% designed to be launchpad for Cormack to go off on one again - hopefully he gets a bit of backup from his peers this time.

Fingers crossed that Aberdeen are successful with this application. If it’s turned down, we really need, as football fans across the country, for someone to step up and kick up a fuss.

It’s a safe bet there’ll be more than 8k folk, on the same day Aberdeen are playing, in the shops, supermarkets and at other events, restaurants etc in Aberdeen city yet we are demonised as the shape of the ball doesn’t suit Scottish Government. Maybe if Aberdeen promised to sing a hymn, Gobshite Leitch might okay you on the basis Pittodrie can be a pop- up church!

13 minutes ago, deegee said:

Fingers crossed that Aberdeen are successful with this application. If it’s turned down, we really need, as football fans across the country, for someone to step up and kick up a fuss.

It’s a safe bet there’ll be more than 8k folk, on the same day Aberdeen are playing, in the shops, supermarkets and at other events, restaurants etc in Aberdeen city yet we are demonised as the shape of the ball doesn’t suit Scottish Government. Maybe if Aberdeen promised to sing a hymn, Gobshite Leitch might okay you on the basis Pittodrie can be a pop- up church!

Cormack clamped him on Off the Ball several times last year, so Clownshoes Leitch will do everything in his diminishing power to try and veto it out of spite.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Cormack clamped him on Off the Ball several times last year, so Clownshoes Leitch will do everything in his diminishing power to try and veto it out of spite.

Yip, that’s safe to assume what will happen but we have the reality of big crowds (%age as well as actual numbers) at many events, not to mention indoor nightclub and snooker tournaments etc where we know a vaccinated crowd outdoors will result in few transmissions. Without going over old ground, we pack Pittodrie every year when other transmissible viruses are around without this carry-on.
Time to live lives and for Leitch to wind his neck in. Their moment was deffo needed a year back but less so now. It’s going to be interesting tohear him on radio this weekend justifying why football can’t have more than 2k fans despite the numerous events this past few months. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The EMA analysis of cases found:

Pfizer-BioNTech - 145 cases of myocarditis and 138 cases of pericarditis out of 177m doses given

Moderna - 19 case of myocarditis and 19 cases of pericarditis out of 20 million doses given

Honest to God it's "journalism" of the very lowest order.

All of which was included in the piece. And this.

"These reports are extremely rare, and the events are typically mild with individuals usually recovering within a short time with standard treatment and rest,"

The headline writer should be shot though.

2 hours ago, deegee said:

Even more ludicrously, the same group of people who have maskless, 1m distant pre-match pints inside a pub will have to sit 2m apart and wear masks whilst watching the football outdoors.

It's nonsense like that that completely undermines any reasoning the SG give for their rules.

They don't make any sense anymore, and need a complete refresh once we hit 9th August.

I can't remember who it was earlier that suggested masks being retained for a bit only in areas where vulnerable people cannot avoid. I think that is a reasonable idea. For me this is limited to public transport and healthcare facilities. It does not, IMO, include shops, as vulnerable people can make use of priority delivery slots from supermarkets and/or online shopping. They also have access to FFP3 masks which will offer them protection should they decide to venture into crowded places and want to wear one.

10 hours ago, mr_malcolm said:

It’s mental. Am I right in thinking Motherwell are allowed the same number inside fir park? Makes no fucking sense !

Common sense would tell you it should be on a percentage basis of total capacity if it is to be phased at all. 

2000 at Parkhead its empty. 

5 at Hamilton, its a crowd! 

I seriously doubt we are getting a full capacity return  to football Aug 9,  but a 50% approval would be good. 

A certain League Cup match last night.

Asked to put on mask before going in by a steward.

Once in no f*cks given :lol:

Spoiler

If any Helen Lovejoys or Clownshoes are reading this it was Kelty I was at. Definitely Kelty ;)

Aside from having to purchase an eticket with no PATG option and the substitutes being spaced out, last night wasn't really any different from what an Edinburgh City - Accies game would've been like two years ago.

17 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

The time has come….the time really has come.

After 18 months of avoiding it and a few scares I think I’ve finally picked up the virus, pain in the arse because I was due my first dose on Tuesday.

Mrs tested positive on a lateral flow on Thursday (despite a negative on Tuesday) and was last with her Wednesday so would be amazed if I don’t have it, also feel like I’ve been hit by a train and was also only able to get 2 hours sleep last night.

Strange thing is I’ve had 2 negative lateral flows although still awaiting my PCR test, it is possible that I’ve just convinced myself I have it.

Don’t really have a cough though, bit of a sore/tickly throat, headache, really really sore back and had a temperature last night although that seems to have eased.

See you on the other side.

AND WE HAVE A COVID CASE IN EH7, BUT WHO FOR, CHRIS KAMARA?

Positive confirmed, bleugh, more annoyed about potentially being stuck in myself when England win the fucking Euros and missing Raith away on Friday, was meant to be my first game back.

Just feel knackered tbh I’ve had worse hangovers.

2 minutes ago, Left Back said:

His idea that behaviour is changing is based on what?

A complete denial of the combination of natural immunity and the impact of schools?

A nonsense statement, which sums up the failure of every mathematical modeller to take into account that there just isn't an unlimited amount of susceptible people.